Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Audi gained share on German rivals BMW and MB in September

Audi gained share on German rivals BMW and MB in September

Another month, another gain in market share for Audi of America against BMW and Mercedes-Benz, the brand's main rivals in the U.S. market.

While Audi sales ballooned by 27 percent in the month to a record for September, 12,302 units, Mercedes-Benz brand sales grew by just 7 percent, though also a record, and BMW brand sales were flat.

"Our newly expanded lineup of S-model performance cars is delivering strong immediate results," Mark Del Rosso, Chief Operating Officer for Audi of America, said in a press release. "This fact, along with increasing demand for our refreshed core models, bodes well for record sales results by year-end and more gains into 2013.

Among September sales highlights for Audi:
  • Several Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20 percent or more: A3, A5, A6, A8 and Q7.
  • Sales of the new Audi A6, introduced in summer of 2011, advanced by 84 percent this September over a year ago.
  • Clean-diesel TDI models comprised 55 percent of the sales of A3 and 32 percent of Q7 sales.
  • Premium-category vehicles A8, A7, A6 and Q7 comprised 36 percent of the overall September demand.

Last edited by tim330i; 10-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisement