Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2012, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: sti, m3, glk
Bad deal? Sneaky sales tactics I suppose.

Hi all,

My sister-in-law just got CPO '09 328i with 58k miles for the asking price of 20k at a NY dealership. Her previous car was a 3-series too, but it was ruled a total loss as a result of flood damage. Solid deal I thought and told her it sounded good. I couldn't accompany her at the dealership but the carfax appeared great and it was a 1-owner car.

She signed the paperwork yesterday and called me today after looking at her receipt in a panic. The dealership charged her $1,500 for the Wheel and Tire Protection Package and $2,600 for Maintenance, and apparently, they never explained it to her or informed her.

The Wheel and Tire Package sounds like a complete waste after reading it essentially covers flats/punctures and generalized non-cosmetic damage. I don't have the particulars for the maintenance program, but after reading up on it on the BMW USA website, it sounds like it basically extends the maintenance to 6 years/100,0000 miles. Seems redundant to me as CPO covers 6 years/100,000 miles? Or maybe it is a maintenance plan exclusively through the dealership and not through BMW USA?

I'm certain the Wheel package is a crock. But how about the maintenance? I've been out of the purchasing loop for a little bit, but this seems unfair and sneaky.

Anyone know if the purchaser can someone wiggle out of these fees after the fact? Car was purchased Saturday.

Thanks a bunch gang
Ads by Google