Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF30 View Post
Yep, I saw that. The Toscana (previous ship out of Bremerhaven) is in Port Hueneme now. Oberon should be there tomorrow - right on schedule.

With these two cargo vessels there should be a good selection of Bimmers available soon.

I've been checking inventory via cars.com for several weeks. Not much availability of 335's in So. Cal. dealers. I would expect that to change within the next week or two.
Man are you saying it took you 23 days to get on a ship?
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-04-2012, 03:54 PM
TomF30 TomF30 is offline
Registered User
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 62
Mein Auto: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
No, it took 8 days to get from Munich to Bremerhaven, then 7 days to get on a ship. On board the Oberon on the 13th of Aug. due in Port Hueneme tomorrow Sept 5th. So 23 days is what it took for the ship to get from Bremerhaven to Port Hueneme. Total elapsed time from order (6/25) to touchdown in US ~ 70 calendar days. Then it will be about another 2 to 10 days 'til delivery at the dealer. Total will end-up being between 72 - 80 days.

Although this has seemed like an eternity, it's really quite good to think that you can place a custom order with a manufacturer in Europe and get your order manufactured and shipped to you in less than 90 days! Think about that.
__________________
2013 335i
Sport Line
Glacier Silver Metallic W/Coral Red leather
Anthracite wood trim
Premium pkg
Nav, RV camera w/parking assist
Xenon Adaptive lights
Heated Front seats
ordered 6/25/12
finished production on 7/20
Arrived in Port Hueneme 9/5
Delivered 9/13/2012

Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-05-2012, 05:24 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
thanks for clearing this out Tom.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 AM
VLing VLing is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Late July Munich Production arrived at Port Huenume today 9/5/2012

TomF30....Oberon @ Port Hueneme and unloading the cargo now. Here is a satellite shot of the Oberon unloading cargo.... Can you see your F30 335i in the lot?

It won't be long now............................before your CA rings you up with good news!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oberon Tracking 9-5-2012 9-34-26 AM.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	340485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oberon Tracking 9-5-2012 8-57-52 AM.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	340486  
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Went into production yesterday. Received build sheet today. After waiting a month for this build to start I am feeling excited rather that the previous frustration. Now I am hoping for an early October delivery, so I can do some fall foliage runs in New York, N.E area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmwBuildSheet.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	340498  
__________________

Last edited by Mykatie; 09-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Cbinc Cbinc is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 60
Mein Auto: What I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
Went into production yesterday. Received build sheet today. After waiting a month for this build to start I am feeling excited rather that the previous frustration. Now I am hoping for an early October delivery, so I can do some fall foliage runs in New York, N.E area.
Holy crap, you waited a month for production in NY? What week were you told your car would go into production? That worries me, cause I was told I had a production of week 36 (this week) and I only ordered last Thursday.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbinc View Post
Holy crap, you waited a month for production in NY? What week were you told your car would go into production? That worries me, cause I was told I had a production of week 36 (this week) and I only ordered last Thursday.
Was told 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery. Apparently dealer was not aware of factory closing for two weeks in August. After I told him this he said the original completion date of of August 4th, was moved to August 17th. Hoping. It is done by end of week.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-05-2012, 04:01 PM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,703
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
Went into production yesterday. Received build sheet today. After waiting a month for this build to start I am feeling excited rather that the previous frustration. Now I am hoping for an early October delivery, so I can do some fall foliage runs in New York, N.E area.
In looking at your build sheet, that is not an uncommon configuration.

With a little elbow grease, you can find that car and be driving it by this Sunday.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
In looking at your build sheet, that is not an uncommon configuration.

With a little elbow grease, you can find that car and be driving it by this Sunday.

