Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 09-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Emission's Avatar
Emission Emission is offline
Automotive Monomaniac
Location: North of Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,692
Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
From Porsche re the two different powertrains...

"The Cayenne Diesel / Cayenne S Hybrid drivetrain is taken straight from the shared WV/Audi platform. The front to rear torque split is fixed at 40% front - 60 % rear, and is heavier and mechanical in design.

The rest of the Cayenne line up uses a proprietary Porsche system that utilizes electronics for a full variable torque split, is lighter and yet more sophisticated.

The Cayenne drivetrain was developed independently, however the Hybrid and Diesel are shared technology."


Keep in mind that the standard Cayenne (V6 gasoline) also uses a VW engine, shared with the standard Touareg.

In contrast, the Panamera V6 uses a Porsche engine. Read "...don't confuse the new 3.6-liter V6 in the Panamera with the revised 3.6-liter V6 in the 2011 Porsche Cayenne they are completely different. The SUV shares its Volkswagen-sourced 10.6-degree iron-block six with the Touareg (touted as the "VR6 FSI"). However, Porsche has developed an all-new lightweight 90-degree aluminum-block V6 for its flagship sedan. Not only does this dissuade potential naysayers, but it allows the automaker to assemble the V6 alongside the V8 (they share 40 percent of their componentry) and easily adapt the V8's all-wheel drive system to the new V6." (From my story on the Panamera V6.)

- Mike
__________________
I am fortunate to have unique press cars delivered weekly, but I own:

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT


Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 09-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Snipe656 Snipe656 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Humble, Tx
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Yeah,, it's one of the better things about BMW with included maintenance. However, MB Blutec's also have super expensive maintenance also, so we can't just blame Porsche.

I wonder if you can prepay maintenance, like you can with AudiCare.
I do not recall seeing a pre-pay maintenance plan on the Porsche site and I had asked him about maintenance when I looked at their SUV and he said nothing about such a thing. You can get that on the MBZ though. I think really maintenance is expensive at most dealers it is just a matter of are you going to have to pay for it out of pocket with each visit while under warranty or wait until out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Valid point, but around here, Porsche is superior because they deal with a different client (ie more wealthy) and they are better than BMW. The average BMW customer is a lease spec 3 series owner, not a near $100k Panamera/911 or even $60k+ Boxster/Cayman owner.
I'd think it is the same here but for whatever reason my experience with that one dealer here in town was never good. But then again so was our experiences with a VW dealer here in town under the same parent company. So probably just that parent company more than anything else.
__________________
--Admiral Aaron Rouse
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
From Porsche re the two different powertrains...

"The Cayenne Diesel / Cayenne S Hybrid drivetrain is taken straight from the shared WV/Audi platform. The front to rear torque split is fixed at 40% front - 60 % rear, and is heavier and mechanical in design.

The rest of the Cayenne line up uses a proprietary Porsche system that utilizes electronics for a full variable torque split, is lighter and yet more sophisticated.

The Cayenne drivetrain was developed independently, however the Hybrid and Diesel are shared technology."


Keep in mind that the standard Cayenne (V6 gasoline) also uses a VW engine, shared with the standard Touareg.

In contrast, the Panamera V6 uses a Porsche engine. Read "...don't confuse the new 3.6-liter V6 in the Panamera with the revised 3.6-liter V6 in the 2011 Porsche Cayenne they are completely different. The SUV shares its Volkswagen-sourced 10.6-degree iron-block six with the Touareg (touted as the "VR6 FSI"). However, Porsche has developed an all-new lightweight 90-degree aluminum-block V6 for its flagship sedan. Not only does this dissuade potential naysayers, but it allows the automaker to assemble the V6 alongside the V8 (they share 40 percent of their componentry) and easily adapt the V8's all-wheel drive system to the new V6." (From my story on the Panamera V6.)

- Mike
Thanks a bunch Mike. Based on this info and the 400 lbs penalty of the diesel I'll stay with the V6 plan unless a back to back test drive makes me change my mind.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Emission's Avatar
Emission Emission is offline
Automotive Monomaniac
Location: North of Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,692
Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Thanks a bunch Mike. Based on this info and the 400 lbs penalty of the diesel I'll stay with the V6 plan unless a back to back test drive makes me change my mind.
The weight shouldn't make much of a difference, especially when you consider the diesel's acceleration and fuel economy. What does it matter?

- Mike
__________________
I am fortunate to have unique press cars delivered weekly, but I own:

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT


Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 09-04-2012, 12:37 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
The weight shouldn't make much of a difference, especially when you consider the diesel's acceleration and fuel economy. What does it matter?

- Mike
It matters to me not for power but for handling. I really like Porsche's drive and discipline to keep weight in check on their vehicles. And as we we all know a lighter rig with similar chassi will handle a lot better. It also sounds like the awd system in the V6 would contribute to even better handling. Again, the engine is not what makes me prefer the Cayenne. It actually plays a very minor role as long as it''s sufficient. It's the quality, reliability and handling that matters most, that is after the fact that my wife really likes it and it's on top of her list

Last edited by solstice; 09-04-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM
DBV DBV is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 140
Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328d xdrive
I have driven both and if you do, there is no doubt that you will like the diesel better. I think it feels like V8 power, which is probably all the torque the diesel offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Thanks a bunch Mike. Based on this info and the 400 lbs penalty of the diesel I'll stay with the V6 plan unless a back to back test drive makes me change my mind.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 09-04-2012, 03:47 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
I have driven both and if you do, there is no doubt that you will like the diesel better. I think it feels like V8 power, which is probably all the torque the diesel offers.
Maybe but I'm not so sure since I think I will be able to feel the rather large difference in weight when hustling these rigs around. My guess is that the V6 will feel nimbler and have a quicker steering response. And I'll happily trade a heap of grunt for some added athleticism since I find the VR6 to be both rather refined and sufficiently powerful and not at all a dog as refered to by some here.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Emission's Avatar
Emission Emission is offline
Automotive Monomaniac
Location: North of Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,692
Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Much will depend on the tires and suspension. Upgrading both is much more dramatic on the Cayenne than it is on the X5. When you combine PASM and 21-inch wheels, the Cayenne will run with sport sedans...

- Mike

P.S. - I drove a Tesla Model S (VIN 0001!) tonight. Talk about a game-changer! Story next week...
__________________
I am fortunate to have unique press cars delivered weekly, but I own:

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT


Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 09-05-2012, 05:47 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,128
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV View Post
I have driven both and if you do, there is no doubt that you will like the diesel better. I think it feels like V8 power, which is probably all the torque the diesel offers.
This is a good point, but the base 3.6 V6 is a fantastic powerplant too. It makes good power, good torque, and above all, it makes a good noise. Plus it loves to rev.

I prefer the diesel, but the VR6 (it IS NOT a V6) shouldn't be ignored either.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 09-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Snipe656 Snipe656 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Humble, Tx
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
This is a good point, but the base 3.6 V6 is a fantastic powerplant too. It makes good power, good torque, and above all, it makes a good noise. Plus it loves to rev.

I prefer the diesel, but the VR6 (it IS NOT a V6) shouldn't be ignored either.
Some good noise is always a good thing in my book. One of the first selling points the Porsche dealer blurted out upon getting into the Cayenne diesel with him was how it has zero exhaust sound and almost zero engine noise. That to me is a negative not a positive.
__________________
--Admiral Aaron Rouse
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,526
Mein Auto: '06 X3
Perhaps the Porsche salesman was over compensating for the perception that "diesel clatter" would be a serious impediment to sales. That might be why they were downplaying the noise factor. After all why should a Cayenne Diesel sound like an F350 Superduty Navistar when starting up? Personally, I do not find that objectionable and actually like the diesel clatter "and the smell of (diesel) in the morning", but others may.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:33 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,128
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Perhaps the Porsche salesman was over compensating for the perception that "diesel clatter" would be a serious impediment to sales. That might be why they were downplaying the noise factor. After all why should a Cayenne Diesel sound like an F350 Superduty Navistar when starting up? Personally, I do not find that objectionable and actually like the diesel clatter "and the smell of (diesel) in the morning", but others may.
Only thing that bugs me about my E70 is the clatter. No idea why it is so loud. The 335d doesn't have this issue and the Q7/ML/GL/Treg all are silent.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Snipe656 Snipe656 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Humble, Tx
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,032
Mein Auto: 2009 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Perhaps the Porsche salesman was over compensating for the perception that "diesel clatter" would be a serious impediment to sales. That might be why they were downplaying the noise factor. After all why should a Cayenne Diesel sound like an F350 Superduty Navistar when starting up? Personally, I do not find that objectionable and actually like the diesel clatter "and the smell of (diesel) in the morning", but others may.
Then he did a bad job because he was comparing it to the S and making his pitch sound like people want all of the SUVs to be as engine noise free as possible. I do not think my 335d engine sounds like an F350 when accelerating. I think it actually has a somewhat aggressive sound to it and I'd expected at least that from the Porsche and hoped for much more. BTW an F350 with aftermarket exhaust sounds more like a big block muscle car than clattery when driving down the road.
__________________
--Admiral Aaron Rouse
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Emission's Avatar
Emission Emission is offline
Automotive Monomaniac
Location: North of Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,692
Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Only thing that bugs me about my E70 is the clatter. No idea why it is so loud. The 335d doesn't have this issue and the Q7/ML/GL/Treg all are silent.
BMW has a thick foam pad over the injectors, but nothing on the sides. While the 335d's engine is crammed in the nose, the X5 engine compartment allows a lot more space around the sides... maybe it acts like an acoustic chamber to amplify the noise? All I know is that the X5 35d is the LOUDEST import diesel currently on the market (but my wife likes the sound).

- Mike
__________________
I am fortunate to have unique press cars delivered weekly, but I own:

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT


Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,128
Mein Auto: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
All I know is that the X5 35d is the LOUDEST import diesel currently on the market (but my wife likes the sound).

- Mike
This is true. Under throttle, I think it sounds quite aggressive though. The idle clatter is really annoying though. My old '10 Jetta had a slight tick compared to this.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,526
Mein Auto: '06 X3
The "objectionable" clatter is usually on start up or idle. Underway the oil burners sound great -- especially the big Duramaxes, Navistars, and Cummins in the domestic HD pickups! Those with an aftermarket Flowmaster or Borla exhaust coupled with a Banks enhancement package sound even better IMHO!
Mike, when do we get to read your Cayenne diesel report from the tundra?
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Emission's Avatar
Emission Emission is offline
Automotive Monomaniac
Location: North of Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,692
Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
The "objectionable" clatter is usually on start up or idle. Underway the oil burners sound great -- especially the big Duramaxes, Navistars, and Cummins in the domestic HD pickups! Those with an aftermarket Flowmaster or Borla exhaust coupled with a Banks enhancement package sound even better IMHO!
Mike, when do we get to read your Cayenne diesel report from the tundra?
I finished it some time ago... lots of other stuff plugging the editorial schedule.

That said, I have a Tesla Model S story scheduled to run on Tuesday (still only about 50 percent done!) and my Cayenne Diesel story scheduled for Wednesday. I drive an Audi A3 e-tron concept tomorrow.

- Mike
__________________
I am fortunate to have unique press cars delivered weekly, but I own:

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT


Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 AM
UncleJ UncleJ is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Silicon Valley
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,526
Mein Auto: '06 X3
Mike, Alex Lloyd has his Alaskan adventure with the Cayenne Diesel up on Jalopnik -- black bear encounter and all. Very interesting read. Didn't manage to see Russia like Sarah did though. Note: Big Diomede and Little Diomede are separated by 2.2 miles of the Bering Sea that freezes over in the winter -- Big D is Russian and Little D is US -- so you really do see Russia from (parts of) Alaska.

Last edited by UncleJ; 09-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Emission's Avatar
Emission Emission is offline
Automotive Monomaniac
Location: North of Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,692
Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Mike, Alex Lloyd has his Alaskan adventure up on Jalopnik -- black bear encounter and all. Very interesting read. Didn't manage to see Russia like Sarah did though. Note: Big Diomede and Little Diomede are separated by a very short stretch of the Bering Sea that freezes over in the winter -- Big D is Russian and Little D is US -- so you really do see Russia from (parts of) Alaska.
They ran my Tesla S story yesterday... then pushed my Cayenne diesel back to Monday (9/17) so the 2013 Mini Cooper Countryman story can run in 15 minutes. I'll be in Germany that day, so I won't have a chance to comment on the Fest until I return the next evening.

- Mike
__________________
I am fortunate to have unique press cars delivered weekly, but I own:

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT


Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 AM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emission View Post
They ran my Tesla S story yesterday... then pushed my Cayenne diesel back to Monday (9/17) so the 2013 Mini Cooper Countryman story can run in 15 minutes. I'll be in Germany that day, so I won't have a chance to comment on the Fest until I return the next evening.

- Mike
We have a Tesla dealer in town and I've been impressed by the design of the Model S both from a looks and utility point of view. One thing I don't see in your review is comments on the EPS. I guess this car is aimed at being a sporty sedan, what was your obervations of the EPS, is it better than say in the F10?
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
AutoUnion's Avatar
AutoUnion AutoUnion is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5,128
Mein Auto: German
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/12/p...paris-w-video/

Quote:
Porsche Cayenne S Diesel to debut in Paris


Quote:
For any of our European readers who like the Cayenne Diesel but who have been holding out for a higher-power formula, good news has arrived. Porsche has confirmed earlier rumors by announcing that a more powerful diesel version of its Cayenne SUV will debut at the Paris Motor Show later this month.

According to Porsche, the Cayenne S will feature the company's most powerful diesel engine ever. Under its sculpted hood is a turbocharged 4.2-liter V8 with direct injection rated at 382 horsepower and 850 Nm (627 pound feet) of torque. With that power, the Cayenne S Diesel can accelerate from 0-60 in just 5.7 seconds and arrive at a top speed of 157 mph.

The Cayenne S Diesel also incorporates stop/start, which Porsche says makes it the only diesel SUV to do so. The result is a European cycle fuel economy of 8.3 liters per 100 km (that converts to roughly 28 miles per gallon, albeit not on the EPA's test cycle).

This news comes on the same day as the release of the video below, which celebrates a less-powerful diesel Cayenne. The U.S. version of the Porsche Cayenne Diesel (note the lack of an "S" designation), debuted at the New York Auto Show back in April featuring a 3.0-liter V6. That engine makes 240 horsepower and 406 pound feet of torque and carries a base MSRP of $55,750, whereas the not-for-North-America V8 diesel rings up at 77,684 about $100k.

Is there a connection between the U.S. video and the Porsche press release below? Unfortunately, no. Porsche officials tell Autoblog that the Cayenne S Diesel will not be coming to America. If you really had your hopes up, well... feel free to thumb through the gallery wistfully.
I WANT THIS!
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 AM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
Not me. Diesels are really great for SUVs but I don't like them as performance engines wether it's an SUV or car. I'd have the Turbo for that money. Well as long as gas is not 10 bucks (Europe) where a diesel would be the only option for big power. But instead of for example a 911 with a monster diesel I'd rather have a much smaller high revving gasser in a super light chassi.

Last edited by solstice; 09-12-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 PM
jashearer jashearer is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Gold Coast, QLD
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 737
Mein Auto: Holden Wagon & Sedan
I hope the diesel s pushes BMW to bring over its M diesels

Jay
__________________
Rover - 2013 Holden Commodore SV6 Sedan
Clark - 2013 Holden Commodore Sport SV6 Wagon
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Emission's Avatar
Emission Emission is offline
Automotive Monomaniac
Location: North of Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,692
Mein Auto: Schnelle Autos
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
We have a Tesla dealer in town and I've been impressed by the design of the Model S both from a looks and utility point of view. One thing I don't see in your review is comments on the EPS. I guess this car is aimed at being a sporty sedan, what was your obervations of the EPS, is it better than say in the F10?
I didn't really have a chance to wring it out in a sporty manner on Mulholland (the roads were packed), but the steering was a non-issue to me. In all honesty, the Model S is more fun to drive than today's 5 Series. I really didn't like the 550i, and I am currently in the middle of my F10 M5 6MT story (working on it right now).

- Mike
__________________
I am fortunate to have unique press cars delivered weekly, but I own:

'13 Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro 8AT
'86 Porsche 911 Turbo 4MT


Gone, but never forgotten... my E70 X5 35d, E90 335i, E46 330i, E36 328i, E70 X5 3.0si, E53 X5 3.0i.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Read my work as West Coast Editor for Autoblog!
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 PM
serge1's Avatar
serge1 serge1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: seattle
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 661
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jashearer View Post
I hope the diesel s pushes BMW to bring over its M diesels

Jay
The Cayenne S Diesel has as much chance to make it to USA as does M50d.
By the way, M50d vehicles are .4 second quicker, despite having 3.0 (vs 4.8) displacement, and being generally heavier than Cayenne. The Diesel S has more torque though.

Would be interesting to see how all that plays out on the track. Give me x5/x6 m50d vs Cayenne S Disesel video!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
diesel, porsche, x5


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms