Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: MY13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
I will try to prepare a residual matrix if I can get caught up answering quote request emails.

Lease Money Factors are deemed "confidential" (buy rate), so I can't post those.

While I would love to help everyone out, please don't email me solely to ask what the
money factory/residual on a particular vehicle is. I've been hammered with these questions today,
and that is not really what I am here for. I have my own customers who are counting on
me to get back to them in a timely manner, which I cannot do if I am shagging endless
requests for confidential information.

Those who have been proactive in researching money factors are allowed to post them here in this thread.

I just can't do it (for obvious reasons)...

Thanks for your consideration.
No way...you too Sorry, i gave up after the 15th email...Im calling it quits for the day

BTW, the emails that came in with just one line and starts with ..."hey, what is the MF/Residual for Oct"...I send it all to the delete box ...Sorry plz forgive

1139 W Main St Alhambra, CA 91081

(800) 286-4269 Main Office
(626) 570-8444 ext. 4675

Click here to email me!

Last edited by Justin@NCBMW; 10-02-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@NCBMW View Post
No way...you too Sorry, i gave up after the 15th email...Im calling it quits for the day

BTW, the emails that came in with just one line and starts with ..."hey, what is the MF/Residual for Oct"...I send it all to the delete box ...Sorry plz forgive
Well, this should help: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...37&postcount=1

If enough people request, I'll prepare one for MY2012...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistein View Post
Sorry man, was just posting a general question...."Ride With G" website posts a monthly update so it doesn't look like it's that confidential....was just wondering what happened to that monthly sticky by some company...
Well, since you asked, "that company" got sued and a "Cease & Desist Order" now precludes them (Lease Compare) from posting them now.. Just because "Ride with G" is getting away with it for now doesn't mean they'll be doing it forever.
If it was legal to be posted, the lease money factors surely would be posted here as I used to do for many years (before you joined Bimmerfest) until they cracked down on us...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
Tooting my own horn - but late last year, there was a time when the difference between a 528 and Hybrid 750 was about $25/month - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=584523

We may be heading to that region with the ActiveHybrid 3 and 5. $2000 more in credits for the hybrid, and a few end of year support programs, will be all that is needed. One big thing in favor of a deal is that the LCI for the F10 5 series is due in 2014? This makes the 2013 ripe for deals. A further bump in residuals can't hurt either.
Hmmm.. I'll be watching for a thread from you on lease deal of the year! Please keep me in the loop, still kicking myself for missing the AH F01
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
So, no option credits for this month (2012s and 2013s)? Any trunk money for the dealers?

BMW is not too concerned being left in the dust by MB??
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post
So, no option credits for this month (2012s and 2013s)? Any trunk money for the dealers?

Seemingly not worried for now..

All of the extra incentives are based on sales performance awarded to Sales Department personnel...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
a little birdie may have implied to me that MFs dropped by 0.00010.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 10-02-2012, 08:15 PM

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace535i View Post

Ace535i - I'm with you, disappointed given the hype talk about the Oct incentives. I mean other than the activhybrids and 7 series M package - there is nothing ! Everything I'm reading
says BMW is locked in battle with MB for units, so this is puzzling. All I know is I'm passing on Oct - it's a dud!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Mein Auto: I'm still dreaming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Ace535i - I'm with you, disappointed given the hype talk about the Oct incentives. I mean other than the activhybrids and 7 series M package - there is nothing ! Everything I'm reading
says BMW is locked in battle with MB for units, so this is puzzling. All I know is I'm passing on Oct - it's a dud!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
There are unprecedented direct incentives based on volume for CAs and Sales Managers. This extra motivation to take the skinnier deals is there. In other words, there is more to the picture than meets the eye. Consumer incentives are just one prong of the attack so to speak. Hold out if you want. Inventories are great, incentives are strong. Wait if you want...

Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 PM

Jon,

Understand what your saying- but the customer incentives are important from the buyer perspective when trying to time the purchase - especially when in my case it's buying not leasing. Bottom line is I am interested in a 650 coupe and BMW has nothing for me this month ( I don't qualify for the $750)
Old 10-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Jon,

Understand what your saying- but the customer incentives are important from the buyer perspective when trying to time the purchase - especially when in my case it's buying not leasing. Bottom line is I am interested in a 650 coupe and BMW has nothing for me this month ( I don't qualify for the $750)

Depending on where you live, you have huge dealer discounts possibly..

You also have lease money factors as low as they go. A decade ago buyers would have died and gone to heaven to get rates like this.

I hear what you are saying but if you look at history, there has never been a better time to buy a car like this. Dealers would have never taken deals like these, rates would have been way higher, and "incentives" on BMWs? They never really existed until the post-9/11 world.

What vehicle are you comparing it against? The 650 coupe is a high-performance low-production-volume model.

Why does everyone now expect domestic-car-type incentives on premium European automobiles nowadays?

