Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 03-23-2009, 06:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 x5
OBD Code 1419

2006 X5 is throwing an OBD error of P1419; I can't find this listed anywhere. Anyone know what it is?
Ads by Google
Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 x5
After some further Googling . . . I found my answer here:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ferrerid=56200

Apparently, it's a Secondary Mass Air Flow sensor.
I have no idea why it's not commonly listed.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:35 PM

Mein Auto: '95 525i '05 X5
Time for a (California) smog test for my 2005 x5 3.0i but I needed to get rid of the CHECK ENGINE light. I came up with 2 codes: P0491 & P1419. I reset the codes and only the P1419 returned. I followed the link above and purchased a new secondary mass air flow sensor (part# 11721438814).

This was the most easiest fix I have ever had. I was expecting hours to figure out the location of the part and then figure out how to change out. Turns out that this is on the passenger side of the engine compartment, just beyond the radiators, attached to the side. You will see a piece of plastic about the size of a baseball which is the filter for the air being sucked in to the exhaust. The sensor is between the filter and the (approx) 1" diameter plastic hose.

A simple hose clamp holds the hose to the sensor on one side and a small torx shew holds the filter on the other side of the sensor. My hose was a bit stuck so I had to pry and twist before it came loose. There is connector on the bottom for the sensor wires.

I am wondering how often the filter has to be changed. Who knows, the problem may have been a clogged filter. When I replaced the sensor, I banged the filter on the driveway to knock loose any dirt that might be clogging. I started up the car and could hear and feel the air being sucked into that filter.

I reset the error code with my reader and the code did not come back. There was no obvious (physical) problem with the old sensor so it may have just been a loose connector or a clogged filter so you might want to inspect before you go paying $120+$8 (shipping) on eBay.

The only word of warning...My CHECK ENGINE light was off. I drove the car about 10-15 miles, including some freeway driving, and I went to the smog testing facility. The car passed the emission test but failed the FUNCTIONALITY test. The problem is that the car performs some internal test whenever codes are cleared or the battery is removed. Apparently 10-15 miles worth of driving is not enough for the test to complete but the smog testing unit will know if the internal tests have completed or not and you will fail if all of those tests were not performed, even if the emissions are ok. I know, crazy.

The test guy told me to go back in a couple of days and he is sure the car will pass.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Mein Auto: X5 3.0i
P1419 OBD II Error

I'm adding to the list here for those who run across the same issue as above for the Future.

My car also just had the P1419 error, I cleaned the secondary MAF with MAF cleaner and cleared the OBD II code, but within a day or so the same code appeared so I ordered the new secondary MAF for $87 at my local Foriegn Discount Auto Parts.
But before I replace it, I'm I'm going to remove the valve (#14 valve in pic) clean and install it, and clear the OBD code. Will update in a few day's to see if the code returns and of my findings of #14.

Here is the following helpful info for you.

www.Realoem.com
Make sure you get the last 7 digits of your vin to help verify your vehicle information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 12.33.05 PM.png
Views:	498
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	344804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 12.33.24 PM.png
Views:	313
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	344805  

Last edited by Mudnyrey; 10-18-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: X5 3.0i
Update:

I removed the #14 in the diagram picture, Cleaning the carbon residue blocking the area in the pipe and engine side. I cleaned the secondary MAF sensor as well. Both the above did not work in my case, so I purchased the secondary MAF sensor, not having the "Service Engine Soon" light cleared, in a few day's the light cleared on it's own.

Problem solved. (Engine with 150K)

Mud~
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo copy 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	346486   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	346487   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo copy.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	346488   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	346489  

Last edited by Mudnyrey; 10-19-2012 at 10:45 AM.