BJ
I thought so too. After dealer search, it is not available. Apparently can not find it with lighting package.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
VLing VLing is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
Was told 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery. Apparently dealer was not aware of factory closing for two weeks in August. After I told him this he said the original completion date of of August 4th, was moved to August 17th. Hoping. It is done by end of week.
Did you order a 328i xDrive SULEV F30 133W 3B53 N26/2.0L. Apparently a model code 133W has a N26 engine not the normal N20. What is the difference in the N26 compared to the N20? It might be why you waited so long to go into production.

Last edited by VLing; 09-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLing View Post
Did you order a 328i xDrive SULEV F30 133W 3B53 N26/2.0L. Apparently a model code 133W has a N26 engine not the normal N20. What is the difference in the N26 compared to the N20? It might be why you waited so long to go into production.
No I did not specify the n26. N26 is a SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle) version of the N20. I believe some states require it. Performance wise same power. California, New Jersey, Vermont, Massachusetts and New York are all SULEV states
__________________

Last edited by Mykatie; 09-05-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-06-2012, 02:00 PM
jlhertel jlhertel is offline
Registered User
Location: Minneapolis, MN
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
My 335i was on the Tulane which docked in Baltimore on 9/1, where my car was unloaded. I have not gotten any response from the dealer regarding when I should expect delivery. BMWUSA finally updated my status to 'final touches' this afternoon. I am curious if anyone has taken delivery of a car that was on the Tulane or has any perspective on transport time from Baltimore to the upper midwest (I am in Minneapolis).
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Curious. Who has the sulev(n26 engine), and who has the ulev(n20), and What state (if in USA) are you in? State of confusion does not count.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 AM
sanneRn sanneRn is offline
Registered User
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 2007 Milan, 2013 328ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
No I did not specify the n26. N26 is a SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle) version of the N20. I believe some states require it. Performance wise same power. California, New Jersey, Vermont, Massachusetts and New York are all SULEV states
Looking over my build sheet I see that my order is listed as a 133U 328i xDrive Sedan. Can I correctly assume that this car will have a n20 engine? and is thus not up to code for New York? And could this be why I still do not have a production date? Getting very frustrated....
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-07-2012, 03:50 PM
AndDown's Avatar
AndDown AndDown is offline
just copacetic!!!
Location: Redlands CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,135
Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanneRn View Post
Looking over my build sheet I see that my order is listed as a 133U 328i xDrive Sedan. Can I correctly assume that this car will have a n20 engine? and is thus not up to code for New York? And could this be why I still do not have a production date? Getting very frustrated....
You have the N20 engine, Germany built. I'm in Calif. and was able to order a ULEV/N20 engine even though Calif and NY are two states that specify SULEV engines.

The factory was shut down for a couple of weeks for vacation in August, so they are probably getting caught up with orders, hence your delay. Best thing is to check with your CA as to what is happening.
__________________
Dan
'03 325i OrBlu, MT, PP, SP
'01 X5 3.0 AlpWhite, AT, SP, CP
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK

Last edited by AndDown; 09-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
TomF30 TomF30 is offline
Registered User
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 62
Mein Auto: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLing View Post
TomF30....Oberon @ Port Hueneme and unloading the cargo now. Here is a satellite shot of the Oberon unloading cargo.... Can you see your F30 335i in the lot?

It won't be long now............................before your CA rings you up with good news!
VLing,

Thanks for the photo. Could not quite spot my car, maybe it was yet to be off loaded when the photo was taken.

I'm a little bummed that I can no longer "track" the car But my CA says it should be at the dealers early next week. Watch it arrive when I'm out of town on Tuesday and Wednesday Oh well, that will just make me hurry back even more.

