Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG13 View Post
Nice work. Did you transfer the lease to someone else or just let Rolls buy it and pay off the difference to BMW financial? I still want to ditch mine but haven't gotten around to it. Put a listing on craigs list but didn't receive any bites.
What are you planning to buy/lease?

Most dealers will look to buy your lease out depending on how many months remain, what car you're purchasing/leasing and if they can make money. I had a lease e92 335i which I was going to keep but my dealer took it in early when I got my 7 series and some dealers up here like Porsche Canada are openly asking to bring in your current lease which they'll pay off so they can put you in a Panamera or Cayenne .

Old 09-21-2012, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 Active Hybrid 7
Quote:
Nice work. Did you transfer the lease to someone else or just let Rolls buy it and pay off the difference to BMW financial? I still want to ditch mine but haven't gotten around to it. Put a listing on craigs list but didn't receive any bites.
I paid the negative off, so I would not have to roll into negative into an already hefty payment. My last 2 cars had no negative rolled into the deals...and while sometimes not avoidable, it's nice leasing or financing or buying a car with no baggage from the previous car!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by f01driver View Post
What are you planning to buy/lease?

Most dealers will look to buy your lease out depending on how many months remain, what car you're purchasing/leasing and if they can make money. I had a lease e92 335i which I was going to keep but my dealer took it in early when I got my 7 series and some dealers up here like Porsche Canada are openly asking to bring in your current lease which they'll pay off so they can put you in a Panamera or Cayenne .

Nice. WSJ was talking about how the values of lightly used luxury cars had gone up enough recently that it was much easier to trade in a lease early without losing much if anything. Panamera was one of the cars I was considering, but I'm leaning more towards the CL at this point.

That Ghost looks awesome in Silver. I think it adds to the affect of making it look as though it's a car cut from one huge piece of metal!

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 09-22-2012, 04:32 AM

Are you planning to get the CLS63? I think my next car will be the CLS63 or the gran coupe, both look amazing but the CLS63 seems a better bang for the buck than the gran coupe.

And funny you mention the frame because the Rolls Royce Phantom's aluminum spaceframe chassis is the largest ever made. There was a great documentary on the RR factory on the NG channel a few weeks ago, I believe it's on youtube as well. It really is stunning the amount of man power that goes into a RR, it's no wonder it's the most prestige car in the world.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:54 PM

I was talking about the CL - the large coupe. Always liked those things. Have you seen the GC in person yet? Finally noticed one in LA the other day. Found the presence a little underwhelming compared to the CLS. I live out on Wilshire so I get to see a parade of benzos and beamers every day, and the CLS is one of the only mainstream models that really stands out to me in traffic - mostly due to that unique LED array on the headlights. Tail lights I haven't gotten used to yet :/

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 09-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Deutsch, meant to ask - is the idrive/nav system similar to that of the 7 or is that re-worked as well?

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 09-22-2012, 02:41 PM

Oh, my bad. The CL is nice espically the CL63/65 but are you waiting for the redesigned CL or the current one? I haven't seen the gran coupe in person yet and I agree with the CLS, the LED headlamps make the car pop but the rear isn't as nice. Reminds me of the rear on the new XJ; beautiful car from the front and side until you hit the rear were everything falls apart.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Quote:
I was talking about the CL - the large coupe. Always liked those things. Have you seen the GC in person yet? Finally noticed one in LA the other day. Found the presence a little underwhelming compared to the CLS. I live out on Wilshire so I get to see a parade of benzos and beamers every day, and the CLS is one of the only mainstream models that really stands out to me in traffic - mostly due to that unique LED array on the headlights. Tail lights I haven't gotten used to yet :/
How funny my Mom lives on Wilshire as well, she mentioned the same thing when I got the 7, she pushed me towards getting the GC, but it was too rich for my blood. They had a M Sport 640 GC for a hair under 100k on the showroom floor. She said she sees tons of 7/S-classes all day long, they're like Camrys out there.

