Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)

F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
F12 / F13 BMW M6 and F06 M6 Gran Coupe Forum.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
BMW M6 Verses Mercedes SL63 AMG and Jaguar XKR-S

Thereís no shortage of performance in this test. Each of these cars has a great V8 exhaust note, a serious price tag and power to spare. They look the part, too, so picking a winner comes down to which feels the most special behind the wheel.

Surprisingly, that isnít the BMW M6. Itís packed with clever technology, has a fantastic engine and gearbox, but itís too heavy and lacks the agility of its significantly lighter rivals.

On the other hand, the Jaguar offers a simple combination of entertaining handling and massive performance, but the cabin is dated and itís hard to justify the hefty price increase over the already impressive standard XKR.

So the SL63 is the clear winner. It proves once again that AMG now makes cars with agile handling to match their famed engines. This is a mighty performance car that retains the sense of class youíd expect from an SL.

Read the complete BMW M6 verses Mercedes SL63 AMG and Jaguar XKR-S at Auto Express
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 650 I SPORT PKG
Funny seen another that the M6 was the winner I guess all down to imoa
Vorsteiner carbon lip,Deck wing and Rear diffuser
Black mantle grill
H&R 15mm spacers for front and back Go Wide
Painted front and rear brake calibers with M logo
Exhuast rensinator delete with cats removed

Lexus L 460 touring package Family car
Svt mustang Cobra racer
Lexus Gs Modded Daily
Bmw 650i Cabrio Sold
Saleen s 351
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM

Mein Auto: XKRS
Thumbs up Xkrs

If you want to see which car is the best on the track take a look at the recent VIR Lightning Laps. The XKRS did quite well! As far as the interior not being a significant step up from the regular XKR take a another look at the seats. Regardless, that's not where the money was spent. It was put in to performance upgrades.