Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Why don't you answer the question? Truth hurts, doesnt' it?
Because his N20 had some defects and he got some credit from BMW so now he can get an N55 for the same money.

Not everyone is that lucky
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 PM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,373
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Not really. I am just bringing a truthful view on the subject and this doesn't please you. That's all.

Again, why did you/want to get rid of that N20 if you were *SO PLEASED* with it?

Be honest for a change.
I believe BMW lemoned his N20 due to steering vibration. Anyway, the new 1.5L 3 cylinders will make its way here soon.

If you are hating 4 banger now, I'm scare to hear what you will be saying about the 3 cylinders.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Clarissa Clarissa is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: Socks and shoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
This place is pretty good for the most part, more trolls on this site than the other forum tho which is unfortunate.

When you have trolls that don't own an F30 and have no intention to purchase one but they feel the need to come here and post things like(which is pretty much all this guy has to say on these message boards)



Bunch of really knowledgeable posters here, what car do you currently own?
Currently, I'm driving my dad' Ford Fusion. I'm 20 and working on my biology degree, so I don't expect to be buying anything anytime soon. But we did have a E90 before the Fusion...it was great.

Regarding the 3 cylinder, I'm keeping an open mind. I was in a BMW test drive event yesterday and the F30 328xi and 335xi just blew me away. Going into the event, I was skeptical about the F30. Electric steering and AWD and all that stuff...but once I got into the cars, it simply reignited my passion for BMW with a flame thrower. BMW can pull off some amazing stuff. I don't think the 3 cylinder engine will be an exeption.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:34 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
Currently, I'm driving my dad' Ford Fusion. I'm 20 and working on my biology degree, so I don't expect to be buying anything anytime soon. But we did have a E90 before the Fusion...it was great.

Regarding the 3 cylinder, I'm keeping an open mind. I was in a BMW test drive event yesterday and the F30 328xi and 335xi just blew me away. Going into the event, I was skeptical about the F30. Electric steering and AWD and all that stuff...but once I got into the cars, it simply reignited my passion for BMW with a flame thrower. BMW can pull off some amazing stuff. I don't think the 3 cylinder engine will be an exeption.
Yea, both the N20(4 cylinder) and N55(6 cylinder) are amazing engines.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Yea, both the N20(4 cylinder) and N55(6 cylinder) are amazing engines.
Now finally a troll Justin will not put on ignore. He is not against troll, as long as the troll agrees with him
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Now finally a troll Justin will not put on ignore. He is not against troll, as long as the troll agrees with him
lol at you calling the new user with 4 posts a troll. Stay classy.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles

Last edited by justinnum1; 10-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:01 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
lol at you calling the new user with 4 posts a troll. Stay classy.
Just trying to catch up.

Are you really thinking you are here to save BMW from all the trolls?

Last edited by dtc100; 10-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Just trying to catch up.

Are you really thinking you are here to save BMW from all the trolls?
Pretty sure you just called the new user a troll try and be classy to new users.

Luckily there are little to no trolls on the other forum, no where near as bad as it is here.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles

Last edited by justinnum1; 10-06-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
I don't have a car and don't see myself getting one anytime soon. But i'm here because it's a hobby. Criticizing a car shouldn't be a privilege for car owners....
As long as you do not criticize, because otherwise you will be another one of Justin's trolls. Believe me, you don't want to be his troll.

Last edited by dtc100; 10-06-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
As long as you do not criticize, you'd be fine with Justin and have a great future here. Welcome!
I knew you had a difficult time grasping things, but i didn't know it was this bad.

If they had a "i don't plan on getting an F30 but i want to talk about why it's a bad car" section on this forum, you would by far have the highest post count.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
I knew you had a difficult time grasping things...
You need to know the definition before you start to throw it around like confetti. Someone who has difficult time grasping things, by definition, cannot be a troll.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
You need to know the definition before you start to throw it around like confetti. Someone who has difficult time grasping things, by definition, cannot be a troll.
Your not a troll. You hate the F30 which is pretty obvious, but once in a while(like 1 our of every 10 of your nonsense posts) you post something thats interesting. Unlike saintor who only comes to the f30 forums to trash the N20(he posts 100% nonsense).

I tried to make that simple for you.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is online now
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,708
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
I visit the F30 forum every once in a while to see if there's any F30 diesel news and think it's hilarious that hates the N20 too. He's still the only uh... well lets just call him a "member" that's on my ignore list.

