Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
The Silverback

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
Can't roll rear passenger window down

This happened three weeks ago but I noticed the child safety lock on the door was kinda on, I turned it off then the window rolled down and up no problems but today the lock is off and the window won't roll down at all using the front window control switch or the switch on the door itself KEIF!!! where are you! lol but seriously any ideas? window regulator or maybe something loose in the door panel? people were slamming the life out of my doors at my mothers funeral 3 weeks ago, that's when I first noticed it
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Master Tinkerer

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Is it trying to move still? If you hear it faintly attempt to do something, or spin and spin and spin, then likely the window regulator. Maybe try reinitializing the window (push switch down for a long time, then hold up for a long time, it will attempt to go down and back up on its own), as long as you are ready to replace the window regulator if it gets stuck in some weird position.

Very sorry to hear about your mother; my condolences.

Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings

White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes

Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM
The Silverback

Mein Auto: 2006 750Li
I tried what you suggested and the window started working good again! Thanks a ton Keif, I didn't think it was the regulator because I never roll that window up or down. I appreciate the condolences, loosing my mother is by the far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life