Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > BMW CCA LA Chapter Forum

BMW CCA LA Chapter Forum
The official BMW CCA LA Chapter forum on Bimmerfest.com. With over 3,500 members, LA BMW CCA members enjoys a number of club sponsored events, contests, and offers a great way to meet new friends who appreciate our very own ultimate driving machines. For more information about the LA chapter of the BMW CCA jump over to their website - www.bmwclubla.org

Old 10-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 12 328i ED & 11 328i ED
What Types of Events Do YOU Want?

As part of our efforts to improve the LA Chapter of the BMW CCA, we are interested in learning what types of events you would like to attend.

Please take a moment to post some suggestions.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2012, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto: 330i sgm
How about some canyon drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White05X3 View Post
As part of our efforts to improve the LA Chapter of the BMW CCA, we are interested in learning what types of events you would like to attend.

Please take a moment to post some suggestions.

Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 12 328i ED & 11 328i ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladius View Post
How about some canyon drives?
That sounds like fun. Thank you for the suggestion!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I Kill Bugs!

Mein Auto: 2010 E64 Imola RedJessica
Events

Manufacturer days.
Track/Autocross days. Gotta test out my mods on the 650
social get togethers for good causes. Car show for a kids group! Boys and Girls Club of Los Angeles for example or McKinley childrens center. maybe with the SoCal Mini Maniacs also.
Meet and greet at a nice resaturant for car show and great meal!!!

I am new to the BMW world. Have worked in the auto aftermarket and been to and organized shows and events in the past. Getting people to show up is half the problem...
I am in for it!
Imola Red Alpina appearance convertible. Alpina front and rear spoilers, Silver Deko kit, 20 inch Racing Dynamic wheels, Alpina badge, gloss black grills and side slashes. Dinan intake and ported throttle body plus Britalman catback exhaust; Cross drilled/slotted rotors with StopTech pads, Custom MGP Caliper Covers, stainless brake lines. White LED Angel Eyes. KW Var 3 coilovers with spacers, full front end mask, Dinan Stage 3 computer mod.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:43 PM

Actually, how about car control clinics? I see they have them in San Diego but can't make a weekend trip of it. Hoping it will come to LA.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Rest in peace, Coach

Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
Quote:
Actually, how about car control clinics? I see they have them in San Diego but can't make a weekend trip of it. Hoping it will come to LA.
Problem for L.A. is facilities. If we can find a decent lot to do Car Control Clinics in, we'd at least hold them twice a year.

If any of you knows the owner(s) of large facilities with large parking lots and nothing to hit, let us know and we'll deal with the negotiations.
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Problem for L.A. is facilities. If we can find a decent lot to do Car Control Clinics in, we'd at least hold them twice a year.

If any of you knows the owner(s) of large facilities with large parking lots and nothing to hit, let us know and we'll deal with the negotiations.
Last year I volunteered to help out the Tirerack Street Survival event at the Mazda headquarters parking lot in Irvine, is that one large enough? If that's large enough, I'll scout around for a site. But, why not have it there if its big enough? I know it's not really LA but I'd be willing to drive down for a car control clinic there.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Rest in peace, Coach

Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
Quote:
Last year I volunteered to help out the Tirerack Street Survival event at the Mazda headquarters parking lot in Irvine, is that one large enough? If that's large enough, I'll scout around for a site. But, why not have it there if its big enough? I know it's not really LA but I'd be willing to drive down for a car control clinic there.
That one is large enough. We've actually approached them to do another CCC/TRSS but we've been told that lot is no longer avaiable.
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
That one is large enough. We've actually approached them to do another CCC/TRSS but we've been told that lot is no longer avaiable.
How about dodger stadium?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:26 PM

Mein Auto: e90 m3
Its baseball season. Not gonna happen. And if the old owner still owns the parking lots its def not gonna happen. Cant we just do it at speedway like all the other events?

