Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 328 xdrive
2014 MT Availability

Is anyone aware of plans to offer/not offer a manual transmission on the 2014 328 xDrive?
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
I've read nothing to indicate they will drop the MT on sedans. You never know but as of now only the F31 wagon is AT only.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjaz View Post
Is anyone aware of plans to offer/not offer a manual transmission on the 2014 328 xDrive?
You can't get an MT6 on the 2013 328i x-drive so I don't see why they would add it back on the 2014, unless there is massive demand for it, which there probably isn't.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
You can't get an MT6 on the 2013 328i x-drive so I don't see why they would add it back on the 2014, unless there is massive demand for it, which there probably isn't.
I probably would have pulled the trigger on an F30 purchase by now if I didn't have to spring for the 335 to get AWD and MT. I imagine I'm not alone on that but I suspect you're correct in your assessment. That would be a shame.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Quote:
I probably would have pulled the trigger on an F30 purchase by now if I didn't have to spring for the 335 to get AWD and MT. I imagine I'm not alone on that but I suspect you're correct in your assessment. That would be a shame.
My only words of advice on this, having initially detested the idea of losing an MT is.... the auto gearbox on the F30 is very, VERY good, and I don't miss having a stick.... ever.... and that's all I drove for about 18 years.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
Quote:
I highly doubt you will get more MT offerings. If anything, you should be worried about the availability of MTs on any configuration. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if BMW dropped MTs altogether in a year or two.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Swedish Murder Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
I highly doubt you will get more MT offerings. If anything, you should be worried about the availability of MTs on any configuration. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if BMW dropped MTs altogether in a year or two.
I think the logical progression would be that they stop offering it on the 328i next... especially if uptake is as low as I suspect it is.

Next it becomes a paid-for option on the 335i/340i. I bet dealers would look at this as a potential deterrent from people special ordering an MT car, then backing out, leaving the dealer with a hard to sell option.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
I think the logical progression would be that they stop offering it on the 328i next... especially if uptake is as low as I suspect it is.

Next it becomes a paid-for option on the 335i/340i. I bet dealers would look at this as a potential deterrent from people special ordering an MT car, then backing out, leaving the dealer with a hard to sell option.
I don't see this happening at all. First of all Audi and Infiniti still offer MT's on their cars as does Cadillac on the ATS. While BMW has dampened the 328 recently it's still the best sport sedan in it's class. Can you imagine the uproar from the car rags if BMW were to stop offering the MT in the sedan and coupe?

Regarding volume, it's been less than 10% and probably less than 5% for many years now.