Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
My BMW Remote Released for Android Smartphones

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW Remote App now on Android Smartphones

The My BMW Remote app is now available for smartphones running the Android operating system, too. The application can be downloaded for free from the Google Play store (Android Market), and offers all the same functionalities as the iPhone version first brought out in autumn 2010.

My BMW Remote allows users to operate all manner of functions in their BMW from outside the vehicle, without even having to be nearby:
  • Remote Door Lock & Unlock allows the car to be locked and unlocked from a smartphone.
  • Climate Control makes it possible to control the interior temperature by adjusting the auxiliary ventilation and heating settings, and programming the systems by timer.
  • With "Horn Blow" for sounding the horn and "Flash Light" for briefly switching on the exterior lights, users can trigger acoustic and visual signals to help them find their vehicle in crowded car parks, for instance.
  • If the car is out of sight and hearing distance but within a radius of up to 1,5 km, the Vehicle Finder function is able to display a map on the smartphone screen showing the way to the vehicle's location. This function is only available when the ignition is switched off, thereby making it impossible to track the vehicle's movements.
  • Using Google Local Search, users are able to import points of interest (POIs) from their smartphone into the vehicle's navigation system via the message list.

Bimmerfest.com My BMW Remote iPhone Walk Through

"By extending our My BMW Remote app to Android devices as well, we are responding to the recent rapid spread of this operating system," explains Dr Eckhard Steinmeier, Head of BMW ConnectedDrive. "Google Android is the fastest-growing software platform for smartphones and tablets, so we are now delighted to be able to offer our customers the remote app functions on this operating system, too."

Both My BMW Remote apps can be used in conjunction with a valid BMW ConnectedDrive contract in all current models equipped with BMW Assist. The range of functions may vary depending on the model, year of manufacture and destination market. Customers receive detailed information regarding this when downloading the application.

Last edited by tim330i; 07-31-2012 at 07:31 AM..
This article has been viewed 9379 times.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW X5
any idea when this will work in the US?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 Z4 28i
I Can't Find the APP

I looked in the Google Play today for the app, but can't find it. Is there a date that it will be released in the US?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 135i
when can i get this on google play?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Real Car PC

Send a message via AIM to wnrussell Send a message via MSN to wnrussell Send a message via Yahoo to wnrussell Send a message via Skype™ to wnrussell
Mein Auto: 535i w/ Real PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjames007 View Post
when can i get this on google play?
It's not there yet. I found it on XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post29642685

Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 AM

So you cannot download it from the Google Store because it is not for the US yet. You have to download the .apk from some some where. There are a few sties that are sharing it. I installed it on my VZW Galaxy Nexus. And it works exactly like the iOS devices.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi
Coming soon: BMW Apps go Android
From July 2013, smartphones powered by Android platform will also be able to benefit from application-based integration. With a market share of more than 50 percent, Android has become the most prevalent smartphone operating system. The BMW Group is therefore vigorously driving forward development in this area. By extending application-based smartphone integration to Android users as well, BMW now covers the bulk of the smartphone market and is opening up BMW apps to an even wider community.

The first concrete results are currently taking shape. The BMW Group specifically chose Samsung as its pilot partner for Android integration. The company is the world market leader across all mobile phone segments, including Android powered smartphones , making it an obvious choice for the BMW Group to join forces with Samsung for the launch of the app-based integration of Android. Android integration will be gradually rolled out to include other manufacturers. The BMW Group is once more highlighting its leadership position in in-car smartphone integration.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to A8hnaios Send a message via Yahoo to A8hnaios Send a message via Skype™ to A8hnaios
Mein Auto: 318i Ci 320 Ci
Nice App.!!

tnxs...
Old 09-22-2012, 10:13 AM
it has arrived!

Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Still not available I guess. Ne 1 have any updated info? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 3.5
Bump for any new info?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Re: My BMW Remote Released for Android Smartphones

There isn't any. It's not on Google play. J had to have a friend send me the ap

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app