Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The future is now! The all new 6 series coupe (F12) and convertible (F13) details are out and dealers are taking orders. Still no word on when the 4 door Gran Coupe will go into production.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: X6 50i
iPod Out Question

I just bought an iPod to use in my new 650i. I picked up the current iPod 4th gen model, not the recently announced new one, because it is capable of outputting analog video onto the car's video screen. In particular, I'm interested in getting the Apple iPod interface to show up on the screen instead of the BMW interface. Any ideas on how to do it? Also, I can't seem to get Pandora to display in my BMW Apps list. Here's a link to a video on iPod out.

And here's a screenshot.

2014 BMW 650i xDrive Coupe, Black Sapphire Metallic/Black Leather/Aluminum Trim, M Sport Edition with 373M 20" Wheels, Executive Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Cold Weather Package, Adaptive Drive, Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Ads by Google
Old 09-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
I can't be of too much assistance as I'm boycotting the cradle (jk - but I nevertheless haven't paid for the cradle). I think you have to use an iPhone for BMW Apps docked to the cradle (not the white USB cable) in order to get things like iPod Plugin (i.e. iPod interface) and video. Not sure if that's helpful or not... Sorry.

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/
Old 09-18-2012, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
Two things:

1) You need the cradle to get the iPod out interface. Don't know why they show the USB cable in the video

2) Third party apps, i.e. MOG, Pandora, Stitcher, etc. will not show up on the Apps list. This is a huge complaint among people who ordered BMW Apps. You have to physically switch them on the phone. So far, the list will only have what BMW built into the Connected Drive App.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 650i Convertible
I just picked up the cradle - something I always wanted to try out. That screenshot you posted is misleading, not at a fault of yours. You cannot get split screen with the iPod out / plug-in feature. That screen shot was when it was a concept. The rumor is, Apple didn't want to share their UI screen with any of BMWs UI screens so they canned the split screen feature when using iPod out.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto: X6 50i
I tried out the cradle a couple of weeks ago; it doesn't fit the iPod Touch. But when I hooked up my iPhone, I wasn't happy about the lack of a split screen. And I found the interface to be pretty laggy.
2014 BMW 650i xDrive Coupe, Black Sapphire Metallic/Black Leather/Aluminum Trim, M Sport Edition with 373M 20" Wheels, Executive Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Cold Weather Package, Adaptive Drive, Bang & Olufsen Sound System