Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 3.0si
Evlengr

To all posters, is it just me or you all getting real tired of Evlengr's non stop bashing of the X3? Not everyone, nor even close to the majority of X3 owners experiences his unfortunate issues, but he is relentless in his BMW bashing on multiple X forums. Enough is enough.
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Since Evl has moved up to an S4 I doubt if you will have him to "kick around anymore" -- but before everyone jumps on him I offer the following: (1) Evl was one of the first to make an issue of the horrible '07 transmission problems that BMW failed to address. (2) Was a driving force in getting a sticky attached to this forum that soldiers on to this day. For that alone and the many other issues he has drawn attention to, he deserves a thank you from us all.
As one who also believes there are other cars out there and some might even be better than BMW's I do appreciate an objective view from one who has been through the buyback drill and knows the ins and outs of the system. For that alone, Thanks Evl!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
^+1.

As the former mod who stickied that thread, I concur.

If you have an issue w a poster, hit the report button and move on.

However OP you are incorrect in this case, IMHO.

- J.C. Watts Jr.

Last edited by MMME30W; 09-21-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 MT
I also want to thank Evlengr for starting the Pay It Forward sticky thread.

Like many of us, he is complex and passionate.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 2.0d MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokelizard View Post
i also want to thank evlengr for starting the pay it forward sticky thread.

Like many of us, he is complex and passionate.
+1
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM

Mein Auto: A Gamma Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrapo View Post
To all posters, is it just me or you all getting real tired of Evlengr's non stop bashing of the X3? Not everyone, nor even close to the majority of X3 owners experiences his unfortunate issues, but he is relentless in his BMW bashing on multiple X forums. Enough is enough.
Evl is on record as not liking the BMW stereo. I for one really like mine. He wants more performance. I give the car full marks for performance. I have no opinion on the auto tranny as mine is a manual.

UncleJ doesn't like the ride. I personally don't see it but he's entitled to his assessment of it. Others like to "tinker" with their cars. I am absolutely against it. So while I don't particularly agree with what other people think or do. I don't see it as my place to express it. So I just read it and move on.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
Quote:
Originally Posted by usaret View Post
Evl is on record as not liking the BMW stereo. I for one really like mine. He wants more performance. I give the car full marks for performance. I have no opinion on the auto tranny as mine is a manual.

UncleJ doesn't like the ride. I personally don't see it but he's entitled to his assessment of it. Others like to "tinker" with their cars. I am absolutely against it. So while I don't particularly agree with what other people think or do. I don't see it as my place to express it. So I just read it and move on.
this i agree with!

there were some things i was interested in what Evl had to contribute and some topics that i was not interested in what he had to say. he knew his stuff, though. and, he was/is relentless. i'll bet BMW NA was more sick of him than anyone on a car forum.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Drink the koolaid or else

Send a message via Yahoo to kjboyd
Mein Auto: 2009 MINI Cooper Clubman
Isn't calling out another member by name to berate him against the terms ?

-----
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
Nightfire Red/NFR, Tuscan Leather, CP, PP, CW, Roof Rails & Aero Kit, 16" Bridge Spokes, Xenon, Auto, English Oak Trim & Wood Wheel, Alarm, Hi-Fi

-------

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle
Old 09-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Exceptions

With the exception of the OP thanks guys.

If you take the time to really read what I am saying, most of my complaints are picking on BMWNA and not necessarily the X3.

I detested my 07 AT X3, I really liked my 08 MT X3. I will continue to speak out when I think BMWNA is shorting the consumer, help those that PM about stereo fixes, and advice on how to handle BMWNA when they stonewall a customer.

Sorry you are one of those people that think I am attacking you when I pick on BMWNA.

Think about some of the things I have recently pocked on. The sun roof. A number of people openly state they are afraid to even use the sun roof as the risk of failure is so costly they just keep it closed all the time. Really? In a $50k vehicle. That is the kind of things I "Bash".

But next time I give away something and you need it, I will still help even you as people that originally beat me up for changing the stereo are now constant people I keep in good esteem and chat with off board.

Otherwise, meh such is life.
2005 GC
2000 Jeep Cherokee
1997 Twin Turbo RX-7
1984 GTI Wolfsburg Edition Neuspeed and more
Closed Thread