Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
BMW FS Credit Application Approval, Help!

Filled out the credit app online with a co applicant to lock in August rates. The approval is good through 10/31/2012. Didn't know which dealer I was going to go through at that point, so I chose the first one on the list. Just ordered my car, from a different dealer than the one on the online app. Got a production number. The car is in production now, should be complete in 10 days.

Now here is the kicker. Was told by the dealer that I have to call BMW FS to change the designated dealer on the application to them. No problem. I just got off the phone with BMW FS and they told me I have do do another credit application if I plan on purchasing the car from a different dealer than specified on the online application.

This can't possibly be true, just doesn't make sense. Why would I want another inquiry on the credit report and do another application for credit if I'm already approved.
Ads by Google
Old 09-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by z51vette View Post
Filled out the credit app online with a co applicant to lock in August rates. The approval is good through 10/31/2012. Didn't know which dealer I was going to go through at that point, so I chose the first one on the list. Just ordered my car, from a different dealer than the one on the online app. Got a production number. The car is in production now, should be complete in 10 days.

Now here is the kicker. Was told by the dealer that I have to call BMW FS to change the designated dealer on the application to them. No problem. I just got off the phone with BMW FS and they told me I have do do another credit application if I plan on purchasing the car from a different dealer than specified on the online application.

This can't possibly be true, just doesn't make sense. Why would I want another inquiry on the credit report and do another application for credit if I'm already approved.
Each app is tied to a specific dealer, so they can't "switch" it.

6MT, M-Sport, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Tech Pkg, HK Sound, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance Power Kit

Former: 2011 335xi Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
That's ridiculous, that would mean if you want to lock in the rates you already have to have a deal worked out with a specific dealer. What if the deal falls through or you don't like the dealer and decide to take your business to a different dealer, do you loose your lock? Why would you want to be tied to a specific dealer anyway? Pretty preposterous system.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
"Any financing approval is valid at your selected BMW Center only and is subject to finalization of vehicle selection and financing structure by your chosen BMW Center."

https://creditapp.bmwusa.com/apply

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Call the dealer and tell them to figure it out. You will not allow another hit on your credit.

Or tell the 'approved' dealer it is their lucky day if they can meet the deal terms.

Seems to be a silly rule that is designed specifically to limit the consumer for the benefit of the dealerships.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Greg Poland Pacific BMW

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5 M sport
The purpose of the lock is to give that Center 1st dibs at your business, every center you go to will have to run your credit through BMW FS to get funded. Always better to shop the store you like 1st then do the deal.

Greg Poland
Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
818 254 1491
www.PacificBMW.com
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com
Euro delivery, PC delivery, Out of state-new and used car sales
Hours:T-F 1-8 PM,Sat 1 to 8pm, off Sun and Mon.

Current rides: 2013 X5 msport and 2013 535i
15% over wholesale/invoice for all accessories! and free shipping for Bimmerfest members!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK7hG-3fyA