iOS6 Map problems
Early UK adopters are reporting problems with the new map application in iOS 6. Best to hold off on updating your device, or pack something else for navigation.
Examples include missing and misplaced towns, points of interest in the middle of a river, images obscured by cloud, and poor search results.
Among the user complaints regarding Apple's maps sent to the BBC were:
- Users have complained about the quality of satellite images in the new software
- Some towns appear to be missing, such as Stratford-upon-Avon and Solihull.
- Others, like Uckfield in East Sussex, are in the wrong location.
- Satellite images of various locations, particularly in Scotland, are obscured by cloud.
- A search for Manchester United Football Club directs users to Sale United Football Club, a community team for ages five and above.
- Users also reported missing local places, such as schools, or strange locations. Another screenshot showed a furniture museum that was apparently located in a river.
if you want to find Gatwick or Gatwick Airport via a search then forget it.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.
Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 09-20-2012 at 09:18 AM.