Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 09-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
New owner questions

I purchased a 2006 650i convertible 2 weeks ago. It has 17,000 miles on it and from what I've been reading low mileage like that isn't too unusual with these cars. Obviously wasn't being used as someone's daily driver and was probably just their winters in Florida car. It will be my daily driver, but I put only 10k miles a year or less on the car. I purchased a 3rd party warranty through the dealer, $0 deductible, 3 years/36000 miles and also a tire and wheel insurance policy (never had run-flats before.)

The car has had all the required service done, but even though the mileage is low, it's still 6 years old, so I am going to have the cooling system flushed and refilled. Also will have the belts and hoses checked, but I expect those will be okay. Any other areas to be checked or PM that should be performed?

By the way, got quotes on flush and fill from 2 local indies and the dealer. Indie quotes were $128 and $162, dealer was $199! I'm going to use the dealer.

Seems like the best bet for iPhone integration is the stock BMW solution. Dealer will give me quote when I bring it in. Meanwhile using my 1 year free trial of Sirius. Any strong recommendations for other solutions? Also, does anyone else experience poor satellite reception? Where is the receiver mounted?

I plan to put wheels and an exhaust system on the car and will have more questions later.

Thanks,
Mike
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
Congrats and welcome Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtaka View Post
Any other areas to be checked or PM that should be performed?
There is a thread on common problems on the e63/64 in this forum - you'll need to use the search function to find it.

Quote:
Any strong recommendations for other solutions?
Some have used the Denison gateway (search for 'denison' to see all related threads. I used the Stock BMW Most adapter in my (then) '04 645 convertible.

Quote:
Also, does anyone else experience poor satellite reception? Where is the receiver mounted?
In the convertibles, the antenna is mounted in the trunk lid. The only issues I've had were related to trees, buildings, etc blocking the satellite signal.

There is a ton of information and a bunch of great owners here that will jump in.

Again, welcome and congrats.

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 09-23-2012, 05:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
My local dealer replaced my whole radio system after I bought my car. After 3k on BMW's wallet, it still has poor reception. The SAT antenna is in the back lid of the trunk. Their last resort was to install an exterior antenna, which does not work any better. You learn to live with it!