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF02 View Post
How funny my Mom lives on Wilshire as well, she mentioned the same thing when I got the 7, she pushed me towards getting the GC, but it was too rich for my blood. They had a M Sport 640 GC for a hair under 100k on the showroom floor. She said she sees tons of 7/S-classes all day long, they're like Camrys out there.
Off topic but love your SRT8. I was the first ones to buy the original 300c back in 2004, kept it for a couple years and loved the raw power and the look. The new SRT8 looks so amazing, I haven't seen one local but the I've seen a few new 300's rolling around and just look the overall look.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:34 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by f01driver View Post
Off topic but love your SRT8. I was the first ones to buy the original 300c back in 2004, kept it for a couple years and loved the raw power and the look. The new SRT8 looks so amazing, I haven't seen one local but the I've seen a few new 300's rolling around and just look the overall look.
A bit further off topic, I saw this Chrysler 300 just the other day. I would love to have a Rolls or a Bentley, but this isn't the way to do it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1348360328846.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	342901

Back on topic, Deutsch100 your Rolls is a beauty.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)

Last edited by dunderhi; 09-22-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

HAHA I love seeing those *cough*ghetto*cough* 300's with 22's and 5" lips, with Bentley Logos. You're not fooling anyone, well maybe Ray Charles.

I love my SRT, it has a ridiculous amount of bells and whistles for the price ~58k is equivalent to a 70k 550i, though the interior materials are a step down, still VERY good (might be the best right now) for a domestic, but not on the same level of a Teutonic sport sedan.

As much as I love my SRT, the dealerships are definitely something to be desired. I was satisfied with them before I got my BMW. But with BMW, I go in and are treated like I just saved the Service Manager's baby and wife from a fiery wreck. I don't know if I could go back to buying domestic, my local BMW dealership is just that good. The car and the dealer is just amazing... I'm still satisfied, even after having multiple drivetrain malfunction problems, sunroof wouldnt work, etc.

I couldn't imagine the level of service from a Rolls-Royce/Bentley dealer

Gorgeous car Deutsch, you might not have a Bimmer anymore, but stay around here, I'd love to see more pics. I don't care about stock photos, I love seeing these real life exotics, owned by a car buff. Glad to see you don't have a chauffeur

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
HAHA I love seeing those *cough*ghetto*cough* 300's with 22's and 5" lips, with Bentley Logos. You're not fooling anyone, well maybe Ray Charles.

I love my SRT, it has a ridiculous amount of bells and whistles for the price ~58k is equivalent to a 70k 550i, though the interior materials are a step down, still VERY good (might be the best right now) for a domestic, but not on the same level of a Teutonic sport sedan.

As much as I love my SRT, the dealerships are definitely something to be desired. I was satisfied with them before I got my BMW. But with BMW, I go in and are treated like I just saved the Service Manager's baby and wife from a fiery wreck. I don't know if I could go back to buying domestic, my local BMW dealership is just that good. The car and the dealer is just amazing... I'm still satisfied, even after having multiple drivetrain malfunction problems, sunroof wouldnt work, etc.

I couldn't imagine the level of service from a Rolls-Royce/Bentley dealer

Gorgeous car Deutsch, you might not have a Bimmer anymore, but stay around here, I'd love to see more pics. I don't care about stock photos, I love seeing these real life exotics, owned by a car buff. Glad to see you don't have a chauffeur
Thanks Chris. Rolls and Bentley service is honestly amazing!!! BMW and MBZ are generally good, but RR and Bentley basically bend over backwards for you!!! And yes..no driver for me. I earned these cars, and I'm gonna drive and enjoy them. And I don't have a Phantom (yet, he he he) to be chaueffered around in!!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750i
Congrats on the Ghost. It looks great. Where about in So Cal do you live? I live in the Palisades and see a Silver one driving around often..wonder if its you now..

Quote:
AdamG13 I was talking about the CL - the large coupe. Always liked those things. Have you seen the GC in person yet? Finally noticed one in LA the other day. Found the presence a little underwhelming compared to the CLS.
I'll be interested to see the reveal of the new S class and the S Class Coupe (the CL is discontinued and rolled into the S Class Coupe). I've been itching for a new car for a bit now, but don't think I can wait a year for the S Class reveal.

