Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM
ZHP = Patlabor

Mein Auto: Mini Clubmn,Odyssey,Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
Fair enough. I have to say however my experience with it was the opposite. i felt the car was more planted at a spirited speed because it absorbs the bumps better.

But then again that is why you need to test drive the performance options to see if they are worth it to you.
I think the best way to explain it is this way, I know I'm going faster and the suspension tries to intervene to make it safer and controllable for the driver. However, there is a limit to the compensation algorithm and when it is exceeded by too many variables it does it's best. The main detraction to the DH is that it tries to appease every condition by compromises so when you go to the higher limits beyond what it can accommodate, then it's deficiencies are exposed. I'm sure their algorithm can be tweaked more to compensate these limits but it's definitely not exposed with the current allowable settings. If they could settle the suspension about 1/2 a second faster I think that would help lots, plus add more road feel when the tires start to give and slide. With the DH, it was hard to predict when the slide would occur so driver input for steering, accel or brake was hard to apply.