Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:23 PM
M White 328I M White 328I is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: BMW-GMC-Chevy-Cadillac
On tonsberg

Who is on the Tonsberg it is in Southampton next Stop Baltimore on the 28th. We have waited now 8 weeks for this 328i and it looks like maybe 3 more!! WOW!!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
When did you car finish production?
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:12 AM
M White 328I M White 328I is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: BMW-GMC-Chevy-Cadillac
On Tonsberg

Production was 9/8 ordered 7/24
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 AM
MacManVA MacManVA is online now
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by M White 328I View Post
Production was 9/8 ordered 7/24
My production was 9/4 and I am still waiting to get to the port of exit. I verified the status with my CA, he even sent me screenshots of it's status in their dealernet system, but nobody has an answer why it is taking so long.
__________________
'13 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic| SL | CWP | DAP | TP | PP | LP | HK Audio | SA with Paddles | AT Alarm | Totally Wicked Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManVA View Post
My production was 9/4 and I am still waiting to get to the port of exit. I verified the status with my CA, he even sent me screenshots of it's status in their dealernet system, but nobody has an answer why it is taking so long.
that just doesn't make sense. How come he made it on a ship with production ending 4 days after you?
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2012, 10:43 AM
M White 328I M White 328I is offline
Registered User
Location: Illinois
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: BMW-GMC-Chevy-Cadillac
Thats Strange I know that my dealer waited about 2 to 3 weeks to put my order in for some reason?? Makes me wonder if they didn't have an allocation or it went to a order with higher profit. That wouldn't surprise me if you were $300 below invoice that there is some sort of snafu!!!! Just saying!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
MacManVA MacManVA is online now
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by M White 328I View Post
Thats Strange I know that my dealer waited about 2 to 3 weeks to put my order in for some reason?? Makes me wonder if they didn't have an allocation or it went to a order with higher profit. That wouldn't surprise me if you were $300 below invoice that there is some sort of snafu!!!! Just saying!!!
Status changed today it is on it its way to port. Hopefully it will make one of the ships to Baltimore in the next few days. I doubt profit had anything to do with it. BMW makes the same profit on the car its the dealer who gave me the deal.
__________________
'13 328i xDrive | Black Sapphire Metallic| SL | CWP | DAP | TP | PP | LP | HK Audio | SA with Paddles | AT Alarm | Totally Wicked Awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManVA View Post
Status changed today it is on it its way to port. Hopefully it will make one of the ships to Baltimore in the next few days. I doubt profit had anything to do with it. BMW makes the same profit on the car its the dealer who gave me the deal.
Today mine said your vehicle is at the port waiting a shipping vessel. No information on the vessel at this time. Great and here i thought I was on the Toronto.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
My vehicle completed the 13th. Today it shows "your vehicle is doing donuts at the port while awaiting a shipping vessel".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
Today mine said your vehicle is at the port waiting a shipping vessel. No information on the vessel at this time. Great and here i thought I was on the Toronto.
Did u try tracking on WW website. My production status was similar but when I checked on the WW website it using VIN as the cargo ID , it showed my vehicle to be on board the Toronto.


Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
that just doesn't make sense. How come he made it on a ship with production ending 4 days after you?
I agree .... My production end date was 9/7 and my vehicle made it on the TORONTO that's expected to dock in NY by the 28th.

I dont know where in Germany it may have been built cuz according to my CA there are at least 3 other places besides Munich where production takes place. So may be that's why theres a delay. In any case hard as it may seem patience will be rewarded.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:38 AM
windsor027's Avatar
windsor027 windsor027 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: McLean VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i and 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_maverick View Post
Did u try tracking on WW website. My production status was similar but when I checked on the WW website it using VIN as the cargo ID , it showed my vehicle to be on board the Toronto.




I agree .... My production end date was 9/7 and my vehicle made it on the TORONTO that's expected to dock in NY by the 28th.

