Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 xDrive 35i
Production time line?

Very excited that we recently purchased/ordered our X3 xDrive 35i M-sport and that it's currently in "production". Does anyone who's recently gone through the process know approximately how long the production phase takes (that is to get from step 1 to step 2 on the online tracking system)?

Start - Order Documented

01. - Production Begins (we are currently at this stage)

02. - Production Ends

03. - Finishing Touches Finish

At Your BMW Dealer

Thanks!!
Ads by Google
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Only in America

Mein Auto: 2011 335i Conv M Sport
Hey there. I too just ordered the X3 35i this week - on Tuesday 9/11. Car went into production yesterday, 9/13. Production takes no longer than a week. I already have PCD scheduled for 10/5 - which is an amazing 3.5 weeks from order. It does somewhat validate what I have heard that PDC usually is scheduled no sooner than 2 weeks after the finish of production. In any event, very impressed with how quickly I am taking PCD delivery after order. What options did you select?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the reply...sorry for my ignorance but what's PCD?

As for options here our build:
Alpine White
Chestnut leather

Option packages:
Wave wood trim
Cold weather
M Sport
Premium
Premium Sound
Technology
BMW Apps
Old 09-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Only in America

Nice configuration. Mine (wife's actually) is also white. We chose the mojave leather over chestnut. Was a tough call. The chestnut was much redder in person than what it looks like on the BMW website. But the chestnut if very sporty. I wanted the M Sport - but she is small and isnt comfortable with the sport seats.

PCD is the Performance Center Delivery - at the plant in Spartanburg SC. Its awesome. Free night in a hotel with dinner and drinks, track time in a similar X3, plant tour, museum tour, ABS and skid pad time, a hot lap in an M5, and a fun little off road course. All free and paid for by BMW. Its probably way too far of a drive for you to consider though. We have done before and cant wait to go back.

Cheers.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM

Nice...yeah Mojave is a nice one too...we did see the Chestnut in person and really liked it. PCD forgot about that, very cool, would love to do it but would be challenging to take enough time off from work to do it right.

Hopefully we'll get a delivery date soon - I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas to arrive :-)
Old 09-20-2012, 06:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 MB C300
Hey SS Walters,

I was curious, is taking delivery at the PCD something that costs more or is it just an option?

I live in SC and can be in Spartanburg in about 2 hours and that sounds like a blast!

Thanks
GC
Old 09-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
The only thing PCD costs is time (you may have to wait for an available slot) and transportation dollars (airfare for most of us). You still pay the standard US delivery fee, but there is no additional charge for PCD from BMW.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ryProgram.aspx
Old 09-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Only in America

HI GC,

The delivery at the Performance Center in Greenville is totally free! Zilch. Nada. Just ask your Client Advisor to set it up for you. Its an awesome experience.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
PCD is available at no additional charge when you order the vehicle. Just make sure your sales advisor knows what to do and puts you in the queue. PCD typically occurs 2 weeks after production of the car. Hotel and meals are comped by BMW. We did it in August and it was GREAT.