Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***CCCP*** View Post
Fist: how do u like ur new headlights? How was the fit? Hows the quality compares to ur oem headlights??? I was looking at them and thinking bout should i or should i not buy them as i bought lights for my nissan from them and they were okayish but plastic covers were made from crappy materials and after one winter whey were covered with rock chips. So whats ur feetback on them? Oh btw they dont have those corner parking bulbs right? Would you please take couple of pics of them?
Now: the door lights that i bought they also had straight pins exactly same position as oem bulbs BUT those pins were thicker/ fatter thats why when i pushed them down i couldnt twist them and lock them in place plus LED that is actually in it is not bright at all its crappy so i would order other ones anyways. Bulbs that u listed might work. Unless they have fatter pins and u wont be able to lock the bulb in place. There is no way u can mesure them its 50/50 chance. Im expecting bulbs sometimes by the mid of the month it all depends how fast shipping is going to be... Plus on the bulb u listed i dont like that plastic white ring. That could be a problem too. I mean they should fit but who knows. Wait till i get mine and ill tell u if its a go. Dont spend 30$ for 4 bulbs just yet.
I like the new headlights a lot. Never liked the orange corners on the stock headlights. They are Hella which make the OEM headlights for our car. They fit perfectly.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Major

Mein Auto: 745 li
Quote:
Originally Posted by JML6278 View Post
Too late CCCP. I ordered the ones that you did last night. I figured by ordering them it would stop me from doing something stupid like buying the $32 ones that I could get immediately. If they don't work for some reason they cost less than $5 shipped.

How do you like the LED fog lights you got? Are they bright enough or should I go HID? Any pics?

Thanks,

Jeff
Sorry bro i think i typed it wrong or u misunderstood me. Im still waiting for my h3 foglight bulbs. Should be here this or next week.
I will def., post pictures and let u know. I dont want hids as i do not want to mess with my wires
Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Major

Quote:
I agree. I should buy 100 of them from China and then sell them for half what the others in the US are charging. Lol
Hahaha man u should ill be ur fist customer
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Major

Quote:
I like the new headlights a lot. Never liked the orange corners on the stock headlights. They are Hella which make the OEM headlights for our car. They fit perfectly.
Awesome thx a loot for the feedback. I cleaned my lights they are okaish but not perfect. They will be ok for a year. And next summer ill buy those u got. I was really skeptical but now its a go. P.S i love those corner side makers. Mine are white led but crappy bulbs. Just got new ones i posted above today. Going to install them in a bit. )) but hey, for that kinda money for new headlights i can live without them.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Sorry bro i think i typed it wrong or u misunderstood me. Im still waiting for my h3 foglight bulbs. Should be here this or next week.
I will def., post pictures and let u know. I dont want hids as i do not want to mess with my wires
I won't order them until I hear back from you on them.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Awesome thx a loot for the feedback. I cleaned my lights they are okaish but not perfect. They will be ok for a year. And next summer ill buy those u got. I was really skeptical but now its a go. P.S i love those corner side makers. Mine are white led but crappy bulbs. Just got new ones i posted above today. Going to install them in a bit. )) but hey, for that kinda money for new headlights i can live without them.
When you decide to order them contact the seller directly. That's how a got the lower price. They got delivered in less than a week. Save the box so when you sell your old ones on eBay you don't have to try and find a box and packaging to ship them in. Made it much easier for me to ship.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Major

Quote:
When you decide to order them contact the seller directly. That's how a got the lower price. They got delivered in less than a week. Save the box so when you sell your old ones on eBay you don't have to try and find a box and packaging to ship them in. Made it much easier for me to ship.
Good tip, thx ill remember that. How did u make them to lower the price?
I will def., give u an update on those fogs
Old 09-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Mein Auto: 02' 745i
Any word on the led's for the door handles yet?
Old 09-11-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKH1 View Post
Any word on the led's for the door handles yet?
Both CCCP and I are waiting for the LED bulbs from China. Whoever gets them first will be reporting back after installing them.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Major

Yup still waiting..... Im leaving out of town on monday if i dont get them till weekend then u will have to let us know man as im going to be away for couple of weeks.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 02' 745i
I should have them installed tomorrow. I found a guy that does custom lighting and he's going to do my doors and a couple other things. Will post pics tomorrow night.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Major

I got my bulbs)) but i dont have my car till tmrw. Its getting alcantara headliner (((
Old 09-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 E66 745Li
Lol just come across this thread...
The first thing i did when i bought my 7 last year was change the door handle lights which you guys are talking about.

But the ones i put on arent that powerfull as they are only 3 smd's on a ba9.

But the best way i figured out to make it brighter is by fitting bulbs which have more smd's on them or by buying ba9 cree bulbs which are meant to be really bright.

I still havent got around to changing the current white bulbs which i previously installed as being too dam lazy

But will try take some pictures tomorrow evening of the lights on the handle.

Also one advice is to be carefull with the fibre optic which emits the light from the pod to the handle is fragile.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App
Old 09-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Also forgot to mention its quite fiddly to fit the bulbs in as the factory fitted bulbs have a different offset compared to the aftermarket ba9s.

You will see what i mean lol

Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I got my bulbs)) but i dont have my car till tmrw. Its getting alcantara headliner (((
Glad you got the bulbs. How long did it take from when you ordered them? Mine were shipped on Sept. 5th.

What is a alcantara headliner?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Major

Quote:
Glad you got the bulbs. How long did it take from when you ordered them? Mine were shipped on Sept. 5th.

What is a alcantara headliner?
I ordered them on aug30 today is 11th. Not bad at all. Bulbs look good to me.
Whats alcantara headliner? Mmm best way to see if u google it.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4T_POM View Post
Also forgot to mention its quite fiddly to fit the bulbs in as the factory fitted bulbs have a different offset compared to the aftermarket ba9s.

You will see what i mean lol

Pictures of what? Of how they look on the car? Thats not what wer trying to find out here. We are looking for the right bulb. We ordered bulbs with 5 smds in it. And they should be bright.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Pictures of what? Of how they look on the car? Thats not what wer trying to find out here. We are looking for the right bulb. We ordered bulbs with 5 smds in it. And they should be bright.
Pictures of how bright 3 smd's are but i dont think 5 smd's would be bright enough, as i think it has to have more on them if its smd's but then again i might be wrong so let me know.

It would be better if it was some powerful front facing bulb like cree bulbs which would emit the light nicely out of the pod.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Major

Well will see i dont think oem bulb is brighter then those led bulbs i got
Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 AM

Mein Auto: '03 745Li
Any LED bulb is better than OEM... just my opinion.,

'11 328i
'07 Audi A8 (w/ 20,000 miles)
'03 745Li (sold)
'03 Acura TL-S
'02 Infiniti QX4 (sold & new owner totaled it 4 hours later)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Yeh i know but all the different types of white led bulbs i put on wernt coming out as bright on the handles, initially i tried one led bulb but then i put the 3 led bulb and was abit brighter.

Also 3000k yellow is actually going to emit more then 6000k. Im sure some of you guys know that but as mentioned above brighter and more smd's on a bulb will be more brighter and will definately stand out more.

Last edited by D4T_POM; 09-12-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Major

Well lets just see how those bulbs i got going to work. If they will even fit in the socket. Ppl on this forum have them installed already i just dont know why they cant report on the bulb they got
Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Well lets just see how those bulbs i got going to work. If they will even fit in the socket. Ppl on this forum have them installed already i just dont know why they cant report on the bulb they got
Lol i understand what you mean but wierd thing is if you asked me what type i put on as in what offset the pins are on mine then i too will not be able to tell you until i take them off.

I ordered the 3M Headlight restoration kit which im going to do over the weekend after that i will go back to doing my lights which will include putting 3000k fogs on and putting xenon reverse lights also.

So once i hopefully have the door handle bulbs out i will report back to you as to how i made them brighter, i might just stick in some smd pads in there lol

Old 09-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI
Yes LED door handle would look better I plan on doing mine have inside done already just need the door handles done and have done the outside aswell side markers and corners

E66 745LI 2004 Sport / Sterling Grey Ext. Blck Int./
22" Wheels / ACS Pedals / ACS Rug Plates/
Black Out Tail Lights / Carbon Fiber Blck.-Gry. Emblams/
Grill Chrome-Blck. /
12" Subwoofers 2000 watt Amp
Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4T_POM View Post
Lol i understand what you mean but wierd thing is if you asked me what type i put on as in what offset the pins are on mine then i too will not be able to tell you until i take them off.

I ordered the 3M Headlight restoration kit which im going to do over the weekend after that i will go back to doing my lights which will include putting 3000k fogs on and putting xenon reverse lights also.

So once i hopefully have the door handle bulbs out i will report back to you as to how i made them brighter, i might just stick in some smd pads in there lol

3m headlight restoration kit is not bad i used it a year ago but be really really careful with those drill pads. Do go crazy or u can easily burn the cover. I burned mine a bit. Tried to send rock chip down. I ordered 7.5 k reverse bulbs. And i think 6 k leds for my fogs.