The N20 is strong enough for the heavier 528, so I'm not sure what the big deal about it being in the 328.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Your not a troll. You hate the F30 which is pretty obvious, but once in a while(like 1 our of every 10 of your nonsense posts) you post something thats interesting. Unlike saintor who only comes to the f30 forums to trash the N20(he posts 100% nonsense).

I tried to make that simple for you.
Well thank you very much, unfortunately I cannot say I have found one of your posts useful or interesting. The only thing you know is to call others troll. There is rarely anything you post offers any useful information.

You need to make it simpler for me, how about find a new label just for me, so I can understand who I really am?

Last edited by dtc100; 10-06-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Well thank you very much, unfortunately I cannot say I have found one of your posts useful or interesting. The only thing you know is to call others troll. There is rarely anything you post offers any useful information.

You need to make it simpler for me, how about find a new label just for me, so I can understand who I really am?
Someone who wastes so much time in the F30 forum and has no plan of purchasing... i can only think of one.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-06-2012, 10:22 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Someone who wastes so much time in the F30 forum and has no plan of purchasing... i can only think of one.
You need something better, this forty year old virgin has way more interesting life than you.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 PM
jlukja jlukja is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Beach, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 716
Mein Auto: '13 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
And that is the reason why C&D got better mpg figures for a 2006 330i than a 2012+ 328i, which was derated by EPA. The N20 just sucks and doesn't deserve to be in any BMW. I don't care about dyno test; 5-60 is the same/even better on the 330i.
The EPA changed the way it calculates MPG back in 2008 so you can't use 2006 EPA figures for direct comparison. The "new" way of estimating fuel economy lowered the MPG estimates for most vehicles. You're comparing apples to oranges.
__________________
MY2013 328i, N26 / 300 / 4CG / KCDF / 2DW / 205 / ZDH / 302 / 3DZ / 403 / 494
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:10 AM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,729
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukja View Post
The EPA changed the way it calculates MPG back in 2008 so you can't use 2006 EPA figures for direct comparison. The "new" way of estimating fuel economy lowered the MPG estimates for most vehicles. You're comparing apples to oranges.
I did not refer to any EPA rating, just real world figures over a long run. So that is not an apples to oranges situation.
__________________
2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,729
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Someone who wastes so much time in the F30 forum and has no plan of purchasing... i can only think of one.
Where did you get the information that I have no plan to buy a F30? This is totally wrong. You are confused easily. I probably said that I would not get a 328i. However I am considering a 335i when I'll be done with my actual car. Don't worry, I can afford it.

Are you the moron who did put the childish tags to this thread? Be a man!
__________________
2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Where did you get the information that I have no plan to buy a F30? This is totally wrong. You are confused easily. I probably said that I would not get a 328i. However I am considering a 335i when I'll be done with my actual car. Don't worry, I can afford it.

Are you the moron who did put the childish tags to this thread? Be a man!
It's just part of the name calling habit, it should be obvious if you have read the posts.

But since you are very big on straight line accelerations, might want to wait and see if BMW offers a performance kit for the N55.

The ATS has such a well tuned chassis for dancing around corners and on the twisties. But the 2.0T with manual really screwed up on the engine refinement and gearing.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 AM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
It's just part of the name calling habit, it should be obvious if you have read the posts.

But since you are very big on straight line accelerations, might want to wait and see if BMW offers a performance kit for the N55.

The ATS has such a well tuned chassis for dancing around corners and on the twisties. But the 2.0T with manual really screwed up on the engine refinement and gearing.
BMW will offer a PPK on the N55, it's coming this winter.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,729
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
It's just part of the name calling habit, it should be obvious if you have read the posts.
Yeah... that's part of his hissy fits. He needs to control his girlie emotions better.
__________________
2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:52 PM
2k11e90 2k11e90 is offline
Registered User
Location: Pleasanton, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
10 years from now, which one would you rather be driving?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,103
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k11e90 View Post
10 years from now, which one would you rather be driving?
How many people keep high end cars 10 years these days?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
2k11e90 2k11e90 is offline
Registered User
Location: Pleasanton, CA
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
We do. There are a lot of old BMWs here in CA. But here's my point...today in 2012, I would rather be driving a 2002 BMW than a 2002 Caddy...any day!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013 328i, 2013 bmw 3 series, 3 series, ats turbo, bmw, bmw news, bmw vs cadillac, cadillac ats, car and driver, dtc100 cant afford f30, dtc100 mad he got e90, f30, f30 328i, f30 forum., f30 news, f30 post, justinnum1 abuses tag system, justinnum1 reported to mods, saintor can't afford f30, saintor is a troll


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms