Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
z-mobile

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
Option to connect Android device to play music

I just bought a '06 650i that has the ipod integration in glove box. I don't use Apple, and am trying to figure out best / easiest option to connect my galaxy sII via:
1. ipod cable in glove box or
2. stream google music / pandora directly? (I don't have Aux input either.)

I've searched high and low, but am getting a little confused with what will actually work. Plus some options are 2+ years old. I'd ideally like to connect via bluetooth, if at all possible?

Thanks for the insight....
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
First of all, you cannot stream music with the BMW system, the only way would be to add an aftermarket device. Unfortunately, since the majority of these devices require you to attach the audio streaming receiver to the Aux In of your vehicle you are out of luck! There are options such as Dension that you can add in place of the CD Changer (if you have one?) but it is pricey at $500 or over.

The simplest method which is a bluetooth streaming receiver via Aux In run anywhere from $20 on ebay to $50 on Amazon.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...highlight=a2dp

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ight=streaming

Here is some info for you to read about adding Aux In to your car:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...02&postcount=8
Old 10-03-2012, 05:01 PM

Mein Auto: bmw e63
Nice to ear from you Mark!! I dont read something from you in a time...I hope you are fine...
Old 10-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertoxikitin View Post
Nice to ear from you Mark!! I dont read something from you in a time...I hope you are fine...
Great my man! Just been busy, hope all is well in Spain rolling with your sweet ride.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
z-mobile

Mein Auto: 2006 650i
Thanks, that is what I kinda assumed, but wanted to check. Looks like i'll have to look into getting an "aux in" put in my car next spring once she is out of storage for the winter.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Mein Auto: 650i Convertible
Since the dealer told me my car wasn't enabled for using the iPod integration kit, I went ahead and bought one of those gizmos that plug into the cigarette lighter port and transmits the music via FM. It's from a company called Gogroove, cost $30 and works pretty well.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i
I also have a 2006 650i. I bought a monster cable, plugged it in the glove box and the other end in my earphone hole in my EVO and it worked. You have to just put your car on AUX mode and it will work.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realism View Post
I also have a 2006 650i. I bought a monster cable, plugged it in the glove box and the other end in my earphone hole in my EVO and it worked. You have to just put your car on AUX mode and it will work.
Someone added the Aux In kit to your car before you bought it. The 2006 did not come with the Aux In, it started in the 2007. With the factory installed Aux started in 2007 it is in the center armrest, the retrofit kit like yours is installed in the Glove Box. The OP does not have a auxiliary in connector unfortunately.