Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
SECDEF

Mein Auto: 2009 328xi Montego Blue
My first ED trip report (tons of photos) September 2012

This is my trip report for my first ever European Delivery. It was also the first time my friend and I have been to Europe. This forum is what had got me interested in having this experience. I have been researching this trip for almost a year. I want to thank everyone who contributed information to me on these forums that made my two week European trip an amazing experience. The input I received from this forum made the trip go extremely smooth. I am posting this report in hopes it may help someone else that is considering doing European delivery. Two words of advice for anyone considering doing European delivery - DO IT!

As far as camera equipment, we brought my Canon 60D DSLR with 18-135 mm Canon lens, a Samsung point and shoot, and our iPhone 4S's.

My car I took delivery of was a 2013 328xi Sports Line, Melbourne Red Metallic, Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight, Anthracite wood trim w/ highlight trim finishers in pearl gloss chrome, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Sports automatic transmission w/ paddle shifters, Rear view camera, Park distance control, Auto high beams, and Harman Kardon surround sound system. I currently have a 2009 328xi in Montego Blue. This will be my 4th BMW.

Sunday September 9

Depart PIT 1345 USAir 1169 (Airbus A319)
Arrive CLT 1512

This was our carry on and checked luggage. We each also had a backpack. All bags were stuffed beyond capacity. We wondered how we could possibly bring anything back we bought. We ended up buying another suitcase in Vienna. Next time we wont be the typical crazy American tourist and pack a bit lighter.

I love flying through Charlotte. Its a nice airport, and we had time to grab a Jamba Juice and a burger at Bad Daddy's.

Depart CLT 1710 Lufthansa 429 (Airbus A340-600)

Lufthansa was an amazing airline. Service was excellent. Food was good and plentiful, free unlimited drinks (which we took advantage of), touch screen entertainment system at each seat in economy class. We took advantage of the Lufthansa-BMW discount which saved us a couple hundred dollars.

Monday September 10

Arrive MUC 0750

Cleared customs and met Peter after baggage claim. Peter drove us to BMW Niederlassung which is a corporate owned BMW dealership where he walked across the street to ADAC (German auto club) to purchase vignettes for the car. Peter then drove us to change our dollars to euros at the main train station. He then drove us to check in at:

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich
Maximilianstr. 17 Munich, 80539, BY, Germany
(hotel has free wi-fi and valet parking in a secure garage and they will let you keep your key)

Peter picking us up at MUC.

Allianz Arena

First time on a German Autobahn. Peter explained the traffic laws and signs to us.

BMW Niederlassung