Tried an A8 today...the massage seats...(actual massage seats instead of a snake rolling around your ass like the 7 series) combined with the B&O sound system, and the diamond stitched comfort seats...I have to say, I was very impressed, and I've never been an Audi fan.
2008 F250 King Ranch Diesel

Past Vehicles:
2008 M6 Conv
2008 S65 AMG
2009 Lexus LX570
2007 X5 4.8
2008 RR SC
2003 M3 Conv; totalled

Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 AM

Lol @ the Bentley emblem on the 300 but it doesn't get worst than this...

Oh, don't get me started on the dealerships. My Chrysler dealer was horrific, it was worst than visiting a dentist but I know in recent years Chrysler and the other US car manufacturers are trying to up their customer service and general ambiance of their dealerships. And on the topic of RR's and RR's service, here's a great urban myth;

Quote:
A man buys a second hand Rolls Royce. While on a driving holiday a few years later, it breaks down by the side of the road. He's a long way from home so calls the nearest dealership. They send an engineer who gives him a replacement car to continue his journey in and then takes charge of the broken down vehicle.

A few days later, his car is returned, fully repaired. After a few weeks, the man realised he hasn't paid for the repairs and, not wanting to be accused of being negligent, calls the garage again and speaks to the office manager. "My Rolls Royce broke down a few weeks ago. You repaired it but haven't yet sent me an invoice," he said.

"Sir, you must be mistaken," said the office manager. "Everyone knows that Rolls Royce cars simply don't break down."

Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLLC View Post
Congrats on the Ghost. It looks great. Where about in So Cal do you live? I live in the Palisades and see a Silver one driving around often..wonder if its you now..

I'll be interested to see the reveal of the new S class and the S Class Coupe (the CL is discontinued and rolled into the S Class Coupe). I've been itching for a new car for a bit now, but don't think I can wait a year for the S Class reveal.

Tried an A8 today...the massage seats...(actual massage seats instead of a snake rolling around your ass like the 7 series) combined with the B&O sound system, and the diamond stitched comfort seats...I have to say, I was very impressed, and I've never been an Audi fan.
I do not live in the Palisades, sadly I am in the Calabasas area of the West San Fernando Valley!!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Wardaddy in retirement

Mein Auto: f01 750i
Ehm, the new GC owns CLS anyday, sideways, backwards, and then some more. Look at it in person, drive one, it's an incredibly beautiful car. I already testdrove 2 of those and it's just pure win and love. Most definitely my next car.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
Ehm, the new GC owns CLS anyday, sideways, backwards, and then some more. Look at it in person, drive one, it's an incredibly beautiful car. I already testdrove 2 of those and it's just pure win and love. Most definitely my next car.
The GC is a beautiful car but I feel it's quite overpriced for what it offers. While prettier, certainly no match against a CLS63. Maybe an M6 GC when available.

The twin Turbo AMG V8's are seriously capable (especially with the performance package).

My 2cents...
Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
The GC is a beautiful car but I feel it's quite overpriced for what it offers. While prettier, certainly no match against a CLS63. Maybe an M6 GC when available.

The twin Turbo AMG V8's are seriously capable (especially with the performance package).

My 2cents...
+1, totally agree with you.

I don't know about the US pricing but we only get the 650 here in Canada which starts at $99,xxx and with options it's very close to the 750i in terms of pricing. It would have made more sense to price it as same as the A7 and S7 and that's why the CLS63 looks much more appealing when you compare the two in terms of pricing.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Just saw a '13 750 for the first time on the way home, and then about 3 blocks later passed an AH7. Guess I need to up my business game so I can get a Ghost or Ferrari and stand out from these jabronies! Most of the 7's and S classes out here are driven by old people anyway.

2013 750i Mineral White
Previous Bimmers:
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
Quote:
Just saw a '13 750 for the first time on the way home, and then about 3 blocks later passed an AH7. Guess I need to up my business game so I can get a Ghost or Ferrari and stand out from these jabronies! Most of the 7's and S classes out here are driven by old people anyway.
The median age for S class an 7 Series drivers is mid-fifties, for Ghosts and Ferraries you can add a few years. No surprise there.

Who cares. Just buy the car you like the most and enjoy to drive. So what if others do too