Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 E39 & 2005 645 ci
645ci Transmission problems

Hey guys. Just wanted to give you an update on my tranny problems with it going into limp mode and only having 40k miles on the car. I took it into the dealership where they ran a diagnostic and the issue tha 5th or 6th gear clutch drive...... They said I need a new $9,700 tranny..... I laughed at them. When I took my car back they had obviously re-set the code......... Its now been several months and no more problems........ the onlt thing I can think is when they did the diagnosis there was an automatic software upgrade that fixed the problem. I dont like calling people names but what the hell was the customer service rep thinking. Any one else had this issue with the tranny..... and same resolution ?
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
The SA gets paid on commission for your repairs. The more things that they suggest, the more they get paid. I had a local SA tell me that I was taking money out of his pocket, for doing my own repairs! What did he think that he was doing for me, other than making my wallet lighter!

If you are still having some problems with your tranny, check the fluid level. If the level is low, it can cause harsh shifts & other problems. If the car has more than 50k miles on it, I would recommend changing the fluid & filter. This is a fairly easy DIY, that will cost you around 250 dollars. You should notice a big difference in the shifting patterns after doing this! The below link will show you how to check the fluid level.

Good Luck!

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/07/40/44
Old 09-07-2012, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 645ci
I had similar issues with my 645. Took to dealership and they replaced the transmisson pan and added a quart of fluid. The pans are notorious for failing or leaking. I have had no problems since. I would get a second opinion before going with the transmission replacement. With the 645 it tends to be either a pan or elect issue. I have not heard or seen to many needing trans replacement.

CURRENT:
BMW 323i
BMW 645ci
Lexus SC 300
Ford F150
Dodge Ram
Old 12-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Young niga in aBeamercoup

Send a message via Yahoo to 64nickle
Mein Auto: 05 645ci BMW
Sometimes when they reset the computer it will wipe out the clothes and will continue driving normal but if they come all wants then it will come on again trust me I know I just got my transmission rebuilt for my six series BMW and I paid a lot of money