I dont know where in Germany it may have been built cuz according to my CA there are at least 3 other places besides Munich where production takes place. So may be that's why theres a delay. In any case hard as it may seem patience will be rewarded.
thanks Doc. One question when you call the 800 number what does it say for your vehicle. Unfortunatly my CA has not been able to get me my VIN number. Yea he is pissing me off also.
__________________
2014 X3 35i Dynamic Handling Package| Cold Weather Package | NAV | Premium hi-fi system | Driver Assistance Package.

2013 335i Sportline | M-adaptive | HK | NAV | PDC | Heated Front seats |6-speed MT.

2011 X5 35d Great SUV gone

2009 C350 Mercedes Gone 7-31-2012, good car but boooooooooring.

2008 X5 4.8i - Turned in 1/24/11 They created the Lemon law because of this SUV.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
doc_maverick doc_maverick is offline
Registered User
Location: philadelphia
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
thanks Doc. One question when you call the 800 number what does it say for your vehicle. Unfortunatly my CA has not been able to get me my VIN number. Yea he is pissing me off also.
Well Until yesterday it said awaiting shipping vessel. And the TORONTO had sailed on the 13th. Today it changed to vehicle in transit.

It's strange that your CA cannot provide u with a VIN ..... I'd push for it man !
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-2012, 03:54 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,738
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
thanks Doc. One question when you call the 800 number what does it say for your vehicle. Unfortunatly my CA has not been able to get me my VIN number. Yea he is pissing me off also.
If your car has been produced and your CA cant get the vin then he is an idiot and i would ask for a new ca, not even kidding. Getting the VIN is pretty simple.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
if your car has been produced and your ca cant get the vin then he is an idiot and i would ask for a new ca, not even kidding. Getting the vin is pretty simple.
+1 ask to have copy of build sheet emailed asap. It is reassuring to see it, and vin is on it.
__________________

Last edited by Mykatie; 09-18-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM
DoodleD DoodleD is offline
Registered User
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i
I'm hoping to be on the Topeka leaving tomorrow. Anyone else? Ordered 8/25 with dealer allocation. He did it all in front of me while I watched him change his allocation to the specs of my car. My car was completed 9/12. My CA is constantly emailing me with what he knows and I had my VIN for about a week now.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,738
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleD View Post
I'm hoping to be on the Topeka leaving tomorrow. Anyone else? Ordered 8/25 with dealer allocation. He did it all in front of me while I watched him change his allocation to the specs of my car. My car was completed 9/12. My CA is constantly emailing me with what he knows and I had my VIN for about a week now.
i know so many people hoping to be on the boat tomorrow, myself included lol
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
i know so many people hoping to be on the boat tomorrow, myself included lol
I actually hope to be on The Carmen leaving one day later, as it will arrive 2 days sooner. One less stop(Sweden)
BREMERHAVEN 19/09/2012 NEW YORK, NY 03/10/2012 TOPEKA CA238-TOP 14 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 20/09/2012 NEW YORK, NY 01/10/2012 CARMEN CF238-CMN 11
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,738
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
I actually hope to be on The Carmen leaving one day later, as it will arrive 2 days sooner. One less stop(Sweden)
BREMERHAVEN 19/09/2012 NEW YORK, NY 03/10/2012 TOPEKA CA238-TOP 14 Wallenius Wilhelmsen small arrowBook It
BREMERHAVEN 20/09/2012 NEW YORK, NY 01/10/2012 CARMEN CF238-CMN 11
the carmen does not stop in brunswick tho, so people in the southeast wont be on that boat.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Mykatie Mykatie is offline
it has arrived!
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
the carmen does not stop in brunswick tho, so people in the southeast wont be on that boat.
It stops in NY (NJ)
Baltimore
Savannah
Wouldn't that be SE?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-19-2012, 01:50 PM
DoodleD DoodleD is offline
Registered User
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 32
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35i
Can anyone confirm being on either of these vessels?

Update: I am on the Topeka

Last edited by DoodleD; 09-20-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: New information
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms