Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 12:33 PM

Mein Auto: e30
88 325i purchase questions - suspension rebuild

Hi all -
New to the forums and looking to purchase an e30 convertible. My current daily driver is an 88 Suzuki Samurai, which is a bit like driving a tank. great for snow and mud but not much else. I contacted this gentleman today about his car (http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3308382676.html) and am going to look it over tonight. I don't think I'll be able to have a mechanic go over it before purchasing. The seller says that, in addition to the issues listed in the ad, the suspension probably needs sorting out. from what i've seen, suspension kits for these go for around $800.

I feel reasonably handy with most normal maintenance tasks (oil, brakes, filters, electrical wiring, etc.) but haven't messed with this type of stuff before. Is it doable? Is the car a good deal? Any feedback would be appreciated. The seller seems to be a bit of an enthusiast so I don't think it's a ripoff but I am definitely just getting my feet wet in the world of e30s. thanks in advance.
Advertisement