Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 09-23-2012, 10:17 PM
2011 Z4 3.5i M Sport

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 sDrive3.5i MSport
Comfort Access Radio Issue

I have a 2011 Z4 3.5i M Sport that I recently bought used. It has Comfort Access and premium sound, nav, iDrive, etc.

While out to dinner last night I parked the car. When I returned the Comfort Access did not work (ie. did not unlock doors when I touched the door handle) and I had to open the door using the remote.

Then as I started driving I noticed I could not get any radio stations clearly on either FM or AM. My iPhone worked fine and I could play songs off of it fine once I plugged it in - so the sound system was working. I had a 45 minute ride home and the radio could not get a clear radio station at all the entire ride home... it was like I had no antenna - or like the radio stations were so far away all I got was static and a weak signal. I convinced myself that someone had damaged my antenna.

When I got up this morning and went for a drive - everything worked fine - the Comfort Access worked fine and the radio worked fine. Same this afternoon and tonight. I tried it with both key fobs and there was no difference between the two.

Does anyone have an idea about what the problem could be?

Advertisement
Old 09-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Michael

Mein Auto: Black Sapphire BMW Z4 3L
Outside of perhaps where you parked, it does sound like an antennae problem, but I think for the different systems there are different antennae for each so perhaps this was not the cause ???

Does my bum look good in this !
Old 09-25-2012, 01:31 PM
2011 Z4 3.5i M Sport

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 sDrive3.5i MSport
My service advisor reports there are no known problems with Comfort Access that also show up with radio problems. However, he said they share the "diversity antenna" - so a problem there could be the culprit.

Stay tuned - and if anyone has had a similar problem please let us all know.