Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4luvr View Post
We will start separating the men from the boys this weekend.

Can anyone have a better game than Geno Smith did last week? He is number 1 in the Heisman watch. Surprised that West Va's defense was that bad.

WTF is wrong w/ your boy

Another talented kid throws his life away

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ested-for-dwi/

Quote:
According to NBC DFW, Pachall was arrested overnight Wednesday near TCU's campus on a DWI charge. The report states that an officer witnessed a car, operated by Pachall, failing to stop at a stop sign and hitting a curb. After being pulled over, Pachall reportedly registered a blood alcohol concentration level greater than .15. An officer confirmed to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that Pachall was over the legal limit. Drivers can be charged with a DWI if their BAC is over .08.

Also WV gets NO respect as a +6.5 dog at Texas

Last edited by beewang; 10-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
WTF is wrong w/ your boy

Another talented kid throws his life away

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ested-for-dwi/

Also WV gets NO respect as a +6.5 dog at Texas
Million dollar arm- 10 cent head. He has had many close calls, seen his roommate get kicked off the team for drugs and now he does something stupid like this. He must think he is totally bullet proof. He has always been a party animal and its hard to change someone like that.

Tcu has incredibly young team and we weren't expecting much this year. For example there is only one senior starter on defense. This week we will be going with our redshirt freshman QB Trevon Boykin and will probably be down to our 3rd or 4th string RB. Prior to this news TCU was thinking about giving Boykin some snaps at RB. It may be a defensive battle this week. CP4 was the one player we could not easily replace.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Our family's Z4's

Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 PM

By the way, take WVA and the points.

Our family's Z4's

Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Bo-ma-win!

I am!!.... I am just debating if I should buy up a point and make it WVU +7.5

I am not impressed w/ Texas... not against a potent WV team. Ash tghus far has been one lucky MoFo and not skill..
Old 10-04-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I am!!.... I am just debating if I should buy up a point and make it WVU +7.5

I am not impressed w/ Texas... not against a potent WV team. Ash tghus far has been one lucky MoFo and not skill..
I would be more interested in the moneyline for an outright Mountaineer win rather than teasing the points either way.

Our family's Z4's

Old 10-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

Mein Auto: Too slow to name
Bobby Petrino's phone is ringing, and the jet is fired up.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Mein Auto: 2008 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Bobby Petrino's phone is ringing, and the jet is fired up.
Not according to Pat Dye.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
Chizik gambled with Leoffler and it may ultimately cost him his job. I think Van Gorder has done an OK job but the defense is not good enough make up for an offense that seems to be working for the other team. I don't see Auburn paying the $7.5million buy out to dump Chizik this year. It drops to $5mil next year. Even with a great OC I don't think we have a QB talented enough to compete at the top level of the SEC.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA43 View Post
Yeah, the Assistant Athletic Director In Charge of Football Operations needs to pipe down.

Coming back to reality, as John said, Chizik is probably safe for one more year, but that may be one year too long.

Two new coordinators, same curious calls being made, which is beginning to make me think it's not the coordinators...

I like what BVG is doing, even if statistically they're worse than last year. The D just 'feels' like it's making progress.

As far as the O. Just UGH. *facepalm*
Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Quote:
And the ultimate in ridiculousness is being floated around on some Auburn boards:

'Let's hire Kirby Smart as HC.'

I mean, really?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Quote:

As far as the O. Just UGH. *facepalm*
The fact that Frazier continues to take sacks rather than throw the ball away is astounding. I mean the OL sucks but half the sacks this year are on very poor QB play, and Leoffler was hired as an alleged QB guru. This gets uglier before it gets better.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
The fact that Frazier continues to take sacks rather than throw the ball away is astounding. I mean the OL sucks but half the sacks this year are on very poor QB play, and Leoffler was hired as an alleged QB guru. This gets uglier before it gets better.
Remember the "Honk if you sacked Brodie Croyle" bumper sticker? Saturday was "Honk if you sacked an Auburn QB". Frazier seems to freeze in the face of the rush. He needs to run more. Mosely isnt the answer cause he is a sitting duck back there.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

Quote:
Remember the "Honk if you sacked Brodie Croyle" bumper sticker? Saturday was "Honk if you sacked an Auburn QB". Frazier seems to freeze in the face of the rush. He needs to run more. Mosely isnt the answer cause he is a sitting duck back there.
He runs too soon and tip-toes right into a blocker. My sister runs with more authority than he does, and she has a trick knee.

More often than not, by the time he decides to run it's too late.

http://eyesonauburn.blogspot.com/201...kansas-24.html

Rob's take is pretty accurate, imo.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Ok, SURELY, Texas will get rid of Mac Brown now. Over 700 yards given up to Oklahoma? Really? What the hell.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Chizik gambled with Leoffler and it may ultimately cost him his job. I think Van Gorder has done an OK job but the defense is not good enough make up for an offense that seems to be working for the other team. I don't see Auburn paying the $7.5million buy out to dump Chizik this year. It drops to $5mil next year. Even with a great OC I don't think we have a QB talented enough to compete at the top level of the SEC.
I keep wondering when Whorns fans will do something about the fact that Mack Brown get less results with more talent than any other coach in the country. Meanwhile the rest of the Big 12 hopes he stays forever.

Our family's Z4's

Old 10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Bo-ma-win!

And here from an Oregonian's perspective, imagine what we can do if we had "REAL" talented recruits .. the top 5 class year-in, year-out type that ND, Texas, Auburn and Michigan gets..
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Yes... the smirk on my face was from last night...

Can't stop the Will Smith tune in my head.. "... Bienvenido a Miami.."
Old 10-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Hydrocarbon Man

I wish we could clean house....I was going to suggest tomorrow, but let's say 3 weeks ago.

Those kids could have gone to play for better coaches than they got.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Okay... I find this extremely odd... .. Look I know it could be fraustrating to lose (and lose bad today)

and I am not here to defend him... after all, this is the same guy who said "God was on his side.." Implying that we (Oregon Ducks) were the "evil" ones... BUT This is the same guy that got you the National Championship (and beating us.. albeit a close game and a questionable call... but no one cares ..) on his 2nd year!!

This was the SAME guy that was booed by Auburn fans when he landed for the first time and got your the Crystal Ball the next year. He is the same one that is on the ESPN 30 for 30 movie "War Eagle, Roll Tide".

It was 2 short years ago... you couldn't possible want to abandon him after a couple year.. It just not right...

If I am wrong... please tell me what I am missing??!!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Hydrocarbon Man

Quote:
Okay... I find this extremely odd... .. Look I know it could be fraustrating to lose (and lose bad today)

and I am not here to defend him... after all, this is the same guy who said "God was on his side.." Implying that we (Oregon Ducks) were the "evil" ones... BUT This is the same guy that got you the National Championship (and beating us.. albeit a close game and a questionable call... but no one cares ..) on his 2nd year!!

This was the SAME guy that was booed by Auburn fans when he landed for the first time and got your the Crystal Ball the next year. He is the same one that is on the ESPN 30 for 30 movie "War Eagle, Roll Tide".

It was 2 short years ago... you couldn't possible want to abandon him after a couple year.. It just not right...

If I am wrong... please tell me what I am missing??!!
Bee,

I was in this camp at the beginning of the season, and I had no great expectations going into it, given that we had two new coordinators. However, as the season has 'progressed,' the team certainly has not. If anything, quite the opposite.

Offensively, new coordinator, same old questionable play calling. I don't consider myself an X's and O's fan, but I can tell you what plays we're going to run 40% of the time. Mcalleb speed sweep, Frazier for the sack/int/wildly overthrown pass, Wallace for the same, exact, ineffective Wildcat that EVERYONE on the planet has known for the last 4 years is going to be a run, not a pass. Time to stack the box. I've left out Lutznkirchen's play since he's out for the season.

When it was Gus calling the plays, he caught the heat for crap like that, in addition to the much slower tempo than we had in 2010. Now that he's gone, clearly, it MUST be Chizik. Gus is back to his fast pace at Arky State.

Defensively, I had great hopes with Van Gorder, and I am not as down on the defense as I am the offense. It's hard to be effective when you're 90th in the FBS for time of possession, and at least the db's are actually LOOKING for the ball this year. Ted Roof meanwhile, has Penn State 22nd in total defense.

Last season's excuse was that we lost so many upperclassmen, and I get that. Those guys are older and continue to make the same mistakes. There are rumbles that Chizik is not allowing/limiting BVG to play the younger guys who are making plays. BVG allegedly threw Chizik's liason out of a defensive coaches meeting several weeks ago.

This is a ramble, and I apologize.

The team as a whole is rudderless and looks completely unprepared week to week. Chizik has had 3 top 15 recruiting seasons in a row. Lots of other teams are playing just as many underclassmen as we are and are having success.

blah blah blah.

If nothing else, Tubberville was canned in 2008 and had a much more competitive squad.

One of my neighbors was a big time (as in $'s with an M) donator to the program and predicted this would happen when he was hired. He put a plug in the money pipeline when they fired Tubbs.

Last edited by Ajax; 10-28-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Squeal like a BMW

Mercifully I did not witness the drubbing Auburn took Saturday night. I didn't think it would be competitive but it was much worse. Chizik is living down to his billing, frankly and his record at Iowa State. Without Malzhan's offense and SuperCam to run it, and a defense that seems to no longer care, Chizik has to go. He's lost the team.

Another year of this would set the program back 5 years. Only way to stop the bleeding is to clean house from the AD down.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:00 AM

Mein Auto: 4Runner-BMW
#7 ranked OSU getting beat by the Huskies shows how wrong Oregon teams being in the top 10 is...
Old 10-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsdad View Post
#7 ranked OSU getting beat by the Huskies shows how wrong Oregon STATE being in the top 10 is...
Fixed it for you..

because the term "TEAMS" implies more than one...

and surely you don't mean the plural because the other Oregon team OWNS the Pacifc Northwest
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Quote:
Bee,

I was in this camp at the beginning of the season, and I had no great expectations going into it, ...
If nothing else, Tubberville was canned in 2008 and had a much more competitive squad.

One of my neighbors was a big time (as in $'s with an M) donator to the program and predicted this would happen when he was hired. He put a plug in the money pipeline when they fired Tubbs.
I don't quite get why Tubbs was let go... from my perspective..

Yeah.. I hear what you are saying.. and I'd be the first one to call him for his head if the Crystal Ball wasn't won on his watch..

The fact that he HAS a crystal ball to his resume says that he CAN win the big one and probably should buy him another year..

But I know... going from the Apex to the bottom just feels like cr@p and I can certainly agree with your fraustration..

What happens if by remote chance that AU beats UA in the ironbowl this year?? What would you say then??!!

beewang
Old 10-29-2012, 12:07 PM

Mein Auto: x
Quote:
Mercifully I did not witness the drubbing Auburn took Saturday night. I didn't think it would be competitive but it was much worse. Chizik is living down to his billing, frankly and his record at Iowa State. Without Malzhan's offense and SuperCam to run it, and a defense that seems to no longer care, Chizik has to go. He's lost the team.

Another year of this would set the program back 5 years. Only way to stop the bleeding is to clean house from the AD down.
He's went 2-14 during his 2 years in Big 12 and somehow ended with 8-0 in SEC in 2010?

What a miracle.