Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d
2010 X5 failed inspection for the third time

We bought a certified used X5 a few months ago. Because it was bought in a neighboring state, we didn't get it inspected there. Figured we would wait the approx 75 mis they told us we needed to wait and go to our local auto shop for a quick and easy sticker. First time we brought it we were told it failed 5 "readies," and we needed to bring it back after a longer period of time. I just brought it back after approx 300 mis and still no pass. I am being now told by our d'ship that it needs to be run for approx 7-8 hours of driving time before it will register as ready. The state we bought the car in says that's not true.

Can someone help me?
Ads by Google
Old 10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 ///M5
can you elaborate on the "5 readies" what do you mean?

I think they are telling you to drive the vehicle around because its throwing error codes and they want them to clear. If you could provide those codes, if not just hook it up to a reader (places like autozone do this for free)

I would just bring it back to the stealership and ask for them to a look at the vehicle. I would be furious if I bought a CPO BMW and it didn't pass inspection.
Tuning Tech Tune by Frank Smith (http://www.tuningtechfs.com/)
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
Supersprint Headers - July'14
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

2006 X3 3.0i M-Sport | Silver Grey | Terracotta | AT | Navigation | Premium Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | AFE |
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 & 2012 X5 35d
Might help if you posted this on the X5 forum as well (assuming that's what you have based on your thread title)
Old 10-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 35d
Sorry. The "unreadies" are now down to two with this last visit today. What it states in the printout is "tech performed a fault check and found the readiness for the SCR CAT and the EGR are not set. The customer has to drive the vehicle." Mind you, I also had a ton of conversation with the advisor.

Sorry. I am a newbie and actually thought I was posting in the X5 section. I have now also posted there. Thanks for your patience : )
Old 10-09-2012, 06:04 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw
read:

http://www.europeantransmissions.com...0Procedure.pdf

you need to complete the drive cycle for the emissions system to show ready.