Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Head 2 Head - BMW M5 vs Porsche Panamera GTS

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Motor Trend's Jonny Lieberman pits the 2013 BMW M5 against the 2013 Porsche Panamera GTS in an epic super sedan showdown. The battle begins in California's Mojave desert with a classic quarter-mile drag race. Then Jonny takes both V-8 powered sports saloons up to Big Bear, California to find out which one carves up the winding mountain roads the best.
More about Head 2 Head - BMW M5 vs Porsche Panamera GTS

BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 1BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 2BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 3BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 4BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 5BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 6BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 7BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 8BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 9BMW-F10-M5-Revealed 10

Ads by Google
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
I have driven the Panny GTS and I just went to a BMW driving event at the Palm Beach Motor Speedway this weekend. After taking about 10 laps around the track in an M6 as well as equal number through the autocross I can attest that the M5/M6 is the better car of the two. I was in love with the Panny GTS until I got some serious seat time in the new M6. There is nothing like coming out of a corner in 3rd gear in the M6 and hitting 130 mph on the back straight. The new M5/M6 are amazing and I will be getting one.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
I have driven the Panny GTS and I just went to a BMW driving event at the Palm Beach Motor Speedway this weekend. After taking about 10 laps around the track in an M6 as well as equal number through the autocross I can attest that the M5/M6 is the better car of the two. I was in love with the Panny GTS until I got some serious seat time in the new M6. There is nothing like coming out of a corner in 3rd gear in the M6 and hitting 130 mph on the back straight. The new M5/M6 are amazing and I will be getting one.
M5 or M6?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Without a doubt the M5. The M6 costs more and is not that practical. With the M5 I can somewhat justify the cost.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 PM
R BEEMUU

Mein Auto: 2006 530Xi Sport Wagon
Well, that's his opinion. What if someone else drove them both? Everyone likes everything differently.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5
I have both. I personally would never take either one to a track, so track performance is of no significance to me. As a daily driver, here are the pros and cons:

M5
More power and torque
Better gadgets (HUD, album art, mobile office)
$13,000 less when comparably equipped

Panamera GTS
Better ride (air suspension)
Lower ride height with lift mechanism standard
Better exhaust sound (sport exhaust standard)
Better steering feel
More special-looking interior ( leather with alcantara, embroidered head rest, black button with chrome trim)
More useable trunk space
Better launch and wet weather performance (all wheel drive)
Much better rear leg room
Better body control (with optional PDCC)

I actually love gadgets, hence my enthusiasm for the M5. The power is also very fun when I am able to use it.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46-E92 M3s,997TT,997C4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by malteseloever View Post
I have both. I personally would never take either one to a track, so track performance is of no significance to me. As a daily driver, here are the pros and cons:

M5
More power and torque
Better gadgets (HUD, album art, mobile office)
$13,000 less when comparably equipped

Panamera GTS
Better ride (air suspension)
Lower ride height with lift mechanism standard
Better exhaust sound (sport exhaust standard)
Better steering feel
More special-looking interior ( leather with alcantara, embroidered head rest, black button with chrome trim)
More useable trunk space
Better launch and wet weather performance (all wheel drive)
Much better rear leg room
Better body control (with optional PDCC)

I actually love gadgets, hence my enthusiasm for the M5. The power is also very fun when I am able to use it.
Well said, malteseloever.

Both are great cars but the Porsche is built as a true sports sedan.
I've read several reviews comparing the M5 against Audi, MB, Porsche and it hasn't taken any first places like in the past. The thing that is against the new M5/M6 is the weight and steering....unless you are Porsche (miracles happens)