Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
See, again, I like the lighter headliner and the contrast with the saddle and the black.

A saddle headliner would make the cabin too orange and black too like a crypt. The F30 interiors look spacious and bright for the most part. BMW was too safe on the inside. I like the fact that they're shaking it up a bit.

BJ
Completely agree that a Saddle headliner would be much too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
An anthracite headliner would look great! In reality it does not make the car feel crypt-like at all. It gives the interior a very rich feel. It completes the contrasts.
The antrhracite headliner with Saddle does in fact look great! In fact it's one of the things that really completes the insdie of the E93.

The biggest disconnect I have is the black dash area then the A pillar just kind of sticking there, not blending in with anything. I know it's a tradition that carries over from the E90. I didn't like it on the E90 and it still looks off kilter to me, but then I don't have to look at it every day so no matter.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 09-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
How droll - I was hoping for better…..

How charmingly similar to the “knight in the forest” from the Holy Grail, as you bellow “Come back here and I’ll bite your knee-caps off.” Really now, I see you were up and at ‘em early today---Perhaps a sleepless night fretting over the cellulite upholstery? Pleasant dreams.

BTW I know, I know, “you get it”….jus’ not very often……

Did you know that "boltjames" is an anagram for "jab me lots"? Figures.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
How droll - I was hoping for better…..

How charmingly similar to the “knight in the forest” from the Holy Grail, as you bellow “Come back here and I’ll bite your knee-caps off.” Really now, I see you were up and at ‘em early today---Perhaps a sleepless night fretting over the cellulite upholstery? Pleasant dreams.

BTW I know, I know, “you get it”….jus’ not very often……
I'm not the one with the identity crisis and the poor decision-making. I love my F30.

Not my fault you hate your 2007 E92, but don't fret- lots of 17 year olds will drown you in praise as this subforum quickly becomes a ghost town, the adults all moved on and you left as Lord Of The Flies. The E46 subforum had plenty of you grandpa types giving worldly guidance to the youngsters too, very quaint.

Enjoy.

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 09-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post

And the F30
... added the F20 1-Series interior to the photo collection:

Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

That one seems the most similar in design to the F30.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 09-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Mein Auto: E91
Quote:
Look, this is your subforum now, I'm just a guest, so we'll leave it at that.

You bought a 7 year old car as-new and likely are positioned to be The King Of E9X with all the 17 year old E90 "owners" programmed to worship your every move, and just like the silly E46 owners you won't like the dose of reality from the grown-ups in our new cars. I get it.

BJ
BJ, some guests are ALWAYS welcome.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Completely agree that a Saddle headliner would be much too much.

The antrhracite headliner with Saddle does in fact look great! In fact it's one of the things that really completes the insdie of the E93.

The biggest disconnect I have is the black dash area then the A pillar just kind of sticking there, not blending in with anything. I know it's a tradition that carries over from the E90. I didn't like it on the E90 and it still looks off kilter to me, but then I don't have to look at it every day so no matter.
The anthracite headliner just makes the saddle interior, IMO.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
I've driven the F30 as a loaner. My humble thoughts based on having spent a day with the car, which is obviously FAR from what is needed to assess the vehicle:

1. Exterior styling - I love it in person MINUS the bland hood and its horizontal line running across. What were they thinking on this one, our GT has this too and it has to be one of the ugliest features of this new look.
2. Interior styling - I love it but cannot tell how practical it will be in the long-run. Also could not determine how anti-glare the new NAV screen really is, since it is no longer recessed.
3. Seats - this is where i disagree with the vast majority here. Those seats are HARD as heck, one thing I hate about the E90. You have no idea how bad...if only I could rip out the GT seats and throw them in the E90.
4. Vehicle dynamics - all felt like a true BMW.
5. EPS - it is about as lifeless as it can be. Needless to say, the wife loved it and this kind of steering will appeal to the masses...so a well-calculated, shrewd move for BMW, from a financial standpoint, as more cars will be sold, but I hate the damned thing. Period.
6. ASS - Need we say more, the fact that a recent decison was made allowing dealers to disable this speaks for itself. Really, the update is to allow your last setting to endure for eternity, meaning you turn this off once and you never have to disable it again. Sign me up.

Oh yeah, no WAY would I buy an F30. The 328 is only 2 years old and I have a good friend, who is a mechanic at a local BMW dealership, that will be maintaining the car on the side, with me getting my hands dirty along the way.

