Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E92 M3/E90 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
It doesn't really bother me, although I wouldn't mind if it were a tad lower.
Like I said, I didn't even notice it, but I've listened to a whole lot of small (and large) arms fire and turbine engines, so that might be a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
By your screen name are a corporate pilot. I'm a GA pilot and work for Evergreen, we're trying to sell our GIV.
Yes, I'm an aviation consultant. I do contract pilot work as well - which can get to be pretty interesting. Since I've flown sitting heads of state without hurting any of them, it qualifies me to do it again. This kind of work often gets you to some "fascinating" parts of the world.

Presently, I'm providing contract test pilot support to Gulfstream for the G450/G550 while they introduce their fabulous new G650.

Evergreen has an interesting history - sorta like Southern Air Transport. Why are they selling their G-IV? How was it used?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Like I said, I didn't even notice it, but I've listened to a whole lot of small (and large) arms fire and turbine engines, so that might be a factor.

Yes, I'm an aviation consultant. I do contract pilot work as well - which can get to be pretty interesting. Since I've flown sitting heads of state without hurting any of them, it qualifies me to do it again. This kind of work often gets you to some "fascinating" parts of the world.

Presently, I'm providing contract test pilot support to Gulfstream for the G450/G550 while they introduce their fabulous new G650.

Evergreen has an interesting history - sorta like Southern Air Transport. Why are they selling their G-IV? How was it used?

Awesome job you have. I just sold my 76 Arrow and really really miss flying since all I do now is sit behind a desk and slinging 747, 757, 737 and A320 parts.
We do have a very interesting history.

The GIV is Mr. Smith's personal ride along with the Lear. But you know, in aviation everything is for sale

Being here has some perks, when the space shuttle did the low flyover over Tucson it flew directly over us during its climb out. I heard the pilot switch to our frequency and I jumped on my handheld and had a brief 30 second conversation with him. That was damn cool.
He said thanks for maintaining their 747's over the years. We used to have a NASA maintenance contract

Last edited by jasper7821; 09-27-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 335i Sedan
I like the loud sound. It prevents me from leaving the turn signal on and annoying other drivers

2008 BMW 335i Retired
2009 BMW 535i Retired

2012 F30 335i sportline (Black Sapphire/Black Leatherette/Black High gloss trim, Technology, Sport Auto, Premium Sound, BMW Apps.)