Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 09-24-2012, 11:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 525i
Mechanic in Milwaukee

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to Wisc. Anyone know of a good BMW shop in the Milwaukee area? Miss my go to guy back in Houston

Thanks in advance!

2003 525i | Sterling Gray Metallic
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 AM

Mein Auto: 1999 528i E39
Yelp son!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnography View Post
Yelp son!
Looked up on Yelp. But nothing is better than the stamp of approval from my fellow e39 owners

Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
These are the generic answers:
- Where to find a good mechanic (1) (2) & how to join BMWCCA to lower parts costs & find helpful local friends (1) (2) & how to select a reputable BMW indy in your area (1) (2) & the most often recommended BMW-parts suppliers (1)
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 530xi, '01 525iT
I take my car to Kummrow Automotive in Glendale on Bender Rd. just west of Green Bay. Very nice guys over there - and very competent. They're not cheap but they're not going to screw you, and you can rest assured that the job is being done right. BMWs are their specialty, but they also work on other imports. I've also heard of guys going to Milwaukee Motorwerks out in Waukesha and liking them, but I don't have any personal experience with them. Stay away from O'Reilly. I know many guys that have gone there and gotten bent over.

Nice to see a fellow Milwaukeean on the board! Where exactly are you located?

Last edited by bschmidt25; 09-25-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschmidt25 View Post
I take my car to Kummrow Automotive in Glendale on Bender Rd. just west of Green Bay. Very nice guys over there - and very competent. They're not cheap but they're not going to screw you, and you can rest assured that the job is being done right. BMWs are their specialty, but they also work on other imports. I've also heard of guys going to Milwaukee Motorwerks out in Waukesha and liking them, but I don't have any personal experience with them. Stay away from O'Reilly. I know many guys that have gone there and gotten bent over.

Nice to see a fellow Milwaukeean on the board! Where exactly are you located?
Thanks for the places Bschmidt25!
I'm out in Waukesha and Milw Motorwerks is really close by. Will keep them in mind if I need any work done on my car.
Looking forward to the winter and it's effects on my car!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 530xi, '01 525iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndncdntxn View Post
Thanks for the places Bschmidt25!
I'm out in Waukesha and Milw Motorwerks is really close by. Will keep them in mind if I need any work done on my car.
Looking forward to the winter and it's effects on my car!
I've heard good things about them. I think you'll be in good hands. Kummrow is just down the road from me, so that's my mechanic of choice, and they've always treated me fairly. We're fortunate to have a few good indys around here.

My advice for winter... get a set of snow tires! The E39 handles winter well with them. We got off easy last winter, so I have a feeling we're going to get it this year. Usually the way it works out around here

Last edited by bschmidt25; 09-25-2012 at 10:40 PM.