Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortec4800 View Post
Oh ok, well if it's a retrofit I have no idea.

Either way the 30-pin to lightning adapter doesn't do iPod out, so that wouldn't work anyhow. I'd say try to use the normal cable.
Okay, I did it tonight and here's what I have discovered...

Indeed, the BMW apps do work with the lightning cable direct into the USB console port. However, all music is coming out of the phone and not through the car's speaker system. That is, for Web Radio and MOG. I could not get the audio to come through the speaker system at all. I wonder if I need to connect a second wire - like from the headphone jack to the vid/aux RCA jack...

For you that said BMW apps worked, did Web Radio and MOG audio come through your car speakers? Or through the phone?

Hmmmmmm... if this is how it's supposed to be due to no more iPod out, then I guess I could very well be SOL.. lol

Edit: Maybe I do need the adaptor:

BMW spokespeople made it emphatically clear that owners will still be able to listen to music, podcasts and other audio over the built-in stereo, along with accessing BMW Apps and Mini Connected features using the combination of the new Lightning adaptor fitted to the existing 30-pin connector and the duo of USB and 1/8-inch audio jack supplied by both BMW and Mini. So yes, the tunes will continue to flow, but the automaker's PlugIn feature enabling video playback while stationary and the mirrored Apple interface is officially out.

Last edited by JSY; 09-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.