BPM stage2 + servo tune - POS exhaust - catless - driver mod (ongoing)
Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Its baseball season. Not gonna happen. And if the old owner still owns the parking lots its def not gonna happen. Cant we just do it at speedway like all the other events?
good point, but hopefully in the off-season. that's right, mccort still owns it! sure he doesn't need the money?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:32 AM

Is the street survival more of teaching how to brake , etc? Or is it more of a ok, slide, counter, catch, ok now try it in the wet type of class? I want to start doing hpde with dsc off but dont necessarily want to go on a track and not have any experience with losing traction and then just go spinning everywhere. That would be expensive.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:32 AM

Quote:
good point, but hopefully in the off-season. that's right, mccort still owns it! sure he doesn't need the money?
Mccort. What an utterly rich loser. Lol.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Is the street survival more of teaching how to brake , etc? Or is it more of a ok, slide, counter, catch, ok now try it in the wet type of class? I want to start doing hpde with dsc off but dont necessarily want to go on a track and not have any experience with losing traction and then just go spinning everywhere. That would be expensive.
I attended an hpde at fontana. if its your first time, you'll go on the beginner group and always have an instructor in the car with you. So yes, it could be expensive if you go off, but with the instructor in the car, that should be less likely.

I too want to learn practice how to handle the car in emergency situations, when to brake or gas it when sliding, etc. kind of like the street survival class. If youre a teen, this is perfect for you. Sadly, im way too old for it!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 PM

I have been to plenty of HPDE and would run in the B group with BMW CCA (recommended by instructor to move to B and let me go alone the last session) - that being said, my current driving style is the drive as smoothly as possible and drive such that the traction control does not engage. So far so good, but when its time to accelerate out earlier and harder, I would like to have the car control down first. This way I can get into the A group soon! ha

Last edited by pkim1079; 06-25-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I have been to plenty of HPDE and would run in the B group with BMW CCA (recommended by instructor to move to B and let me go alone the last session) - that being said, my current driving style is the drive as smoothly as possible and drive such that the traction control does not engage. So far so good, but when its time to accelerate out earlier and harder, I would like to have the car control down first. This way I can get into the A group soon! ha
I missed the "dsc off" part! It sounds like you would know what to do in theory, its probavly a matter of practice now.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 PM

Mein Auto: 325i W/O CDV
What Types of Events Do YOU Want?

I think it would be really, really great to have some type of interaction with some of the BMW race teams. Obviously Long Beach Grand Prix would have been a logical fit but that has come and gone. However, it should make the schedule next year in USCR (the grand-am + ALMS merger).

In the meantime, some type of meet and greet, social gathering or race car viewing with a few drivers would be amazing. The Rahal ALMS team's new Z4 GTE would be a sight to see for sure!!

Otherwise more manufacturer/parts vendor events would be fun. I attended the Modbargains meet and it turned out to be a great time.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Los Angeles BMWCCA Member#415991
Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: '13 M5, '11 335D, '01E46
- Booth at Long Beach Grand Prix
- Another German wine and Cheese event
- German Beer, Saurkraut and hot dog event
- Track day with instructors
- Cruise along the coast and beach fire pits after.
2008 BMW M5 Saphire Black
2003 BMW M5 LMB2011 BMW 335D LMB Mtec
2006 BMW x5 4.8is Lemans Blue (RIP)
2001 BMW 325ci Supercharged Alpine White
2005 Acura Tsx (Daily trooper)
BMW CCA Member # 478042
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Mein Auto: 13 ActiveHybrid5
Group detailing class at Meguiars in OC ... they host it every now and then.

Current:
14 smart electric drive
14 MB E350
13 BMW ActiveHybrid5
Past:
85 Corolla GT-S / 98 MB ML320 / 06 S2000 / 08 EVO X MR / 11 G37S 6MT / 12 MBZ E350 Bluetec
BMW CCA Member #457884
Old 08-08-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae86pwr View Post
Group detailing class at Meguiars in OC ... they host it every now and then.
I would love this.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: IS300, 135i
Regarding venues for car control clinics, is El Toro in Irvine too far? I attended a car control clinic with the OC PCA last year, and it was at El Toro. There was enough space for two skidpads, two figure 8 courses, a mini autocross course, a course for emergency lane changes, and one more for another cornering exercise. The runway surface isn't too rough, so your tires won't get chewed up that fast.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 AM

El Toro would be a great place.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I see that the Tire Rack Street Survival program is being held at the Bob Hope airport in Burbank! Maybe this venue could be used for a clinic as well?
Old 10-27-2013, 08:47 PM

so can we get a car control clinic going? how many would actually want to participate? maybe we should start a list so that we can take one step forward.

(copy/quote and paste)

1. pkim1079

Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 PM

Sounds good to me. To the powers that be, I would be willing to help in organizing this, just let me know what needs to be done.

1. pkim1079
2. ladius

Quote:
so can we get a car control clinic going? how many would actually want to participate? maybe we should start a list so that we can take one step forward.

(copy/quote and paste)

1. pkim1079