I mean no disrespect, I guess buyers are being trained. But you have to keep things in historical perspective, and more importantly supply:demand. If we see a repeat of the pre-election crash of 2008, maybe we'll see trunk money on 2013s before the end of 2012? That sounds crazy in and of itself. Trunk money was invented to help dealers clear out last year's model... I am all for great deals, seriously. Keep in mind you are buying a BMW and not a deal. How far do you want to see the product devalued? They could raise the price and then offer trunk money.

All joking aside, I hear what you are saying. Personally I can't see how if somebody really wanted to buy one, that not having an "incentive" would keep them from buying?

Can these cars not sell without artificial stimulation?

Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Why does everyone now expect domestic-car incentives on premium cars?
Folks often also are short sighted in not realizing that continued incentives equate to lower resale and brand devaluation. This is also bad for leasing, since it pushes down residuals. Pay now or pay later.

As long as BMW can run at profitable production, and the cost of ownership is a constant, wouldn't it be better to have the cache of a premium product that is able to command a higher price, with excellent resale? For BMW as well as customers?

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 10-02-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 PM

Mein Auto: 98 M Roadster
Hi Jon --

Wondering if you can tell us if the incentives to dealers are to hit monthly objectives or quarterly objectives (or both)?

In the market to buy an X5d, have an Olympic credit that's expiring in my bucket of incentives and wondering if it makes more sense to lock in something in before the end of the month or wait it out until the end of the year.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxnBluDvl View Post
Hi Jon --

Wondering if you can tell us if the incentives to dealers are to hit monthly objectives or quarterly objectives (or both)?

In the market to buy an X5d, have an Olympic credit that's expiring in my bucket of incentives and wondering if it makes more sense to lock in something in before the end of the month or wait it out until the end of the year.
Right now all of the money is on our current October sales objectives.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
I appreciate Jons, commitment to educating us on lease incentives and etc. Honestly what other dealer is willing to carefully give us information that might help us make an educated purchase. That being said, I was looking for some purchase incentives to combo with the team usa credit. But im guessing im gonna have to wait it out. However the AH credit is remarkable.

Again, thanks Jon for the info, hope to see the same for every month!

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
I appreciate Jons, commitment to educating us on lease incentives and etc. Honestly what other dealer is willing to carefully give us information that might help us make an educated purchase. That being said, I was looking for some purchase incentives to combo with the team usa credit. But im guessing im gonna have to wait it out. However the AH credit is remarkable.

Again, thanks Jon for the info, hope to see the same for every month!
My pleasure as always..

Are you still interested in X5?

Old 10-03-2012, 05:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 ZCP
Hello!

Thanks for posting all of the information, this board is a wealth of knowledge! Some questions:

1.) How does the 39 month lease work in terms of mileage. If I go with a 10k/39 mo lease, how many miles am I actually given? Still only 30k? Or is there an "allowance" for the extra three months?

2.) Can the BMW ultimate drive app credit be used in conjunction with ED? What if I am using an out of state board sponsor? Can I still receive the credit?

3.) if I intend to take delivery in December, I imagine that now would be the best time to lock rates in, yes?

Thanks again
Old 10-03-2012, 05:20 AM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:

... Personally I can't see how if somebody really wanted to buy one, that not having an "incentive" would keep them from buying?
+1

Last edited by miamiboyca; 10-03-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 AM

Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzutel View Post
Hello!

Thanks for posting all of the information, this board is a wealth of knowledge! Some questions:

1.) How does the 39 month lease work in terms of mileage. If I go with a 10k/39 mo lease, how many miles am I actually given? Still only 30k? Or is there an "allowance" for the extra three months?

2.) Can the BMW ultimate drive app credit be used in conjunction with ED? What if I am using an out of state board sponsor? Can I still receive the credit?

3.) if I intend to take delivery in December, I imagine that now would be the best time to lock rates in, yes?

Thanks again

1 - You get 3 months worth of miles, so on a 10K lease you get 32,500

2 - I can't speak to the ED credit, but you can buy from anyone you want. i am buying from California and registering in Miami. All incentives still apply.

3 - Getting qualified now allows you to take advantage of October reates, but unless you use a CA dealership - the rates only lock in for 60 days so you would need to keep that in mind. (i.e Oct 3 - take delivery by Dec 3) unless west coast dealer.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Depending on where you live, you have huge dealer discounts possibly..

You also have lease money factors as low as they go. A decade ago buyers would have died and gone to heaven to get rates like this.

I hear what you are saying but if you look at history, there has never been a better time to buy a car like this. Dealers would have never taken deals like these, rates would have been way higher, and "incentives" on BMWs? They never really existed until the post-9/11 world.

What vehicle are you comparing it against? The 650 coupe is a high-performance low-production-volume model.

Why does everyone now expect domestic-car-type incentives on premium European automobiles nowadays?

I mean no disrespect, I guess buyers are being trained. But you have to keep things in historical perspective, and more importantly supply:demand. If we see a repeat of the pre-election crash of 2008, maybe we'll see trunk money on 2013s before the end of 2012? That sounds crazy in and of itself. Trunk money was invented to help dealers clear out last year's model... I am all for great deals, seriously. Keep in mind you are buying a BMW and not a deal. How far do you want to see the product devalued? They could raise the price and then offer trunk money.

All joking aside, I hear what you are saying. Personally I can't see how if somebody really wanted to buy one, that not having an "incentive" would keep them from buying?

Can these cars not sell without artificial stimulation?

I started looking at a MB 550 coupe, which is still on my short list. The 650 is certainly a step up, but of course it should be for $25K more. Again lease factors are not a consideration as I am looking at a purchase. And fact is we are in the post 9/11 world, and all Mfgs have consumer incentives to some degree. I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with wanting a BMW AND a deal. Fact is as much as I like the 650, it is overpriced, with features like blind spot/lane departure a option which are standard on cars half the price. and LED's which should be standard on their halo car. Frankly the only way I will go for the 650 is with decent incentives/discounts. And frankly after doing some research, the 6 series has historically had big time depreciation, this even before BMW began customer end incentives - so it would seem logical to get it at the lowest price possible. We all know BMW makes huge profit margins on the upper end 6/7 series. And I understand it's not a domestic - but again a $2000 incentive in a $90,000 BMW is not in the same ballpark as $2000 off a $25,000 Ford or Chevy. BMW won't even feel it.

Bottom line from my point of view - BMW offered $2500 incentive last Dec on the 6er, when it was a brand new model, and can't imagine they won't do something similar this year, given it's now in it's second year, competition with MB, and European market crashing. I'll wait a bit longer ( would like the updated Idrive as well which for some bizarre reason is now in the 5 & 7 series but they skipped the 6) I do appreciate your insight. And in my case - no, it won't sell without some stimulation. And I would think dealers would love the incentives, BMW is funding them and you would get more sales - lobby Munich!!

Last edited by mrjoed2; 10-03-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
I started looking at a MB 550 coupe, which is still on my short list. The 650 is certainly a step up, but of course it should be for $25K more. Again lease factors are not a consideration as I am looking at a purchase. And fact is we are in the post 9/11 world, and all Mfgs have consumer incentives to some degree. I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with wanting a BMW AND a deal. Fact is as much as I like the 650, it is overpriced, with features like blind spot/lane departure a option which are standard on cars half the price. and LED's which should be standard on their halo car. Frankly the only way I will go for the 650 is with decent incentives/discounts. And frankly after doing some research, the 6 series has historically had big time depreciation, this even before BMW began customer end incentives - so it would seem logical to get it at the lowest price possible. We all know BMW makes huge profit margins on the upper end 6/7 series. And I understand it's not a domestic - but again a $2000 incentive in a $90,000 BMW is not in the same ballpark as $2000 off a $25,000 Ford or Chevy. BMW won't even feel it.

Bottom line from my point of view - BMW offered $2500 incentive last Dec on the 6er, when it was a brand new model, and can't imagine they won't do something similar this year, given it's now in it's second year, competition with MB, and European market crashing. I'll wait a bit longer ( would like the updated Idrive as well which for some bizarre reason is now in the 5 & 7 series but they skipped the 6) I do appreciate your insight. And in my case - no, it won't sell without some stimulation. And I would think dealers would love the incentives, BMW is funding them and you would get more sales - lobby Munich!!

Just between you and me, I hope (1) BMW comes with stronger incentives, and (2) you end up getting one.

I am all for buyers getting the best deal possible; incentives do, as a matter of fact, make my job easier...

Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Mein Auto: Acura
Jon, I do want to thank you and all on this forum for the wealth of information. I've been considering a BMW for a while but got down to serious research in the last two to three months and placed an order a few weeks back. While relatively new to BMW pricing, discounts, negotiations, from a BMW perspective, I can appreciate why they would give dealer incentives rather than customer incentives for Oct - a) many like me who've ordered and signed up for a car but haven't taken delivery would have got those Oct benefits. This might have been suboptimal so early in the model year b) I've always felt a bit concerned that I could not get discounts that others could get for a multitude of reasons - USAA, graduate, loyalty, drive events, BMW App etc. This levels the playing field a bit.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Wow, from what I see not a big deal for Oct incentives, certainly not for the 6 coupe. I'll sit tight until BMW gets serious...............
Same here. I expect a little something special with November and December deals. BMW does not want to lose the sales crown to MB. I personally am shopping BMW against MB and will buy whichever makes the most sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistein View Post
Sorry man, was just posting a general question...."Ride With G" website posts a monthly update so it doesn't look like it's that confidential....was just wondering what happened to that monthly sticky by some company...
I suspect Ride with G will continue to get away with postings for the time being. Leasecompare got away with it for a good 5 plus years before they got sued.

Quote:
My pleasure as always..

Are you still interested in X5?
I am....drove an x5M...really like it.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 AM

VK2,

Keep in mind USAA allows pretty much all BMW customer incentives to be added to to their program discount.(As long as you don't finance through BMWUSA) In my case USAA discount for a '13 650 coupe is already around $13K and will increase as model year marches on. If BMW brings back a incentive later this year like last years "mission to drive" for $2500 off, it will be sweet.

Last edited by mrjoed2; 10-03-2012 at 09:39 AM.