Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmareuki View Post
most stupid thing ever
how so?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3, 1997 Chevy truck,
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Before you go investing in a oil extractor if you decide to, do a search on BMW dealers that run specials in your area on oil and filter changes. got mine changed for $59.95 and they even fill all the fluids and give you a safety check for the same price. Good luck
cheers
vern
hi, Vern. the lowest price i can remember is $99.99 with a coupon from the dealer where i bought the car. the independent shop charges $109.00 (more or less - can't remember exactly).
Old 10-05-2012, 01:53 PM

Mein Auto: A Gamma Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by noego View Post
hi, Vern. the lowest price i can remember is $99.99 with a coupon from the dealer where i bought the car. the independent shop charges $109.00 (more or less - can't remember exactly).
If I remember correctly I paid $70.00 just for 7 qts of oil and a filter. I do all my own oil changes and actually find it an enjoyable, zen thing to do. But as I said before I have a shop and an easy way to dispose of the oil. If I had nowhere to do it but a parking lot or the street I'd take it to the dealer or other trusted tech every time.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:56 PM

Mein Auto: E39 ///M5
I did my oil change on my e46 this morning using the extractor, no issues as usual.

Paid <$60 for 7 qt of bmw oil and $5 for filter.
Tuning Tech Tune by Frank Smith (http://www.tuningtechfs.com/)
TTFS IAT Kit
TTFS Alpha N
Supersprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

2006 X3 3.0i M-Sport | Silver Grey | Terracotta | AT | Navigation | Premium Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | AFE |