Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:51 PM

Mein Auto: X3 & X5
Blood on Roof Liner

Need help here... I was taking by dad to lunch today and he had a cut on his hand, when he grabbed the handle on the passanger side and got some blook on the beige roof liner. Does anyonehave any suggestions on how to clean it. I have not done anything not wanting the stain to set.

I do have the 3M package if that make a differnece.

Thanks,
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
I would first wipe with cold water, then with non-bleach laundry detergent. I am a judo player and I get blood on my uniform all the time. Don't use hot water. Protein stains, like grass or blood, attach to surface when heated.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
Where is Dexter when you need him?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
I have had good luck with those Mr Clean "eraser" blocks for similar stains resulting from Grandkids. Don't use hot water however! Now if you had a nice leather headliner......
Old 10-06-2012, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: Boxster S; '13 X3 AW/CHT
None of the above. Just use store bought hydrogen peroxide liquid directly on the blood stain. Takes the blood out immediately.

Learned that from my vet which had it on hand when I took my chocolate lab dog in for a cut in his ear after he was bitten by accident by another dog during play. My dog shook his head, sending blood everywhere and all over my clothes. A bit of hydrogen peroxide and it was gone.

2010 Porsche Boxster S (Mine)
Old 10-06-2012, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
That is a bleach (think - "bottle blonde") so I would be very careful with putting that on the headliner.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: Boxster S; '13 X3 AW/CHT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
That is a bleach (think - "bottle blonde") so I would be very careful with putting that on the headliner.
Good point to try it first in an inconspicuous area, perhaps under floor mats etc. For the record, the peroxide did not do anything to my kaki colored shorts or the green cotton polo shirt I was wearing. True clorox type bleach would have bleach the fabric from kaki and green to white. But best to test first.

2010 Porsche Boxster S (Mine)
Old 10-06-2012, 07:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Spot shot works great on things like that and should be safe to use on the headliner.