Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E36 M3 (1995-1999)

E36 M3 (1995-1999)

Old 09-08-2012, 09:29 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3 Coupe
Clean E36 M3 For Sale in Northern Virginia

I am selling my 1997 M3 coupe, silver on dove, which I purchased in March 2010 with 70k miles. This has been my summer daily driver, 50 highway miles a day to/from work, and it now has 100k miles (still driving it so miles will go up a little).

I’ve keep it in a garage and I only drive it in the summer, not a spec of rust on this car. Its been a great car but my family requires a four-door and I have other toys so I have to let it go.

The only aftermarket parts on the car are the stereo (working original comes with the car) and the flywheel (original is in good condition and comes with the car). Everything else is stock and in good working order. As you can see below, I planned to keep this car a long time so I took good care of it and kept up on maintenence.

================================================== ============

MAR10/70k miles: purchased after favorable PPI (Raleigh, NC).

MAY10/71k miles: oil/filer change + transmission (Redline MTL), differential (Redline 75W90), and brake/clutch (ATE Type 200) fluids changed. Power steering line replaced (reservoir to pump) and power steering fluid (OEM fluid) replaced. Replaced spark plugs with Bosch Platinum 4 plugs.

JUL10/75k miles: replaced cabin air filter.

OCT10/80k miles: oil/filter change.

FEB11/82k miles: New PS reservoir/filter and power steering line (rack to reservoir with cooling coil).

MAR11/83k miles: New rear OEM shocks and aftermarket rear shock mounts. All bushings in the rear, and rear brakes look great. Installed new OEM radiator, OEM water pump, and radiator hoses. Other cooling components, and everything else under the hood, looks good.

MAR11/83K miles: Installed electric cooling fan kit with lower temp switch.

MAY11/85k miles: Installed new clutch master and clutch slave.

AUG11/89k miles: Installed F1 Racing stage 2 clutch with 14.45-lb lightweight flywheel. Replaced flex disk and shifter components.

SEP11/90k miles: Replaced alternator with OEM part. Oil/filter change.

JAN12/91k miles: Installed new final stage unit (heat/AC control).

MAY12/97k miles: Installed new rear tires and replaced wipers.

MAY12/97.5k: New OEM front struts, sway bar links, passenger steering knuckle, and rear control arm bushings + alignment. Everything else checks out fine.

AUG12/100k: oil/filter change.

Below is every ‘issue’ I can think of:

The headliner dropped during hot weather this summer and the car is priced to reflect this. I can have an OEM headliner / sunroof cover professionally installed for $450.00 prior to purchase if the buy wants (cost added to price). I chose to leave it alone in case the buyer wants to go with something other than OEM.

Stone chips and scratches / dings you’d expect to find on a 15 year old vehicle that’s been driven. Overall the car looks good though, shines up nice. One shallow dent on driver’s rear quarter, roughly 1/4“ to 1/2“ in diameter, which paintless dent removal should fix. Its not real noticeable so I planned to deal with it at a later time.

Rubber window and door handle trim is starting to show its age, but its all there and no leaks. This was going to be my winter project this year.

Wheels have some curb rash but they’re straight and could be refurbished.

I’m asking $11,000.00 as is or $11,450.00 with a new OEM headliner / sunroof cover installed. I’m not in a hurry to sell, and these cars are getting harder to find in this condition, so my price is firm. The car is located in the Centreville, VA area and serious buyers are welcome to take a test drive and get a pre-purchase inspection if they’d like.

Email me at dmharvey79 (gmail) if you’re interested, have questions, or would like pictures. I’m only posting the car on enthusiast forums right now because I’d really like it to go to a good home. If it doesn’t sell in a week or two it will also be on CL, autotrader, etc.

Thanks for looking!

Advertisement
Old 09-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Mein Auto: 00 M5 DINAN S, 97 M3/4/5
Looks very clean indeed! GLWS

I own heels and a clutch pedal.

I support Central Florida BMW Owners & Fello Racing!

TWITTER/millakins | INSTAGRAM/millakins

____ NURPLE ____ M3PO ____ MCINQUE ____

Old 09-10-2012, 11:26 AM

Thanks. I had a fun drive to work in it this morning, I stopped and looked at it after I parked, and I think I might be getting cold feet when it comes to selling it.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM

Mein Auto: 00 M5 DINAN S, 97 M3/4/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmharvey View Post
Thanks. I had a fun drive to work in it this morning, I stopped and looked at it after I parked, and I think I might be getting cold feet when it comes to selling it.
I see it this way: not many clean E36 M3's left... why give one up? :P

I own heels and a clutch pedal.

I support Central Florida BMW Owners & Fello Racing!

TWITTER/millakins | INSTAGRAM/millakins

____ NURPLE ____ M3PO ____ MCINQUE ____

Old 09-25-2012, 05:34 PM

Haven't got a single hit from various BMW/M3 forums, posting it to autotrader.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hey man, I would be interested but my limit is $9k... Wanna drive it for another 20k and get back to me?
Old 04-13-2014, 12:50 AM

The vehicle sold for my asking price in September 2012. A guy flew up from Atlanta, GA to get it and he absolutely loves it. I wish I could have kept the car but my family needed a bigger vehicle.

I now have a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with the performance package. With a couple of bolt-on mods it is pushing 450HP / 500TQ. The car is huge (4500 pounds) but with 3.17 gears and AWD it does 0-60 in just over 4 seconds and it runs mid 12-second quarter miles. It handles pretty good too and I'm planning to take it to a couple of track days at Summit Point this summer.

Good luck finding the car you're looking for!

Last pic with the M3 before it sold:

The M3's replacement:
Old 04-13-2014, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Ahh nuts! Oh well, good job on not settling, the car is worth every penny! Have fun with your new car man.