Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 09-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by permesso View Post
I haven't done the taxi before but someone else noted around 60 euros to their hotel earlier in the thread. I did just research the train and there is a 20 euro "partner" airport-city day ticket with which up to 5 people can travel all day (unlimited) on the MVV network. More info here:

http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/ticket...ket/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by irianjim View Post
We took the train to our hotel on Sunday. It is easy. Take the S1 or S8 to the city center from the airport. You can transfer to the underground train to Olympia Park, where the welt is. Only 20 euros for five or less people.
Very Easy. Also, when you come out of baggage claim you'll see a ticket machine on your right while still in the terminal and following the signs for the train. This machine took our US credit card without a hiccup. There are also ticket machines on the platform at the train. There's also an ATM (Geldautomat) a little bit down on the right just after you exit the baggage claim area - it was hard to spot.

The tickets come out of the machine prevalidated for the day of purchase, so there is no need to have them punched in the validation machine on the platform - indeed they don't fit, and we watched dozens of people trying.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Fire Orange BMW M3
Rolf picked my wife and I up on June 30th when we were on vacation (no ED, but I did rent a Z4 from BMW Welt BMW on Demand). I hope he's well! If anyone hears more about how he's doing, please share with the rest of us.

Rob
2010 M3/Melbourne Red, Fox Red Extended, Premium Package, Technology Package
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
When i flu in in August, he was a no-show. He called the next day to say he had a major health problem..
I hope he's well.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 AM

Mein Auto: X5
Our pick-up was on 9/19. Rolf did not respond to emails that I sent a few days before to confirm. I booked him in July. I called his cell from the airport and a woman answered. She did not speak English but mentioned his name. So I am concerned for his health. We walked a few hundred feet from where we were supposed to meet him (in front of Edeka at Terminal 2) and got a cab to the front door of the Welt for 56 Euro. When we dropped the car off this past weekend we bought the 20 Euro train ticket to get to Munich and back to the airport. We stayed at the Kempinski Airport Hotel the last 2 nights of our visit. The entrance to the Kempinski is across from and down a hundred yards from the airport drop-off location. Since it was Oktoberfest the trains were very crowded They should not be crowded though if you get on at the Airport. Don't know how close the train stops to the Welt or whether you would have to change trains. Both S1 and S8 take you to the Center of Munich.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
(formerly SD 335is)

Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
I'm sorry to hear that Rolf has a major health problem and I hope that he recovers soon.

During our ED In May last year my wife and I were impressed when we found Rolf waiting for us with his scooter, which is apparently what he uses to get around the airport. He seemed to be in good health and good shape then, lifting our bags onto his cart and loading and unloading them from his car.

Here's a picture of Rolf goofing around in the lobby of the Munich Marriott. I asked him to pose with me for a picture and he grabbed the sign from the concierge desk at the last minute:

Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!

Last edited by SD Z4MR; 10-03-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Mein Auto: 06 650i, 08 MINI ClubmanS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe View Post
When i flu in in August, he was a no-show. He called the next day to say he had a major health problem..
I hope he's well.
I hope Rolf will get well soon...he is the MAN when we went pickup last year...
2008 Cooper S Clubman (Sold)
2006 650i (sold)
2011 535i M-Sport (ED September 17th, 2011,redeliver on 11/15/2011, sold)
2011 Z4 SDrive35is (ED September 17th, 2011, redeliver on 11/9/2011, Lease return on September 2013)
2013 M3 (ED pickup April 23rd, 2013, redeliver on 6/28/2013)
BMWCCA: 359118
Old 10-03-2012, 03:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550 Msport
I actually just spoke with Rolf on the phone today. He is in the hospital and told me that he is in very bad health and that he is lucky to be alive. Im not sure exactly what kind of problems he is facing but it doesn't sound good. I hope he gets well soon. He said that he will be unavailable for at least the next 3 weeks maybe more, but that Peter is still available to provide transfer service.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: Honda Ridgeline
I'm very sorry to hear this. Rolf picked my wife and I up from the airport on September 2nd and he provided an amazing amount of information, including a map of Munich, where to go, where to park, what to eat, how to use the subway, etc. I hope he gets well fast.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 PM

Mein Auto: '12 328xi, '11 135i
Would flowers (blumen) be appropriate?
If so, I googled "blumen muenchen" and found this http://www.euroflorist.de/?gclid=CJO...FShxQgodB34A3g
They take paypal.
Anyone know which krankenhaus and room number?
Old 10-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Can has cheezburger

Mein Auto: 550 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sno_duc View Post
Would flowers (blumen) be appropriate?
If so, I googled "blumen muenchen" and found this http://www.euroflorist.de/?gclid=CJO...FShxQgodB34A3g
They take paypal.
Anyone know which krankenhaus and room number?
If you figure this out, please share the information here.

I would also get him something. He is a wonderful man.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: A big grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieKnight View Post
If you figure this out, please share the information here.

I would also get him something. He is a wonderful man.
Amen.
Godspeed Rolf.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
I just received an email from one of my clients who wanted to share this unfortunate news about Rolf. I see that a thread has already been started..

Rolf is a genuine/official Bimmerfest institution. I will pray that there will be a positive outcome...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"