Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:28 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
The wait is really not that bad...
How long is the current wait time for a 335 if I were to put in an order next week?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 128
If I were sharing a 3 with my wife, it would have to have sport seats, sport suspension, and NO I-DRIVE.

Luckily, it will be all mine, when I order a wagon next spring, and I won't have to worry about sharing!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmo View Post
If I were sharing a 3 with my wife, it would have to have sport seats, sport suspension, and NO I-DRIVE.

Luckily, it will be all mine, when I order a wagon next spring, and I won't have to worry about sharing!
It's gonna have iDrive whether you like it or not.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 AM
1-5-3-6-2-4

Send a message via Skype™ to rtgirard
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MML007 View Post
How long is the current wait time for a 335 if I were to put in an order next week?
It will depend on your dealer and their current allocation of build slots. If they have a slot available, they can give you a production number at the time of order and let you know roughly which week the car will be built. From the time production starts, you're probably looking at 6 to 8 weeks depending on shipping schedules and volume at the port/VPC.

BMWCCA# 457109
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgirard View Post
It will depend on your dealer and their current allocation of build slots. If they have a slot available, they can give you a production number at the time of order and let you know roughly which week the car will be built. From the time production starts, you're probably looking at 6 to 8 weeks depending on shipping schedules and volume at the port/VPC.
If your dealer has any brains and knows what they're doing they will modify a current stock order that has not yet gone into production and give you a copy of the new order showing your specs and the order number before you leave the dealership. If the dealer won't do that find another dealer.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM
1-5-3-6-2-4

Send a message via Skype™ to rtgirard
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
If your dealer has any brains and knows what they're doing they will modify a current stock order that has not yet gone into production and give you a copy of the new order showing your specs and the order number before you leave the dealership. If the dealer won't do that find another dealer.
Very true. Yet, if you live in a small market your choices are limited as is the local dealer's allocation.

The bottom line is that when you go in to place your order, don't leave without a production number in hand. If the dealer can't provide that, you have to make a choice: walk, or be willing to wait for a very long time.

BMWCCA# 457109
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Apay Kapoy

Mein Auto: 13 335i 02RSX5MT 06ML350
Last night I found a BMW dealer that had close to what I wanted and I sent that to my dealer this morning to see if they could get it; he looked for it and it was gone, i also looked in the website and it was gone (must have been sold yesterday). Anyway, my CA communicated with me today and he said he found something close to what I wanted and the 335i M Sport Estoril Blue purchase fell through and is now available. I went in and test drove the Estoril Blue and it was awesome except for the color (no offense to those who have the Estoril Blue). To me it would grow old after about a year so I opted for the AW which was at VPC in Cali and should be delivered this week. The only options that were additional to my specs were 19" wheels, heated front seats and DHP.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryboysUDM View Post
Last night I found a BMW dealer that had close to what I wanted and I sent that to my dealer this morning to see if they could get it; he looked for it and it was gone, i also looked in the website and it was gone (must have been sold yesterday). Anyway, my CA communicated with me today and he said he found something close to what I wanted and the 335i M Sport Estoril Blue purchase fell through and is now available. I went in and test drove the Estoril Blue and it was awesome except for the color (no offense to those who have the Estoril Blue). To me it would grow old after about a year so I opted for the AW which was at VPC in Cali and should be delivered this week. The only options that were additional to my specs were 19" wheels, heated front seats and DHP.
EB2 is sexy. Where was the car and what specs did it have? also, what was the msrp on it? and where was it located? maybe it fits my build
Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 AM

Mein Auto: G37S Coupe /13 BMW 335i M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
The wait is really not that bad...
+1
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Apay Kapoy

Mein Auto: 13 335i 02RSX5MT 06ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
EB2 is sexy. Where was the car and what specs did it have? also, what was the msrp on it? and where was it located? maybe it fits my build
0337, ZPP, ZDH, ZTP, 2TB; MSRP 55970; Oxnard VPC.