Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X5, 2013 550 xi
Cannot track the vehicle any longer

Last time when I logged into my account my car was en route to US. Then apparently it was off loaded at NY 09/26. Now when I log into my account it does not show under "track my BMW" tab, rather only under financial account.
My CA has not had any information about the car as of yet. Does anybody else has the same experience?
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto: F430 Spider
Strange. When my car reached port in NY, my CA told me that he was given an estimated delivery day (October 4). My car was listed under finishing touches, which is the step before it arrives at the dealership.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittX52011 View Post
Last time when I logged into my account my car was en route to US. Then apparently it was off loaded at NY 09/26. Now when I log into my account it does not show under "track my BMW" tab, rather only under financial account.
My CA has not had any information about the car as of yet. Does anybody else has the same experience?
I forgot to mention that my car was also unloaded in NY on September 26. The ship was "Toronto."
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 550i M Sport
The tracking system may be even more messed up than usual at the moment.

I'm tracking a Mini right now--presumably the same tracking system as BMW. The phone system was a week late telling me that the car got on the ship, and then a few days later (when the car was actually in New Jersey) the phone system reverted to claiming the car was back at the port in England. The online system is worse: it claims the car is a 2009 that was delivered in 2009. Phone system still claims it's at the port in England now that it's on a truck to Minnesota.

Asking your dealer for a Vehicle Inquiry Report seems to be the only accurate way to get info.

Current: 2012 550i - Jet Black - Black Leather - M Sport
Retired: 2002 540i - Jet Black - Black Leather - M Sport
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 AM

At the moment, the BMW tracking seems pretty accurate and up to date. I literally just received a call from my dealer saying the car came into the dealership today. I checked My BMW, and it says the car is at the dealership.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5, 2013 550 xi
Great, yes my car was also on Toronto. It was ED, could this be the difference! It has to go to PCD, I don't know how long it's gonna take. Thanks for the input guys.