Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: 535i
Question About Pull Ahead Program

I have a lease (535i) that will terminate at the end of October. I was about to order a 2013 535i when I spoke to my CA about the current pull ahead program. I then went to the dealership, they looked at the car and told me they "could do it." In other words, I can lease a new 5 series and there will be no cost associated with early termination of the lease. My 2010 535i has 14500 miles on it and is in pristine condition. The dealer says they will need to paint a quarter panel due to a scratch, but a local collision center (who I trust) says that is BS. I am certainly no expert, but it seems likely that the dealer can sell this low mileage 535i for much more than what their out of pocket will be to conclude the lease through the pull ahead program. (This is a 535i with M Sport and numerous other options. MSRP was $62,870. Residual is $38,351.)

The dealer found a few cars on the way that closely match what I was going to order and now it is time to do the deal. My question is whether I should factor the pull ahead and what I perceive to be the dealer's profit on my existing car when we negotiate price, MF, etc. I am willing to pay a certain amount over invoice, but I am wondering if the dealer stands to gain on my "trade" in such a way that I can drive a harder bargain than I might otherwise consider. Any input is much appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave66 View Post
I have a lease (535i) that will terminate at the end of October. I was about to order a 2013 535i when I spoke to my CA about the current pull ahead program. I then went to the dealership, they looked at the car and told me they "could do it." In other words, I can lease a new 5 series and there will be no cost associated with early termination of the lease. My 2010 535i has 14500 miles on it and is in pristine condition. The dealer says they will need to paint a quarter panel due to a scratch, but a local collision center (who I trust) says that is BS. I am certainly no expert, but it seems likely that the dealer can sell this low mileage 535i for much more than what their out of pocket will be to conclude the lease through the pull ahead program. (This is a 535i with M Sport and numerous other options. MSRP was $62,870. Residual is $38,351.)

The dealer found a few cars on the way that closely match what I was going to order and now it is time to do the deal. My question is whether I should factor the pull ahead and what I perceive to be the dealer's profit on my existing car when we negotiate price, MF, etc. I am willing to pay a certain amount over invoice, but I am wondering if the dealer stands to gain on my "trade" in such a way that I can drive a harder bargain than I might otherwise consider. Any input is much appreciated.
Food for thought...your MY10 was the last yr of the E60 body style.

If the scratch is long and deep enough it will not pass CPO inspection...in order to bring it back to CPO condtion they will need to repaint

Your car is bringing an avg of 29K at Manheim...and your residual is 38K+ ...if you want to get a real world number take it to CarMax...see if they are willing to offer you residual or better...my guess; they won't be close

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!

M6GC in stock...come by for a look!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 535i
Thank you for the helpful response. I was making assumptions without all of the information and I wasn't sure I was correct. Turns out I wasn't.