Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Mein Auto: Jacked up duramax
Frick! Look at my wheel!!!

Is this Filler or what? I have no clue how this happened. its like on the inside of the wheel so it wasnt curbed.... Anyone selling a stock front wheel, this is going to drive me ABSOLUTELY NUTS till I get her fixed

Last edited by Cvbwaller; 09-05-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Anyone have a Front stock for sale?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
See if there is one of these in your location

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 PM

would you personally do that to your wheels??? i don't know how that stuff holds up and dont want to half ass it
Old 09-06-2012, 07:38 AM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvbwaller View Post
would you personally do that to your wheels??? i don't know how that stuff holds up and dont want to half ass it
Yes I would let them repair my wheels. I have seen them at my BMW dealership several times working on brand new cars and I know many members here who have had great success with much much worse damage.

It's just a chip, brother. Take a Xanax and give those guys a call. Everything will be ok. I promise.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Old 09-06-2012, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: 08 Alpine White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Yes I would let them repair my wheels. I have seen them at my BMW dealership several times working on brand new cars and I know many members here who have had great success with much much worse damage.

It's just a chip, brother. Take a Xanax and give those guys a call. Everything will be ok. I promise.
David your the man! lmao

08 Alpine White BMW M6 Drop Top

Old 09-06-2012, 11:55 AM

haha, alright just checking, thanks for the help, I called the dealer yesterday and 900 bucks for a wheel did not sound like to much fun
Old 09-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to quarterto8 Send a message via Yahoo to quarterto8
Mein Auto: BMW 745
Quote:

Lmao!!! That was the best advise of the night david!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:45 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson1019 View Post
David your the man! lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterto8 View Post
Lmao!!! That was the best advise of the night david!
Haha thanks guys. I'm trying to get some more activity over here in this section. It's dead right now.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
David

Quote:
haha, alright just checking, thanks for the help, I called the dealer yesterday and 900 bucks for a wheel did not sound like to much fun
Yeah $900 is way too much. You should be able to get it repaired for $100.

We all know what it's like to discover a previously unknow imperfection on our cars. I actually have a small chip in my front driver wheel, but it is smaller than your's and there is no discoloration. I am just going to leave it alone.

I told myself I am not going to be anal about this car. I let my fiancÚ eat and drink (red wine) in it, I take it through car washes (if I wash it), and I drive it hard every time I am behind the wheel. I will never park anywhere near another car, though.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 PM

ha, whenever I park in a parking lot I park way in the back away from everyone, but theres always some junkyard car parked right next to it when I get back
Old 09-07-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
ha, whenever I park in a parking lot I park way in the back away from everyone, but theres always some junkyard car parked right next to it when I get back
I get so mad when I walk out and see this. Its obvious I wasn't trying to park next to anyone and its not like you cant tell that this is an expensive/specialty car. People just have no respect these days.

David you are crazy. I don't even put food in the cabin when I pick something up. It goes straight to the trunk. Don't want that food smell to linger around and ruin the beautiful bmw smell inside.

I don't think it is going to be an easy task getting this forum going because from what I can see nobody visits this site anymore. But hey worth the try and its keeps these threads interesting.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
David

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Do you think these people park next to us on purpose because they know we almost have a heart attack when we see them there.

Even if they don't put a ding on my car they always almost ruin the stare and drool routine I like to do while walking towards my car in a parking lot.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
I park my car between two poles in our garage to give me maximum protection. A Porsche 911 GTR always parks next to me. The other day I walk out, the Porsche is gone and there is serious ding in my door. Pretty clear he did it. Right height, right paint color left on my car. Right on the crease. Takes off some paint. No way the dent removal guys can fix this because of the crease and the paint. Anyway, I know where the Porsche owner works and I shoot him an email the next day asking him if it is possible he inadvertently did the dirty deed to my car. He apparently goes out and looks and I get an email back shortly profusely apologizing and saying he will pay for the repair. So, hard to get too mad at him since he is being a stand up guy about it. Just a little inconvience. BTW, the estimate is $660. Which I haven't given to him yet. So, let's hope he doesn't balk now.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM

I mean $660 for an M6? Not bad i would say.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Do you think these people park next to us on purpose because they know we almost have a heart attack when we see them there.

Even if they don't put a ding on my car they always almost ruin the stare and drool routine I like to do while walking towards my car in a parking lot.
Honestly, know days I think that's your average American who is oblivious to everything. My biggest pet peeve is people on their cell phone driving.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:22 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkHouston View Post
I park my car between two poles in our garage to give me maximum protection. A Porsche 911 GTR always parks next to me. The other day I walk out, the Porsche is gone and there is serious ding in my door. Pretty clear he did it. Right height, right paint color left on my car. Right on the crease. Takes off some paint. No way the dent removal guys can fix this because of the crease and the paint. Anyway, I know where the Porsche owner works and I shoot him an email the next day asking him if it is possible he inadvertently did the dirty deed to my car. He apparently goes out and looks and I get an email back shortly profusely apologizing and saying he will pay for the repair. So, hard to get too mad at him since he is being a stand up guy about it. Just a little inconvience. BTW, the estimate is $660. Which I haven't given to him yet. So, let's hope he doesn't balk now.
Let us know how it works out, LH. Hopefully the gentleman will follow through with his promise. Those are two beautiful BMWs in your signature. I love the wheels on the 335.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 PM
David

Took my fiancÚ out to a "lovely" dinner at Texas Roadhouse Friday night (actually pretty good). Parked in literally the furthest place available and came out to see this. Couldn't help but think of this thread.

Went ahead and snapped the picture before I kicked out the windshield, dumped a gallon of gas on the drivers seat, and pissed a burning flame of M6 goodness into the car setting it off in a blaze of rusted glory.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:

Went ahead and snapped the picture before I kicked out the windshield, dumped a gallon of gas on the drivers seat, and pissed a burning flame of M6 goodness into the car setting it off in a blaze of rusted glory.
Please tell me you actually did this hahahaha

pissed a burning flame of M6 goodness yes lmao

Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 AM

Atleast they didn't hug up right beside you where he could ding your car.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 550i xdrive
Quote:
Took my fiancÚ out to a "lovely" dinner at Texas Roadhouse Friday night (actually pretty good). Parked in literally the furthest place available and came out to see this. Couldn't help but think of this thread.

I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME! Sweet ride, btw.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson1019 View Post
Please tell me you actually did this hahahaha

pissed a burning flame of M6 goodness yes lmao
Sorry to be a disappointment, but I did not actually do that. All I did was tuck a nice piece of warm dog **** under his drivers side door handle. Sorry for the let down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsilo View Post
I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS TO ME! Sweet ride, btw.
Thanks my man! The F10 is one of the best looking sedans on the road in my opinion.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Sorry to be a disappointment, but I did not actually do that. All I did was tuck a nice piece of warm dog **** under his drivers side door handle. Sorry for the let down.

Thanks my man! The F10 is one of the best looking sedans on the road in my opinion.
hahaha the dog sh!t probly did the trick