Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

Mein Auto: Too slow to name
College Football 2012

Might as well get it started in style, Tyran Mathieu dismissed by LSU for violation of team rules. Maybe Isaiah Crowell, Mike Dyer (kicked off of two teams in the last year,) and the Honey Badger could start a boy band, or at least pass the pipe to one another.

Quote:
Barely one week after being voted as the No. 1 team in the nation to open the 2012 season, LSU has lost its best player, announcing today that All-American cornerback and 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist Tyrann Mathieu has been kicked off the team for an undisclosed violation of team rules
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...7team-policies
Ads by Google
Old 08-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
"Undisclosed" violation? Should have disclosed it, to make it morally [more] difficult for other colleges to recruit him. Seems to me that there is some PSU ripple affect that makes the coach take a stand that football does not trump bad behavior. Good for him. But I still think they should disclose it.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
I have seen the Honey Badger single handedly stopped the fast attacked Oregon offense at the Cowboy Stadium last year. That kid is a future hall of famer.

COME TO OREGON TM!! We need you here and you won't be the only one smoking here as we are 420 Friendly Just remember.. Its not illegal to smoke but it its illegal to posses, so make sure you "Smoked it All!!" By the time the cops shows up

http://www.azfamily.com/sports/colle...127978438.html
Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

I'd be shocked if he took a year off Bee.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:50 AM
Bo-ma-win!

yeah I know.. just wishful thinking to stir conversation...
Old 09-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Week 1 Highlights - Penn State begins their long and arduous season with loss to Ohio. The rest of the MAC serves as cannon fodder for good teams. Michigan State barely beats a rebuilding Boise State. At least we don't have to worry about them being undefeated. Michigan finds out life outside the Big 10 isn't as fun. Alabama shows they can reload despite losing 6 NFL draftees on defense. Geno and the West Virginia offense looked great to take early Heisman lead. Oregon proved that they could design an even more obnoxious helmet and uniform. USC in additional trouble as more illegal recruiting surfaces. Wouldn't a second violation this soon lead to the Death Penalty? New Mexico scores 66 points and wins - no bottom 10 for them this year. Baylor and SMU to play on Sunday - really?? I guess Baptists go to church on Wednesday?

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Last edited by Z4luvr; 09-02-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Mein Auto: 2008 M3
Had a great time in Big D this past weekend watching the Tide roll. Stayed at the Gaylord Texan, no complaints. Michigan fans weren't as friendly as most opposing teams. Most didn't even say hello. Maybe they knew what was coming. Jerry Dome is incredible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	027 reduced.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	340218   Click image for larger version

Name:	030reduced.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	423.2 KB
ID:	340219  
Old 09-03-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA43 View Post
Had a great time in Big D this past weekend watching the Tide roll. Stayed at the Gaylord Texan, no complaints. Michigan fans weren't as friendly as most opposing teams. Most didn't even say hello. Maybe they knew what was coming. Jerry Dome is incredible.
Glad you had a good time. Indoor football is the only way to go for the first game of the year in Texas. The Gaylord Texan is a pretty good trek to Arlington through construction, so I hope you had someone else do the driving. I heard getting a cab after the game was impossible.

By the way, Bama looked awesome. It was men against boys.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
Glad you had a good time. Indoor football is the only way to go for the first game of the year in Texas. The Gaylord Texan is a pretty good trek to Arlington through construction, so I hope you had someone else do the driving. I heard getting a cab after the game was impossible.

By the way, Bama looked awesome. It was men against boys.
It was HOT! I was so thankful for the indoor stadium. We were at an Alabama alumni tailgate across the street and couldnt wait till they opened the gates to the stadium. I have new respect for Texas college football fans.

We went to the game on an alumni trip so a bus took us to/from the game. I know what you mean about the construction, we sure saw it.

Michigan is not a very good football team, but UA is gonna have another great year. Injuries and luck will determine how great it ends up being, e.g BCS NC or just a BCS bowl.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:19 PM
ROLL TIDE!

Mein Auto: 2004 ZHP Sedan
I'll bump this with a prediction on tomorrow's games. We have two or three games vying for the largest pillow fight in the SEC. Auburn vs Mississippi State, Florida vs Texas A&M and Georgia vs Missouri. The latter will probably be a better game than the others.

My picks are Miss State 21-10, A&M 35-21 and Georgia 28-21.

Oh, and Alabama 125-MINUS 14

ROLL TIDE!

Check out my YouTube Channel for DIY's and other fun stuff HERE
Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 PM

The question is: Is Beewang taking the 70.5 points and Savanna State against Florida State?

I am looking forward to the aTm VS Florida game. Could Florida be as bad as they looked in week one? The Aggies have a new coach and a wide open offense.

Georgia is now down 4 defensive starters. Mizzou might give them a game.

Of course the biggest game is TCU's grand opening of their new stadium and Gary Patterson passing Dutch Martin for the most career TCU coaching victories if TCU gets the "W". Not to mention TCU opening their first season in the Big 12 after wandering in mid-major hell for the past 17 years.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
I think UGA will have fight on their hands. This is Missouri's first home SEC game and as mentioned UGA is down 4 starters.

MSU - Auburn will be a close game. Clemson is a better team than MSU and Auburn hung with them for 3.5 quarters without their starting center.

GF is out of town so it will be wall to wall football today.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
I think UGA will have fight on their hands. This is Missouri's first home SEC game and as mentioned UGA is down 4 starters.

MSU - Auburn will be a close game. Clemson is a better team than MSU and Auburn hung with them for 3.5 quarters without their starting center.

GF is out of town so it will be wall to wall football today.
Auburn looks in be in trouble this year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1347152018436.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	340956  

Old 09-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Welcome to the SEC Missouri. You have to play defense in this league, if you want to win.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Quote:
Auburn looks in be in trouble this year.

As an Auburn fan I'd have to say that's an understatement. It's really hard to tell what all is wrong besides a QB who will never be capable of playing at the level needed to lead an SEC team and a coaching staff too stubborn to admit it. The defense played OK early but in the second half I think all of the turnovers just deflated them. Gene Chizik will probably survive what is shaping up to be a horrible season, but if next year is not at least 9 wins he's gone, and that's assuming he survives this season. Louisiana Monroe visits Auburn next week . . .
Old 09-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
It's really hard to tell what all is wrong besides a QB who will never be capable of playing at the level needed to lead an SEC team and a coaching staff too stubborn to admit it.:
I can tell you what's wrong.

DT's get outplayed.
LB play is nonexistent
DE's penetrate too far, leaving escape routes
Safety and corners play too soft.

Blakeley is the only RB with any size.
Lutz and Blake are the only receivers who can seem to break coverage
Your backup QB option apparently likes to drink a little too much and was shown the door.

I could go on, but that should be enough.

I expected mediocrity this year given the coordinator transition but WOW. The only team worse off than us is Arky.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Likewise, I can tell you what Auburn needs...

(psstt!! Need to get the cash and buy another "Son of the preacher" QB....)
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:

I was there last year to witnese the loss to LSU... That venue is increadible and I enjoyed the trip despite a loss. I didn't sit as high as you brother... Howz da nose bleed??

Yeah... that was the hottest game I have ever been to I much prefer cold misty rain over that unbeareble heat..
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 PM

Did anyone watch the UL - Monroe Baylor Game Friday night? ULM used the "Hawk" formation which has 2 QB's in the backfield. On some of their plays, they handed off to one another and then threw passes. Very imaginative. I would think those plays would drive defensive coordinators and players nuts. I wonder if any larger D-1 schools have similar packages? I have watched a fair amount of college games, but can't ever recall seeing that for anything other than a one time trick play. ULM gave Baylor all they wanted, but in the end, the deeper Bears controlled the line of scrimmage (and got a key fumble). Looking forward to OU VS Kansas State this weekend. Frogs at home against UVa - 11:00 AM kickoff - tailgates will have breakfast and mimosas.

Old 09-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Psstt!! Mimosas are for Sunday Brunch... Here in college football, we drink shots and chase it w/ a beer

What the hell is matter w/ you!!??

Old 09-22-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
Psstt!! Mimosas are for Sunday Brunch... Here in college football, we drink shots and chase it w/ a beer

What the hell is matter w/ you!!??

When you are out in the sun all day and its 95 degrees, it's hard to be a baller. At least I stayed for the whole game unlike 95% of the fans. Luckily I cut myself off after 5 beers in the pre-game. Frogs were sleepwalking the whole game again, but they are 3-0, so its hard to complain. Ticked that they gave up their first TD of the year in garbage time.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Quote:
When you are out in the sun all day and its 95 degrees, it's hard to be a baller. At least I stayed for the whole game unlike 95% of the fans. Luckily I cut myself off after 5 beers in the pre-game. Frogs were sleepwalking the whole game again, but they are 3-0, so its hard to complain. Ticked that they gave up their first TD of the year in garbage time.
Yep, I adjust my pregame drinking depending on game temp too. Gotta be smart. Hot, midday games means drinking more water and a little less beer.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, I adjust my pregame drinking depending on game temp too. Gotta be smart. Hot, midday games means drinking more water and a little less beer.

It was 60 degrees at Kick-Off last night.. Overcast w/ scattered / drizzles of rain

Sep 23
Today's High was 73F at 1:25pm when conditions were Partly Cloudy Lows tonight at 45F

Cheers!!

beewang

At this rate.. maybe I'll buy that beer I owe you in Miami Aye NASA43??!! (Humm.. was it you or AJAX.. that sent me the ScubaPro Fins..)

Last edited by beewang; 09-23-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
It was 60 degrees at Kick-Off last night.. Overcast w/ scattered / drizzles of rain

Sep 23
Today's High was 73F at 1:25pm when conditions were Partly Cloudy Lows tonight at 45F

Cheers!!

beewang

At this rate.. maybe I'll buy that beer I owe you in Miami Aye NASA43??!! (Humm.. was it you or AJAX.. that sent me the ScubaPro Fins..)
I would love to claim the beer, but I can't lie. it must've been AJAX. I do hope to see you in Miami in January though!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:08 AM

We will start separating the men from the boys this weekend.

Can anyone have a better game than Geno Smith did last week? He is number 1 in the Heisman watch. Surprised that West Va's defense was that bad.

What's wrong with LSU? Really weak effort vs Towson.