Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)

E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series E60 Sedan was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E61 wagon followed shortly there after. The E60/E61 5 series is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 10-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chill View Post
Thanks. I'm looking to move down to Orlando, Fl when I retire. I see you're in Orange County (FL?) also. How do you like it?

Orange County CA. Love it. Wouldn't live anywhere else!

11' 335Cic Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - M Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' 535i Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' X5 3.0si Alpine White - Beige Interior - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

06' 330I Sparkling Graphite - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Retired

01' 330Cic Alpine White - Beige Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Retired
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 535i xdrive
Dude that sucks all the way around, hopefully they total it and give you some good value on the car...
Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanE60 View Post
Dude that sucks all the way around, hopefully they total it and give you some good value on the car...
Not totaling it. If you read above, $14,000 in damage. A car has to cost more to fix than to replace for it to be considered totaled.

11' 335Cic Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - M Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' 535i Alpine White - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

08' X5 3.0si Alpine White - Beige Interior - Sport Package - Premium Package - Navi - Current

06' 330I Sparkling Graphite - Black Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Retired

01' 330Cic Alpine White - Beige Interior - Xenon - Sport Package - Premium Package - Retired
Old 10-28-2015, 09:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 550i Sport
Wife was trended a few hours ago in our 2014 BMW 55O M Sport

Read through all the posts here. Never been in accident My wife was rear ended in her fully loaded 2014 BMW 55O M Sport package. Police report filed and guy admitted fault at scene. Wife had problem starting car but police officer managed to get car running. She was hit stationary at 30 mph in rear Headrest ejected forward, interior light will not turn off, airbag did not deploy, but has error of malfunction, bumper totally smashed up and trunk slightly buckeled up mufflers damaged, other engine warning light on, rides rough. My wife an hour after accident today is all of a sudden getting severe upper back pain and neck pain. Very dramatic psychological to her. She is going to doctor tomorrow. Ok my thoughts and facts>>. I paid $72k for car 1.5 years ago. Brand new custom order at United BMW Atlanta. . Car trade in value not wreck is around 50k. Retail $58k. I was just told by my dealer 25%- 30% loss in value due to car and bad carfax now. So loss in value already at at least 15k before any repairs. New trunk, bumper, exhaust, headrest restraint, electrical, air bag malfunction light, and so weird engine issues even if rear ended only. I'm sure frame is bent. Tail lights alone our like 1200. I would be surprised if repairs are less than $10k so plus depreciation trunk, bumper, exhaust, headrest restraint, electrical, air bag malfunction light, isn't warrant now void? 2.5 years left on it what is that worth? Plus everyone I know has major issues after a few years after repairs Car will never be the same. Also medical costs and long term pain. about my 2.5 years of full warrant left Void now? If issue in future they could tie to accident and not pay for it So many things that come into play. What a nightmare. i don't have any loan on car. Also my car is very rare only saw 3 for sale in USA. With me exact options. I will got to court without lawyer if need be. 3-0 in small claims court This will be big boy court but feel like I can handle. (police report car fax) of $15k I'm at $25k minimum plus all the other engine and possible frame damage cars pulling right. Also interior lights on. Also isn't warrant now void? 2.5 years left on it what is that worth? Plus everyone I know has major issues after a few years after repairs Car is never the same. Also medical costs and long term pain chat about my 2.5 years of full warrant left? Void now? If issue in future they could tie to accident and not pay for it So many things that come into play. What a nightmare. i don't have any loan on car. Also my car is very rare only saw 3 for sale in USA. With me exact options. I will go to court without lawyer if need be. 3-0 in small claims court This will be big boy court but feel like I can handle. Btw. Guy who hit me Big SUV that was really messed up on front end. Oh rental car cost guy had statefarm. I gave Geico. Call them they said they will help me fight for everything I need The open cases and closed so not a hit against me but can no reopen if issues not being able to settle.

Last edited by scottw5765; 10-28-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-28-2015, 11:06 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw E60 535 "10
Sorry to know about the accident and hope your wife gets well soon. Yes dealer can deny any future warranty issues cause of the accident specially I never had any good experiences with Bmw dealers and plus your wife is in pain. Do not settle easily get a professional lawyer if you need to and get your each and every penny. Btw I have seen premium cars been totaled just with a fender bender. So you can go that route and take your money. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasboy1985 View Post
Sorry to know about the accident and hope your wife gets well soon. Yes dealer can deny any future warranty issues cause of the accident specially I never had any good experiences with Bmw dealers and plus your wife is in pain. Do not settle easily get a professional lawyer if you need to and get your each and every penny. Btw I have seen premium cars been totaled just with a fender bender. So you can go that route and take your money. Good luck.
^^^In a rear ender you have a lot of leverage. Use it.

I don't believe in scalping the other driver, but you should get what you deserve: full value of the car (including loss in value from carfax), all expenses for your wife's injury, and comp for what may be a future and ongoing medical condition.

Do not let your insurance company or agent negotiate the issue -- they'll agree on the cheapest alternative. Hate to say it, but get a lawyer, since the counterparties will try to leave as much value on your shoulders as they can.

BTW, if you want to be responded to, start a new thread.

2007 530I
2003 325XI (gone)
2004 530I (gone)
2001 530I (gone)

BMW CCA Member 10+ Years

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." -- Kurt Vonnegut

Last edited by banglenot; 10-29-2015 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:12 AM

Thanks man for that info. Sorry not sure why duplication on post above on iPhone I will clean up at home tomorrow. out of town on business trip and was stressed last night

2012 BMW X5
Old 10-29-2015, 06:14 AM

Thanks. Yeah I will clean up and post to f10. Just need quick response and notice some key points missing in other threads. Thank again to all replys.

2012 BMW X5

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 / E61 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search