Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 PM

Mein Auto: Looking for a new car!
Buy a 2013 Military Purchase or 2014 ED?

I am in a quandry. I am currently a contractor deployed in sand land but will likely be leaving theter in December but not actually returning to the good old USA until the first week in March 2013. (Its a complicated situation)

In order to qualify for the military discount I have to order a car before leaving theater in December. The military discount is $5k off the base price of the car and options are US MSRP price. Since I will be ordering a pretty well equipped car (retirement ride), I calulated the actual cost of the vehicle I want to be $600 under the US Invoice price. A better deal than anyone else will likely get.

I am also considering returning home and ordering a 2014 build for ED in order to get the new upgraded Navigation Professional with the new procesor, improved maps, and larger hard drive. I believe the first builds on the 2014 model start in September 2014.

I already have a car at home that I own so I have a daily driver.

Waiting for a 2014 means I will not be driving a new car this summer but it might be worth waiting 6 months for the new Navigation Professional. Of course there may be a price increase as well for the 2014 model.

Cost wise the difference in price between a military purchase and ED when you factor in the cost of travel to Germany is probably a wash.

I have owned Audis, Hondas, Fords, Chryslers, Mercuries, and Buicks but this will be my first BMW and I am looking forward to the experience. This board has been a great help in learning about the F30 and BMWs in general.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Ads by Google
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335 i
I just left "sand land " myself but I am stationed in Italy. You can save a lot more money if you play the situation right. I don't know how vested you are in getting a 2014. If you ordered now with your orders and take leave in Germany on your way home . You can do a lay over in Munich. Pick up the car and drive it to the port. Then register the car in Florida. You will save thousands. I can give you more details if you want.

Last edited by NavyWizard; 10-09-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 AM

Mein Auto: Looking for a new car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWizard View Post
I just left "sand land " myself but I am stationed in Italy. You can save a lot more money if you play the situation right. I don't know how vested you are in getting a 2014. If you ordered now with your orders and take leave in Germany on your way home . You can do a lay over in Munich. Pick up the car and drive it to the port. Then register the car in Florida. You will save thousands. I can give you more details if you want.
Unfourtunately, I can't do that. I am a contractor and have to fly back to the US through Kuwait. I just started communicating with my CA in Germany and it looks like the new Navigation Professional may be part of the July 2013 builds but I am waiting for confirmation. I asked for the complete package of information on ordering from the lady I am dealing with at Pentagon Motor Sales.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Vert
I had the same dilemma when thinking about getting my vert. Bottom line is that I got the 2013 versus waiting for the 2014, even knowing full well that there would be a new body style in a year. I am near retirement and the bottom line is I decided I wanted it now, versus later when a "new and better" would be along. There is always something new and better coming along and at this age I am not waiting to enjoy the things I want to enjoy. My $.02 anyway.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 328i
Don't forget that, as with the transition from 2012 to 2013, there may be some variations in standard equipment or in packages and their costs. That may be good or bad, but an unknown quantity at this time.