Your's should not be far behind.
__________________
2013 335i
Sport Line
Glacier Silver Metallic W/Coral Red leather
Anthracite wood trim
Premium pkg
Nav, RV camera w/parking assist
Xenon Adaptive lights
Heated Front seats
ordered 6/25/12
finished production on 7/20
Arrived in Port Hueneme 9/5
Delivered 9/13/2012

Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 PM
VLing VLing is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Portland, Oregon
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: BMW 2013 328i Sedan
TomF30, my CA texted me yesterday and said my vehicle has be released to the carrier and should be in the dealership Monday or Tuesday. I am getting excited. BMWUSA.com site say "Finishing Touches" as the status. I should be driving my vehicle by next week,
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:15 AM
TomF30 TomF30 is offline
Registered User
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 62
Mein Auto: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLing View Post
TomF30, my CA texted me yesterday and said my vehicle has be released to the carrier and should be in the dealership Monday or Tuesday. I am getting excited. BMWUSA.com site say "Finishing Touches" as the status. I should be driving my vehicle by next week,
Looks like you'll be driving yours before I'll be driving mine (but only by a day or so). Congratulations!
__________________
2013 335i
Sport Line
Glacier Silver Metallic W/Coral Red leather
Anthracite wood trim
Premium pkg
Nav, RV camera w/parking assist
Xenon Adaptive lights
Heated Front seats
ordered 6/25/12
finished production on 7/20
Arrived in Port Hueneme 9/5
Delivered 9/13/2012

Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:44 AM
virus86 virus86 is offline
Engineer
Location: Florida, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
3 weeks after I ordered, its still not in production......
__________________
GO GATORS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by virus86 View Post
3 weeks after I ordered, its still not in production......
You ordered before factory closed for 2 weeks. I ordered 8-7 and it just started production this week. So one month for mine to start.I would guess yours will start Monday, but BMWUSA is never updated. It was 3 days behind for me. Call dealer Monday afternoon, and have him check for a build sheet. He can then email it to you.
__________________

Last edited by Mykatie; 09-08-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 09-08-2012, 11:23 AM
virus86 virus86 is offline
Engineer
Location: Florida, USA
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
You ordered before factory closed for 2 weeks. I ordered 8-7 and it just started production this week. So one month for mine to start.I would guess yours will start Monday, but BMWUSA is never updated. It was 3 days behind for me. Call dealer Monday afternoon, and have him check for a build sheet. He can then email it to you.
Darn, I didnt know that. I wonder if I can get my car by October. With all the storms in the Atlantic, I dont think so. When is the VIN available?
__________________
GO GATORS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 09-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by virus86 View Post
Darn, I didnt know that. I wonder if I can get my car by October. With all the storms in the Atlantic, I dont think so. When is the VIN available?
Once production starts Vin is assigned. From what I have been reading here I am guessing yours will start this coming week. Call dealer and he can get detailed information, and give you a build sheet via email with Vin #
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-08-2012, 11:49 AM
AndDown's Avatar
AndDown AndDown is offline
just copacetic!!!
Location: Redlands CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,135
Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by virus86 View Post
3 weeks after I ordered, its still not in production......
If you ordered before the factory closed for vacation for two weeks, there will most likely be a longer wait. Yours is probably in the backlog of orders piling up during the break period and it will take them a little longer to get caught up is my guess.
__________________
Dan
'03 325i OrBlu, MT, PP, SP
'01 X5 3.0 AlpWhite, AT, SP, CP
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 AM
MacManVA MacManVA is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Ordered on 8/17
Production started 8/27
Production completed 9/4
I've been stuck on the status of "Released to Carrier for Transport to Exit Port" for 4 days now....Getting frustrated!!!
__________________
'13 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic| SL | CWP | DAP | TP | PP | LP | HK Audio | SA with Paddles | AT Alarm | Totally Wicked Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 PM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManVA View Post
Ordered on 8/17
Production started 8/27
Production completed 9/4
I've been stuck on the status of "Released to Carrier for Transport to Exit Port" for 4 days now....Getting frustrated!!!
Same here, mine got "released to the carrier on 9/3. We will probably be on the same ship, except we both don't know when that is. To be honest with those two hurricanes in the Atlantic I am glad our cars are still probably in Germany on land.

PS: What dealership did you order yours from? I got mine from NJ CA.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.

Last edited by windsor027; 09-08-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms