Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X1 sDrive (on order)
Will the X1 surpass the X3?

Now that I have ordered an X1, I keep looking for one IRL, not just on the dealer lot. So, I perk up every time I see a BMW SAV. I have noticed tons of 3s on the road. In my part of town, I once counted 5 in a one mile stretch. I always, literally, see at least two. I see far fewer 5s and only one 6. Still haven't seen an X1, which is pretty cool. I should get mine in early Oct and look forward to bring the new kid! Point of reference, our metro area population (inc 12 counties) is 1.5 million, so we're not a big city. We only have one BMW dealer in the area.
One reason I'm getting the 1 is because it looks completely unlike any other car on the road. Another is the novelty of a rare model. I drive a not very special VW now, and am bothered just a little when I see the same model/color combo. The idea of seeing a half dozen cars just like mine every time I run an errand will drive me crazy! I plan on buying, not leasing, but will sell before it is no longer under warranty so resale matters to me
Do you think the X1 will become as commonplace as the X3 in the next 2 years? BTW, I see so many 3series sedans it's amazing. It's the ubiquitous luxury car around here. Would have to kill resale values. Is everyone just leasing?
Advertisement