Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM

Mein Auto: 750li
Drive control message

7ers
Before some you get pissed or angry at me thinking that I didn't search the forums for this problem, I did and couldn't find anything that helped me. I got this problem drive control drive moderately 3 days ago and the sign hasn't gone away since and after restarting car few times in the past few days as some people got the message to go away after they restart the car. I can't turn the dtc control on and today my car was spinning it's wheels quite easily in the rain and the traction control wasn't kicking on. Any idea what this can be guys? And what the fix might be in your opinion if you had a similar issue? I have a 06 with 59k miles. And maintained and driven with lots of care.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by becool; 10-03-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM

Does anyone have an answer or suggestion?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by becool View Post
7ers
Before some you get pissed or angry at me thinking that I didn't search the forums for this problem, I did and couldn't find anything that helped me. I got this problem drive control drive moderately 3 days ago and the sign hasn't gone away since and after restarting car few times in the past few days as some people got the message to go away after they restart the car. I can't turn the dtc control on and today my car was spinning it's wheels quite easily in the rain and the traction control wasn't kicking on. Any idea what this can be guys? And what the fix might be in your opinion if you had a similar issue? I have a 06 with 59k miles. And maintained and driven with lots of care.
Thanks in advance.
what is the exact error message? Depending on what it is, it could be anything from a bad module to a bad wheel speed sensor to something that just needs resetting!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 PM

Drive control drive moderately is the message
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 PM

Mein Auto: 02 745li
Dsc module replaced? Fixed my message.
combination nu
Ball Joint
Tension strut with hydr
Switch unit steering column
Coils 5&7 and new spark plugs
Faulty DSC Control Module
Fuel Gauge
Leaking Crank Case Vent Valves
Power Steering pump, washer pump and grommont,
Crank Shaft position sensor
Total $13,481.37 in one year my mechanic swears all these parts are re engineered to work better than the originals lol
Old 10-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 BMW 745i, 06 BMW 750Li
You have to run diagnostics