I hope all of you are doing well. Bemo out!
That is the thing about seats - what works for one person might not work at all for another.

The F30 seats just fit my body.

I love the E90 seats too but it took longer to adjust to them.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
That one seems the most similar in design to the F30.

CA
That was the point of my post... I really do not like the 3-Series interior to be an upscale 1-Series in layout. It was doing fine by being a downscaled 5-Series interior, especially if prices were going to reach $80,000+.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
I'm not the one with the identity crisis and the poor decision-making. I love my F30.

Not my fault you hate your 2007 E92, but don't fret- lots of 17 year olds will drown you in praise as this subforum quickly becomes a ghost town, the adults all moved on and you left as Lord Of The Flies. The E46 subforum had plenty of you grandpa types giving worldly guidance to the youngsters too, very quaint.

Enjoy.

BJ
Agreed - you do not have an identity crises - You know who you are, You’re the style setter for all the other “Die Wirklichen Hausfrauen von Bergen County” and your decision to purchase a luxury line 328 reflects that quintessential fashion sense. All the other ladies who lunch in Bergen are just so envious….

You Fabulous You.....Toodles!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:

The 1 series interior has better design flow and seems to work more than the 3 series interior. The passenger side of the dash and center console just look thrown together on the 3 Series.

I also think it looks cleaner with the black interior as opposed to the multi colors.

Thanks for posting the picture.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Agreed - you do not have an identity crises - You know who you are, You’re the style setter for all the other “Die Wirklichen Hausfrauen von Bergen County” and your decision to purchase a luxury line 328 reflects that quintessential fashion sense. All the other ladies who lunch in Bergen are just so envious….

You Fabulous You.....Toodles!
Hey, don't be like that about Bergen County! Living there is its own reward, and its own punishment. It's home to Hackensack and HoHoKus, Secaucus, Paramus and Rutherford. New Jersey would have no place to anchor the west end of the George Washington Bridge without Fort Lee, that's right, in Bergen County!
Beej had it good up here in New Hampshire before he left for the bright lights and the big city. He got what he wanted but now he has to live in New Jersey.
Cut him some slack, he's been kind of a later years Muhammed Ali since the name change and the move.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 320D Sport Plus Coupe
Why all the hate for the start stop on the F30? Is it any worse than the one on the E90/92?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astirling View Post
Why all the hate for the start stop on the F30? Is it any worse than the one on the E90/92?
The E90/E92 do not have the start/stop function. At least mine does not?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM

It's not available on automatics but my manual e92 has it. I don't love it but it doesn't really bother me either.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
It's not available on automatics but my manual e92 has it. I don't love it but it doesn't really bother me either.
I didn't know that. I have a DCT in the 335is. My son's 2011 M3 sedan with MT does not have it either.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
My 2012 M3 DCT has it - with a disable button.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:34 PM

I think I'd be disgusted if they added auto start stop to the m3. It has no place on a car like that!

Edit: just read above that the newer M3 has it.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I didn't know that. I have a DCT in the 335is. My son's 2011 M3 sedan with MT does not have it either.
M3 has it since MY2011.5 (Sept 2010).
Old 09-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
M3 has it since MY2011.5 (Sept 2010).
We took delivery of our M3 in April of 2011. We placed our order in the beginning of February so it is a 2011.5 model. It does not have the stop/start feature. It has a manual transmission.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
We took delivery of our M3 in April of 2011. We placed our order in the beginning of February so it is a 2011.5 model. It does not have the stop/start feature. It has a manual transmission.
That must have been a late Friday poduction special, then...http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...9&d=1278946032.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
2012 335is with DCT doesn't have it.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
That must have been a late Friday poduction special, then...http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...9&d=1278946032.
I can't open that site for some reason.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 PM

Having just purchased an E92, I was looking at a variety of diesel models. The recent 320d with manual transmission has auto start stop. The automatic does not. I could only find 325Ds and 330Ds in automatic versions and none of them had auto start stop.
It actually disables itself quite a lot in my car. For example, it doesn't start working until the engine has warmed up. It also disables itself if the temperature is 3 degrees C or less. Finally, if you're stuck in queues of traffic for long periods of time, it disables itself to prevent draining the battery.
Obviously a quick press of the button under the radio also switches it off if it annoys you to the point where you can't live with it.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
That stop start feature is insane. It had me constantly swearing under my breath.
+1
I am renting a 1-series while overseas, and this feature drives me insane, especially so with a manual gearbox.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App