Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650i
My 2007 650i Coupe has 118,000 miles on it. She drives like a dream right now. Yes i have had problems and she has a few quirks i'm trying to figure out, but I love this car more than any other car I've ever owned. I have doen the following Left Side Cylinder head Cover Gasket, upper Timing Cover Gasket, O-Ring under Alternator Braket (all at the same time), Replaced Transmission Pan and Fileter, replaced Battery, Replaced Steering Column assembly Switch, Front Control Thrust Arms, Front Brakes, Flushed Brake Fluid (At Dealer). Oil Changes, New Tires. i've owned her for almost 2 years now. her quirks are that every once in a while she just won't start. She eventually starts though. I've managed to avoid this by putting her on a Battery tender once a week for a few hours or overnight. She has an electronics issue somwhere that simply drives me crazy, but so far the battery tender once a week keeps her starting consistently. I feel like she will run another 100K with what I've donr to her. I originally purhcased with 78K miles on it for $25K. She is loaded with the exception of no Active Cruise Control or Night Vision.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by houbmw-cm View Post
My 2007 650i Coupe has 118,000 miles on it. She drives like a dream right now. Yes i have had problems and she has a few quirks i'm trying to figure out, but I love this car more than any other car I've ever owned. I have doen the following Left Side Cylinder head Cover Gasket, upper Timing Cover Gasket, O-Ring under Alternator Braket (all at the same time), Replaced Transmission Pan and Fileter, replaced Battery, Replaced Steering Column assembly Switch, Front Control Thrust Arms, Front Brakes, Flushed Brake Fluid (At Dealer). Oil Changes, New Tires. i've owned her for almost 2 years now. her quirks are that every once in a while she just won't start. She eventually starts though. I've managed to avoid this by putting her on a Battery tender once a week for a few hours or overnight. She has an electronics issue somwhere that simply drives me crazy, but so far the battery tender once a week keeps her starting consistently. I feel like she will run another 100K with what I've donr to her. I originally purhcased with 78K miles on it for $25K. She is loaded with the exception of no Active Cruise Control or Night Vision.
I put mine on the battery tender once a week also! It is a good practice, especially if you are like my Wife who has short 10 minute trips to and from work everyday. The battery is not getting properly replenished without longer drive times.

I have 50k miles and have had to replace the mechatronics sleeve, steering angle sensor, ARS block (dynamic drive), and dash cluster to name the more major fixes. Fortunately under warranty and/or CPO.