Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 PM

Mein Auto: A4
BMW X3 - Toronto - pre-buying questions around pkgs

Hello

New to this forum, and I was hoping to get some help.

I currently own an A4 and am looking to “upgrade” to X3. We are planning to start a family soon and feel an SUV is the right way to go. We live in Toronto and have been in talks with two dealerships regarding the X3 28i engine. This car will be driven primarily by my wife who will use it for work.

My wife wants a minimum the items that are currently in her A4 – ie, keyless entry, ability for the car seat to adjust based on driver’s key, start stop button (all of these features allow he to never see her key, as she ‘bags’ it through out ***61514 + Blindspot indicator

We are interested in the premium pkg + executive pkg + drivers assistance pkg with the x28i.

Q. Can someone please confirm if the features she wants be included in the packages we have selected above?

From my side I am interested in making sure there is Bluetooth phone for her to talk wirelessly and a medium to connect our ipod for music (perhaps using iphone cables).
Q. Can someone confirm if we don’t take the tech pkg or the BMW apps pkg – will we still be able to do the above?

We are interested in the Aluminum roof rail – Q. can someone please comment if the profile on these aluminum rails are high or lower. We have seen both on the road, and our preference is to go for the lower profile (less higher than other)

Finally, the GLK seems to offer a foot/step rail with their SUV’s – do BMW just not offer it with the X3? I don’t see it as an option.

So many thanks for your help in advance!
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Great purchase plans.

I would first find out what options she likes in a list form. Go on to the BMWCA website, and the packages and their respective features are listed in detail. This way you can be guaranteed that your wife has the options she wants.

In regards to the rails, mostly cosmetic, and a MAJOR PITA when exiting the vehicle on bad weather days, as the boards collect crud, u step out, and the crud is now on your pant legs.

Good luck!

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:51 AM

Mein Auto: x3
I own a 2013 @ 2.8, also living in Toronto.

You should really do your homework and start with the bmw.ca website as different countries have various options. Most of your questions can be answered online or with a sales rep to better explain features. This is too high of a purchase for us to really comment in detail without providing the wrong information.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Last edited by slambmw; 09-27-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
+1 to slambmw's comment. You need Canadian specific information as forum members come from all corners of the globe.

I spent a little over $10k in 'options' but that was partially due to the fact that stand-alone options are not available and BMW pushes purchasers into packages.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 PM

Mein Auto: F25 x28 n52 + n20 / B8 A4
well, bluetooth is standard so you can have handsfree. I don't recall if it will handle bluetooth audio streaming. It also has a USB port standard so you could attach the ipod cable.

The aluminum rails are low profile. Honestly I didn't think there was another option (otherwise none at all). As others said.. can't comment on any other items. You will have to talk to your dealer and get him to list out all the features that go into it (packages sometimes change during the year)
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
If you go to the first thread in this forum titled "Complete Model Year 2013 X3 Pricing Here Now!!" there is an attachment on the last note in that thread with Canadian pricing and details on the packages.