Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Mr_Bimmer

Send a message via AIM to BimmerBro Send a message via Yahoo to BimmerBro
Mein Auto: 2001 Bmw 740i
mysterious battery drain?

I recently had to purchase a new battery and I'm experiencing a overnight drain. (the old one was just bad) I remember when I first got the car, leaving the cellphone connected would pull on the battery overnight. But I haven't had the phone connected in months. I had my alternator tested and found out it was faulty. It's been replaced. I don't drive this one every day, but may twice a week. Anyone know what else could be draining a perfectly new battery leaving the car a few days in the garage?

thanks
Ads by Google